It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pledge of Allegiance BANNED!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Condemned0625

so what if i want to say it?

if its banned io cannot do that.

as it stood it was already a voluntary practice, so im not sure why everybody is stuck on this notion that your being forced to say or do anything.

by banning it your forcing the ones who would like to express themselves, from doing so.

totally assbackwards if you ask me

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
no wonder i'm all screwed up!

that god dam pledge of allegiance, i knew it!

which is funny coz i can say GD as freedom of speech but in the pledge god is a no no.

twisted much?

Not at all, you can still choose to say the pledge to yourself when your at school if you want, you could go home and say it at home, you can say it anywhere. They just aren't forcing kids to say it. Makes perfect sense to me.

BTW, this is just a small district in Ohio, not all schools.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

You pledge your allegiance because you live here, and are reaping the resources and rewards from this country and respect it. That is the oath you take when you became a citizen of this country. Your loyalty and respect in order to stay here.
Gets under my skin, how people can migrate here, and disrespect the country and complain about it.
My family migrated here and appreciate what they have, work, and pay there taxes.
If certain people don't like it, then they can leave.
edit on 7-1-2011 by Mastermook because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

"banned" means it is not allowed to be recited.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker

as it stood it was already a voluntary practice, so im not sure why everybody is stuck on this notion that your being forced to say or do anything.

by banning it your forcing the ones who would like to express themselves, from doing so.

Nonsense

You could still say it if you want, the only reason the word "banned" was use in the article for this story is because its sensationalized. They aren't forcing kids to say it, surly you could still say it if you like.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

They do force you to participate, at least. They threaten to send you to the office or give you some sort of penalty for not standing up or "respecting our nation" as they call it. They were always being pricks to me when I wouldn't stand during the pledge. I refuse to surrender the right to sit in a chair during a practice I don't care for. I guess you forgot about that part, right?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM
We were all born on earth, now reason to pledge your allegiance to a country just because your born there.

Indeed.

The constitution, what it built, stood for and it's intent is perhaps the pinnacle of governance, but we are all of this one world, blessed or cursed because of imaginary lines in the sand.

One of these days, millennia from now, when humanity grows up we may all live free as one world. Even then, children shouldn't be pledging themselves to anything they haven't had the time or education to comprehend.

Originally posted by Mastermook
reply to post by CREAM

You pledge your allegiance because you live here, and are reaping the resources and rewards from this country and respect it. That is the oath you take when you became a citizen of this country. Your loyalty and respect in order to stay here.
Gets under my skin, how people can migrate here, and disrespect the country and complain about it.
My family migrated here and appreciate what they have, work, and pay there taxes.

So now we're being blackmailed for our allegiance?
edit on 1/7/2011 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM

Nonsense

You could still say it if you want, the only reason the word "banned" was use in the article for this story is because its sensationalized. They aren't forcing kids to say it, surly you could still say it if you like.

Nothing is being sensationalized (by me), I used Fox news because it was the first link that came up after i "googled" it. All the other news links I saw on various sites all had "banned"

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

NONSENSE

that is the state we were already in.

you cannot force a kid to say or do anything without the parents explicit permission.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

reply to post by CREAM

I'm sorry, but I am a citizen because I was born here, I never took an oath to this country and I owe no loyalty to it. I pay my income taxes, I pay all the taxes required of me(even though I spend most of my time out of this country for school).

And I cant just leave, the cayman islands (where I would like to live) has some very strict immigration requirements and its going to take me a long time and a lot of work to meet them.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

im sorry that happened to you. it was unlawful and you should have told your parents.

guess we should all stop rolling over and submitting huh?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
Since I am an Ethical Planetarian, such things that retain national identity are more a hindrance than a benefit, for having such nationalistic behavior institutionalized enables a divide to affect conquer situation.

I would not forbid it, but I would not encourage it either.

I'm with you 100%

Banning may have been easier then coming up with a workable compromise.

link   
reply to post by CREAM

your welcome to do your waiting in mexico.

apparently its cool to just waltz right on in

link   

reply to post by CREAM

NONSENSE

that is the state we were already in.

you cannot force a kid to say or do anything without the parents explicit permission.

They forced me to stand and face the flag, so yes, they can force you to do things. I dont know when the last time you were in highschoool, but the are a number are rules you are forced to follow(plenty of of them are good).

If you think the arent allowing kids to say the pledge on their own, on their own time at school. Then you mus lack common sense.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

reply to post by CREAM

Certain people did not have the choice to be born, especially in this country. Certain people also do not currently have the money nor the time to move to another country. Just because I was born in america doesn't mean I have to respect it. I couldn't have possibly had the choice to be born and I certainly have no choice but to reap the resources in order to survive. It is human instinct to desire to live and avoid suffering. It may apply to immigrants, but it doesn't apply to born citizens.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Probably banned because of that darn word "Republic".

Wouldn't want those pesky chillens to wonder why that word is in there.

Democracy is the death knell of all great societies.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
How about every single one of us gather in front of every public school and on a bullhorn say the Pledge?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

so how will they know what to pledge if they are not taught?

wtf? where does that kumbaya bs get ya?

sorry if none of you people are not up on current events but there is a nasty world out there.

let your countries take in the north korean refugees or all the economic refugees in this world.

oh sorry, their governments won't let them out and no body wants them.

not off topic, just taking the general attitude to the next step, sorry.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Refusing to participate in the flag salute was not an option when I was starting in school - I started in '59, our flag had 48 stars though Alaska had just become part of the union by then and Hawaii was soon to follow. I was one of the first that began refusing to take part in many things, which led to some disciplinary consequences that would be unthinkable today.

As I went on in school the "under god" part of it began to be objectionable to me so I did not recite it. By then refusal to take part started becoming an option but those that didn't were harshly scorned by a vocal minority. It was less resistance to stand but remain mum.

With the Pledge as currently written it is tantamount to school prayer. Having "god" as part of the pledge seems like a justification for some of the actions the country has taken in world affairs, like it gives authority to meddle in other countries' affairs, and if we are found wrong at least we are "forgiven." Hogwash. We don't need to give ourselves that kind of justification.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
so how will they know what to pledge if they are not taught?

Taught BEFORE you pledge.

wtf? where does that kumbaya bs get ya?

A world of peaceful people, is a peaceful world. Governments, the elite and power ambition are the problem.

sorry if none of you people are not up on current events but there is a nasty world out there.

/facepalm

edit on 1/7/2011 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join