It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Takara Davis, 13-year-old girl in coma, gets jaywalking ticket at hospital

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
awhile back, I had left work, coworking in car with me, and was driving home. the route I usually take was under construction and I just decided to avoid that area, so I was talking a different route. well....on the way home, I came to the intersection that I would have approach if I had taken the usual course, I would have stopped, looked and rechecked, made sure it was safe, and made my turn...
well a coworker had taken this route and as I was drivng into the intersection I saw her car approaching the intersection. she had the stop sign, I figured she would stop. boy, was I surpised when I glance at the side rearview mirror and saw her car heading into the side of mine.....I reacted quick enough, sped up some and swerve hard hoping that I made enough room between her and me to avoid an accident. there was no accident, and well, she just didn't see me....she was too busy talking on that cellphone that she always has attached to her ears...

but, well, part of being a driver is expecting those unexpected moments and reacting.
the girl is 13 years old....I am sorry, I just don't expect the 13 year old kids to act any smarter than the adults that surround them! they are children, and we have need to take extra measures to protect them from their stupidity.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join