It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

48 Hours To Save The World

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
You awaken suddenly to the predawn hues of autumn sifting through your window. And something else. Something is screaming in the back of your mind to be heard. You are alone yet you "feel" crowded, scared, and jumpy. Something is coming and your chest is caving in with the urgency to run far and fast. Everything goes black. The silence is deafening.

You then realize the figures in the corner. One comes forward and speaks with you. in a language you have never heard from a time you cannot imagine. His lips do not move, but you can hear him clearly.

He explains that they have come to cleanse the earth unless they can find good reason to leave it as is. They have 48 hours to either complete or abandon their mission. Even though you are terrified, you begin to state your case...

This is a hypothetical question of course. But if you believe in alien life forms/UFO' S it is entirely plausible. My question is this -

If you were contacted and had the oppurtunity to salvage this planet and it's people in the span of 48 hours, how would you state your case? What would you show and tell them? Where would you take them? How exactly would you try to change their course?

Apologies to anyone who doesn't like hypothetical questions. I was just curious how most of us would react if ee were contacted and the planet was in danger.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Well good question. I feel they would already know about the ignorance that most know of. But then the individual being contacted may not have knowledge of labs were the darkest of dark experiments happen and they (E.T.) might. So it would be kind of wierd of them to request 1 inhabitant to show them all they know and that the shower doesnt know, feel me.

So if I was presented I would show them all the faces of the global children not just one location but all and hope they take them to saftey during cleans if possible. Not saying that adults dont possess the energy im just speaking of what is innocent until infected with adult buffoonery.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I'd do nothing. If the aliens are so cold hearted as to do that, and I don't trust my next door neighbour as it is, It's panic sex time and to hell with the day after tomorrow.

Really, it'd just prove everyone - even aliens - suck...

8[

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I think they would know from an educated point of view, but assume (yes I know lol) they could not "feel" or completely understand how humans percieve the world and what non-materialistic things they crave and or appreciate. Your idea was a good example of that for sure. And if possible I would also rather the children be saved before the adults.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I would take them to Elementary Schools across the world, show them all our wonderful beings we have, full of love and imagination and show them what we are before the system gets a hold of us.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Let us hope they don't pick you then!

Although panic sex may help save us. Depending on how they see it.. lol

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

Maybe they would bargain with us. All our safety in trade for those running the system?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
reply to post by mileslong54

Maybe they would bargain with us. All our safety in trade for those running the system?

edit on 1/7/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Them's fightin' words!
edit on 7-1-2011 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
reply to post by badw0lf

Let us hope they don't pick you then!

Although panic sex may help save us. Depending on how they see it.. lol

Lol, if the fate of the world rested on my shoulders... oh I'd ask who really was so bad as to deserve that!

Wait tho, if they save us, then panic sex would just be normal sex with added panic involved... Or.. no.. umm

Snap, who am I kidding, mrs palmer wouldn't entertain me anyway

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Wait. I'm confused...

If you take the panic out then put it back in, does one cancel the other or does the panic increase exponentially?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Panic sex? really? As much fun as that doesn't sound - remember though some people # or piss there pants when they freak out of panic - so good luck with that one bub.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Somehow... I think that already has happened. Not quite in the way, that they told us, they'd destroy the world if we didn't stop doing what we like to do.. They rather said, we'd destroy the world ourselves, if we kept doing what we do...

But watch for yourselves:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Explanation: S&F!

If you were contacted and had the oppurtunity to salvage this planet and it's people in the span of 48 hours, how would you state your case? What would you show and tell them? Where would you take them? How exactly would you try to change their course?

1] I waited and watched and noted that A] They Chose OL and B] being wise and powerfull offworldly entities I think I can safely make an assumption that they have also waited and watched and noted OL as being a Being worthy of contacting! This IS self evident!
[as per the hypothetical]

Please also note that I have only one No# in the above generally technical explanation!

Here is a specific version that addresses each of the questions posed in the quote above etc.

1] My Voice. For reasons of OL's comfort....as OL is assuming they reading my mind or whatever etc.

2] Myself inside my mind... which includes my moral standards etc.

3] I'd let them offer to take me somewhere 1st as they seem to be far more capable than little old OL!

4] If OL's pure presence alone cannot convince them then they were never in a position to be convinced in the 1st place and it was a hoax perpetrated by 'these hypothetical Aliens" etc!

Personal Disclosure: The Aliens can't fool OL... as I'm already stupid!

edit on 7-1-2011 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to agg a missing word and to fix typo's
soz

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Peloquin

If the accounts of the children aren't sincere and authentic, then I don't know anything.

And what the girl tells at 05:12 in the video... should shake us to the bones... and make us think...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I'd just point out that we've been manipulated, that we're all equal, and if we get the chance to do our own thing without those in power crushing the chances of us being who we could be, they'd likely see that we're worth helping.

All of us being equal would be the main point though. No alien race could or can have any reasonable ground for wiping a species from the surface of a planet.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
A truly evolved species would not be in the business of genocide. Assuming that were not the case, these visitors would likely be aware of any facts you could present as argument and have already been dismissed as inconsequential. Assuming they are savage idiots with space ships, perhaps one could argue that our rate of technological growth could perhaps soon make us a useful ally.

In the last 100 years we've gone from horse and carriage to the construction of a worldwide compendium of human knowledge that can be accessed ANYWHERE within milliseconds. In what, 10? 15 years? We went from computers that required a ROOM to house (late 60's/early 70's) something that had less computational power than a digital wrist watch to desktop computers with multichannel sound and full color displays (early 80's.) The handheld calculator I used in high school had more ram and processing power than those early desktops. Now we're using desktops that have more cache (memory) in just the processor itself than most systems had as a whole in 1990.

We're in the middle of an EXPLOSION of technological and scientific advancement - truly fascinating and exciting times to be alive from that perspective.

I believe the BS we have down here is merely a function of latent primal territorial instincts and resistance to change and evolution. We still have borders, tribes, land ownership, etc. and we fight do defend those. Some people cling to their comfort zones and will fight to the death to defend their beliefs. As a race, I like to think that we'll overcome a lot of that.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peloquin
reply to post by Peloquin

If the accounts of the children aren't sincere and authentic, then I don't know anything.

And what the girl tells at 05:12 in the video... should shake us to the bones... and make us think...

www.youtube.com...

Look up "eye movement lying" in google. The first link shows how to tell when someone is fabricating memories by the movement of their eyes. According to that guide, at least generally speaking, along with the general attitude and tone when the kids were explaining things...these kids aren't making this stuff up.

update: This eye movement method does appear to have some questions around it as to its ability to actually determine truthfulness.
edit on 7-1-2011 by an0maly33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

First I would ask a few pertinent questions about the species I was adressing. Knowing a little bit about the person with whom you are communicating makes the effort less taxing, and more effective. For instance. I would first ask how long it took the species to evolve to where it is at this point.
Its important to know that, because it offers a frame of reference for any points I might wish to make about the comparative infancy of the human race. Also, I would ask the entity , why it believes that it has the right to make choices about what may and may not live, and how it has arrived at the error strewn conclusion that it has any business telling anyone else how to run thier affairs. That seems to be a mistake only one of us flawed and small minded humans would make anyway , which means that the entire hypothetical question is moot. Any species that flawed is as weak as we are, and would be a fair match in a fight, and not capable of outright destruction of all the Earth.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
i would be like this world is f#cked save the good ones leave the bad ones and leave the worst on mars so they can suffer with out air a nice slow death! and take all the nonberlivers to there home world but they world proberly say its some 3d tv cgi or there stuck in swamp gass lol they wont belive untill it slaps them in the face lol

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join