It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pledge of Allegiance BANNED!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
reply to post by CREAM

your welcome to do your waiting in mexico.

apparently its cool to just waltz right on in

Actually thats not true, you have to go through the process of applying just like like you would for any country, you cant just walk right in.

There is no reason I should not be welcome in the united states. It is my birth right to live here and I pay my taxes, the united states government (which is pretty much is just a corporation, we pay them for a service) is just like a big resort and and I am paying to stay here and I am not causing any problems.

By your logic, we shouldnt let a person eat at mcdonalds if they dont plan on being loyal to teh MickyDs, because in the future when they can afford something else theyll stop eating there(which of course, would be blasphemy right? lol).

Its exactly the same, I plan on moving when I can afford my favorite place to live, until then I'll pay my taxes to the US.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

ive been out of highschool for 3-4 years, and when i there nobody was ever forced to recite the pledge, it was voluntary.

obeying the rules is one thing, but show me one public school in this nation where it is a rule to say the pledge.

its your own fault for submitting, if you had demanded to have had your parents present at the time they forced you to recite it, they would not have forced you to recite it.

this is law. i cant speak for schools that operated 50+ years ago, but at least in contemporary america when a minor demands the presence of their legal guardians, nothing can happen until they show up.

if its a private school where that is a rule, well then your parents should have read the terms and conditions before enrolling you there.

link   
reply to post by Taliesien333

But I do believe we should remove God from it.

Yea, that's pretty much what is wrong with the country, the more they take god out of the equation the farther down the tubes we go.
newyork.cbslocal.com...

link   

edit on 7-1-2011 by Mastermook because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

naw! jump the fence, swim the rio, pay a coyote and get shot.

no waiting.

btw, where is your favorite country?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Mastermook

I grew up with neither in public schools, so I don't miss it at all.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

i hate to break it to you, but thats exactly how it is.

the second you step foot in mcdonalds, you have to follow their rules or leave.

however i must point out that a private corporation and a public school are 2 separate entities that operate under 2 separate sets of rules. so it wasnt a very good analogy..

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

still don't understand the first part.

ya well, all things being equal, it WOULD be a nice world, eh?

and don't face palm me, lol. it's very euro trashy to do that.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
when i was in school if you didnt want to recite it then you just stayed your ass in your seat.

even the ashiest kids still stood up and said it, they just skipped the "under God" part.

this wasnt even a decade ago.

I agree. Thisis another example out TPTB fixing the things that are frankly unimportant and ignoring the need to fix important stuff like the loss of jobs, overspending, dubious wars Etc.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
reply to post by eNumbra

still don't understand the first part.

You don't understand that children don't have the ability to comprehend what they're pledging to and how it relates to the reality of what is?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I've said it before and I will say it again" Pledging yourself blindly to ANYTHING is ignorant.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

i know adults with the same problem.

errrrrrrrr,

beddy bye time.

smell ya later!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Oh good.

Veiled insults; and I thought this wasn't going to be intelligent.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mastermook
reply to post by CREAM

You pledge your allegiance because you live here, and are reaping the resources and rewards from this country and respect it. That is the oath you take when you became a citizen of this country. Your loyalty and respect in order to stay here.
Gets under my skin, how people can migrate here, and disrespect the country and complain about it.
My family migrated here and appreciate what they have, work, and pay there taxes.
If certain people don't like it, then they can leave.

Tis is utter garbage. I do not have to blindly pledge myself to something just because I happen to have been born there. I dont have to be loyal or respect the imaginary lines in which I live. That is the great part about freedom.

"If you dont like it get out"...ah es, the cry of a true patriot.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by Taliesien333

But I do believe we should remove God from it.

Yea, that's pretty much what is wrong with the country, the more they take god out of the equation the farther down the tubes we go.
newyork.cbslocal.com...

Yet America's been going down hill since the "Under God" part was added to this stupid pledge.

By the way, I too find it a little weird that we have kids pledging to a flag and a state.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
They could of course just roll back the pledge to remove the "under god" thing, then voila...fixed.

The Pledge of Allegiance of the United States is an oath of loyalty to the national flag and the republic of the United States of America, originally composed by Francis Bellamy in 1892. The Pledge has been modified four times since then, with the most recent change adding the words "under God" in 1954. Congressional sessions open with the swearing of the Pledge, as do government meetings at local levels, meetings held by the Knights of Columbus, Royal Rangers, Boy Scouts of America, Girl Scouts of the USA, Fraternal Order of Eagles, Freemasons, Toastmasters International and their concordant bodies, other organizations, and many sporting events.

I think we should roll back to the 1942 version

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

If it worked for the greatest generation, then it works for me.

Else, they should add another bit in if its all about progress to allow for paganism, atheism and agnosticism. Also maybe to describe a more realistic view of America

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the corporate republic for which it stands, one nation (with asterisk next to Texas), under God, or several gods, or perhaps just some really advanced alien races that came here long ago, or just evolution because we have alot of evidence for that which counters biblical understandings which at the current moment is the main theme for the Gods which we subscribe to in todays society, not that there is consensus as to which gods this is, but lets not split hairs, indivisible, With liberty, or conservatism, depending on which is in power at the time, and justice, unless they are labelled a terrorist, sex offender, drug dealer, drunk driver, or mexican, for alot."

That should sum it up...

Excellent post.

If I could have given you a hundred stars for that one, I would've. But I can only give out one star unfortunately.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Best thing to do in regards to schools, is get your kids out of the public ones.

If you actually think the government funded schools are there to teach your kids to excel in the world, you would be sorely mistaken. They are trained to be good cogs in the machine. They are trained to be politically correct and to not excel. Hell, look at the way they treat sports now.

Private or home schooled.

Tell me, with an increase in funds over the years and a directly proportional decline in our students output, you would begin to think THERE MAY BE A PROBLEM.

But hey, removing GOD from a pledge may help. You know that illogical premise, where one thing has a direct relationship to something else. Even though it does not.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I remember saying the pledge every morning too.
I wrote this thread awhile back,it's the same topic...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM
Good. I never said it when I was in school, I would just stand (because you had to). I dont pledge allegiance to this country, in fact I plan on giving up my citizenship here when I am able to afford to gain citizenship to my country of choice (the cayman islands), so why would I pledge my allegiance? We were all born on earth, now reason to pledge your allegiance to a country just because your born there.
edit on 7-1-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

As I've said many times, if you you don't want to pledge allegiance to the flag, or the Republic for which it stands, you are always free to leave. I'm glad you're doing the sensible thing.

Please don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

Originally posted by CREAM
Good. I never said it when I was in school, I would just stand (because you had to). I dont pledge allegiance to this country, in fact I plan on giving up my citizenship here when I am able to afford to gain citizenship to my country of choice (the cayman islands), so why would I pledge my allegiance? We were all born on earth, now reason to pledge your allegiance to a country just because your born there.
edit on 7-1-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

As I've said many times, if you you don't want to pledge allegiance to the flag, or the Republic for which it stands, you are always free to leave. I'm glad you're doing the sensible thing.

Please don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Course, thanks to the fact that we live in a free nation, we have the RIGHT not to say and, and dont have to leave.

"Love it or leave it" is the opposite of patriotism. it is nationalism. Nationalism is NAZI, by its very definition. Perhaps you'd feel more at home in WW2 Germany?
As a very wise man once said:
"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel"
edit on 7-1-2011 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join