It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High pitched noise with simultaneous ear popping?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Last night I heard a very high pitched ringy sound in my ear, while simultaneously my ears popped like they do when you drive up into the mountains. Only the pop was to a slightly lesser degree than that, and it only lasted for a split second. The ringy noise started slightly before the pop, but they ended at the same time. While I was hearing the ringy noise it sort of took control over the thoughts in my mind. The feeling was so strange that my body sort of involuntarily quivered while laying in bed. The weird part of this all is that it wasn't scary, it actually felt kind of pleasant and intriguing. Any ideas what it was?

edit on 7-1-2011 by ericsnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
blood pressure?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by exactmad
blood pressure?

I have perfect blood pressure.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ericsnow

you may have tinnitus ,check out www.tinitus.org.uk...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Go see a Doctor. Or it might just be an inner ear infection? Any signs of vertigo?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by funbox

I do not have an ear infection or any ear problems.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Doctors cannot see in the inner ear from what I have assumed. Are you on an medication? Anti Biotics?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
If you want advice from a professional I would say send a private message to VneZonyDostupa.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ericsnow
Last night I heard a very high pitched ringy sound in my ear, while simultaneously my ears popped like they do when you drive up into the mountains.

The Major is perplexed. The recruit has a single transient event of no clinical significance and said recruit goes running to the internets? Whatever happened to "rub a little dirt on it and keep on playing?" Ed Rendell was right and it pains the Major to no end to admit that a yellow belly liberal like Ed Rendell is right about anything. The Major will resist any urge to make a thread about the aforementioned "pain." The Major has a sneaking suspicion that the recruit might be one of those that might be a little too inclined to utilize Sick Call at every opportunity.

Stand tall and grow a pair.

Dismissed.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Umm, what lol?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Hearing tones while your ears are plugged is very common. I'm sure your doctor can give you a more detailed explanation but what happened is you had fluid trapped in your ear and it was the fluid making the sound.

You don't need to have an ear infection to getted plugged ears. Usually if they stay plugged long enough, then the ear infection happens.You can damage your ear if fluid stays.

BTW: My doctor told me to clear the fluid, to hold my nose, close my mouth and blow - it's supposed to push the fluid out.
edit on January 7th 2011 by Daughter2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
When I play football I lose the hearing in one of my ears. Sounds like its full of water, iv no idea why?

You wasnt doing any sport or fitness at the time was you?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2

Hearing tones while your ears are plugged is very common. I'm sure your doctor can give you a more detailed explanation but what happened is you had fluid trapped in your ear and it was the fluid making the sound.

BTW: You can damage your ear if fluid stays. My doctor told me to clear the fluid, to hold my nose, close my mouth and blow - it's supposed to push the fluid out.

How would I get fluid in my ear? I didn't shower last night and I haven't swam in over a year.

Again guys, this ringy/popped ear feeling was immediately followed by an involuntary and sort of pleasureful/intriguing full body quiver.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I hear the same sound you are hearing. Mine started around the time
they started up Hadron Collider. I notice that on Friday afternoons it is
the less noticeable. I shoot rifles out at the range, and never hear a ringing
in my ears afterwords. Personally, I think it is the gov messy with some
experiment,

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

About 6 to 7 months ago which seems to be near the time frame where you experienced this problem, I had a similar experience. I was lying in bed at night and after about an hour or so while laying on my back I heard this sound which sounded like a crowd of whispering people which escalated into a ringing noise and I was unable to move. I had a feeling of dread because it felt like something was getting into my thoughts. I fought it with all my might and then I heard a large pop/high pitched crunch, but in both ears. I can best describe it as something trying to get inside my head and take over, just for a moment. After the pop I was able to regain control of my body and thoughts. I was scared like hell, unlike I had never been before. I served overseas in 03 and 04 and consider myself a strong minded individual considering some things that I have been through. I laid in bed looking at the ceiling trying to process what the hell went on but I was unable to rationalize it. I woke up my wife and told her in detail what had happened which scared her.

After telling her I got up to use the bathroom and was turning back to walk towards the bed away from the bathroom reaching for the light when I wife hollard out for help in a suppressed sounding voice. What I mean is she almost sounded like she was speaking through a fan. At this point my knees almost buckled and it felt like I had the wind knocked out of me because of fear. I swear to God that as I was looking around the room I expected to see someone or something, but there was no one. My wife was able to jolt up after a few seconds and began to cry. She stated that something was holding her down and she was unable to move. I figured maybe my neck was was out of place pinching a nerve causing paralysis and false audio signals to be sent to my brain, but then for something similar to happen to my wife. We never told anyone because who the hell would believe us. Something was in the room with us that night and it felt evil. It never happened again. Where do you live geo graphically? Are you old or young? Are you ex military? When exactly did it happen to you? I was in Phoenix,AZ at the time it happened to me. Were you under a lot of stress? Are you full of crap and just by mere luck someone experienced what you made up? I am trying to make connections, you sure dug up old feelings here.
edit on 7-1-2011 by chetstenum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ericsnow

Originally posted by Daughter2

BTW: You can damage your ear if fluid stays. My doctor told me to clear the fluid, to hold my nose, close my mouth and blow - it's supposed to push the fluid out.

How would I get fluid in my ear? I didn't shower last night and I haven't swam in over a year.

Again guys, this ringy/popped ear feeling was immediately followed by an involuntary and sort of pleasureful/intriguing full body quiver.
sounds like an ear orgasm

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by funbox

Actually you may be right. Wikipedia said mercury poisoning can cause tinnitus.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Upon falling to sleep you are preparing to operate in another dimension, there are sights and sounds, especially the ones you are describing, sometimes even smells that coincide with this event. You are preparing to use the body you use when sleeping and leaving your third dimensional body behind for a good rest.

There is this old book called "The Art and Practice of Astral Projection" by Ophiel. Its been since forever that I read it, but it is very down to earth. You can practice getting control of this transition process. Also, you are most likely a sensitive, a psychic or an angelic human who is awakening. The latter transition has begun and those who are such are going to have all kind of weirdness. But, it will be worth it.

Angelic Humans Transistion

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by chetstenum

You both are definitely powerful and need protection.

What psychic protection do you have at our disposal? Are there any Native American Tribes with healers operating in your general area? The original tribes are a mathematical intersection of spirituality that can handle off worlders and on worlders at the same time.

Concerned...please seek help.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelwrangler
reply to post by chetstenum

You both are definitely powerful and need protection.

What psychic protection do you have at our disposal? Are there any Native American Tribes with healers operating in your general area? The original tribes are a mathematical intersection of spirituality that can handle off worlders and on worlders at the same time.

Concerned...please seek help.

By powerful what do you mean and by protection what do you mean? Be more specific.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join