It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I get the Swine Flu Vaccine? (UK)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I've been having a think about whether to get this Swine Flu vaccine. I checked on the Swine Flu Vaccine website, it says there is a 25% chance it will work, so for 1 in 4 people it will actually work and protect against the mild Swine Flu virus. I get flu roughly once every 3 or 4 years, but let's call it once every 3, so there's a 1 in 3 chance I'll get a Flu virus this Winter. There are 3 different types of Flu currently circulating in the UK, of which Swine Flu is one of them, so let's say there is a 1 in 3 chance that given you catch flu it will be Swine Flu.

So
1 in 4 chance vaccine will work
1 in 3 I will catch flu this Winter
1 in 3 I will catch Swine Flu

This means there's a 1 in 36 chance that if I were to get the vaccine it would work and prevent me from catching a flu virus which would have been Swine Flu

There's a 1 in 36 chance that this will pay off and prevent me suffering from mild flu

Now, I remember this vaccine was untested and there were warnings in the packet about "Effect on Fertility Unknown". There were also strange things happening to people who took it; videos on YouTube of a girl who now has to walk backwards.

What are your thoughts? The media are telling me to get vaccinated, but people who educate themselves are warning me this is a sterilzation program. Who should I listen to? Please advise

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Doctors weren't getting it. That's telling.

I doubt it's dangerous, more of a waste of time.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The chance of Swin Flu is about 1 in 1,000. Btw.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Don't you have any trust in your own immune system?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

For the sake of argument, let's use your data

If the chance of me catching Swine Flu is 1 in 1000 and the chance of the vaccine working for me is 1 in 4, then there's a 1 in 4000 chance that me getting vaccinated will pay off for me

1 in 4000 chance that this untested jab will successfully protect me from mild flu, but I'm still feeling pressure from the media; newspaper and tv channels. There must be a good reason they want me to take this, to protect me, I like to think?
edit on 7-1-2011 by jameshawkings because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by KatieVA

I used to, but surely the experts in the media know better than me, right?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I think before you ask other people you should ask yourself 'why would i get it?' and answer that question, because why would you get it?

ADD***

it's not a real epidemic/influenza, its a mediocre virus(man made dud) that kills nowhere near even 5% of what the common cold/flu does each year.
edit on 7-1-2011 by loagun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by loagun
I think before you ask other people you should ask yourself 'why would i get it?' and answer that question, because why would you get it?

I'm trusting the advice of the experts, I'm confused though as the probability I calculated above doesn't seem to make sense

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
last year there was no epidemic of people dying in Mexico(where it supposedly came from), the USA, or Canada, or South America for that matter. I am surprised they ever pushing a vaccine this year after that whole WHO scam.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

last year there was no epidemic of people dying in Mexico(where it supposedly came from), the USA, or Canada, or South America for that matter. I am surprised they ever pushing a vaccine this year after that whole WHO scam.

I hear all these people saying "It's a sterilization program" , "the WHO is funded by the same families who funded the Nazis", but then again, those are the same people who would tell me that 9/11 is an inside job. So I don't listen to them too much.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by jameshawkings

I'm going to assume for sanity's sake that you're being sarcastic!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jameshawkings

I'm going to assume for sanity's sake that you're being sarcastic!

Are you suggesting there's some form of corruption and hidden agenda?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
omg.... you are willing to ponder over the idea of the Swine flu vaccination being a secret sterilization program put on by the WHO, but completely right off the chance 9/11 wasn't what it appeared to be?

you have some research to do.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

omg.... you are willing to ponder over the idea of the Swine flu vaccination being a secret sterilization program put on by the WHO, but completely right off the chance 9/11 wasn't what it appeared to be?

These people always say the same things to me "Diana was assassinated", "911 was an inside job" ,"Swine Flu is a Sterilization Program" and "A North American Union is being planned" etc , I normally take it all with a pinch of salt

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

They send me links like these about 911 and Swine Flu

911 was an Inside Job

Swine Flu Vaccine Contains Polysorbate 80 to Sterilize

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
might i suggest watching this documentary Zeitgeist www.youtube.com...
and forget all those other 9/11 conspiracy videos. this ones proves it wasn't what it seemed.

also regarding the North American Union.
"The new scheme, set out in a confidential document entitled “Beyond the Border: A Shared Vision for Perimeter Security and Competitiveness,” is due to be formally announced in January.

Details remain unclear. But press leaks indicate that the aim is to fully integrate Canadian and U.S. border enforcement, particularly in the air and seaports that receive people and goods from outside North America.

Canada would also amend its immigration and refugee policies in order to bring them in line with those of the U.S."

www.thestar.com...

Canada/USA/Mexico isn't going to amalgamate into one big country, and especially not overnight. However it is apparent that the governments of the three countries are becoming closer behind closed doors. Within the next year with the new North American Security Union of whatever they are calling it, it gives the US military a pass onto Mexico and Canadian soil as they will now be the leading protector of North America(well really the whole union deal was to grab Canada before anyone else did for it's resources. Mexico was brought it because, well, they are the new 'Canada', the helpless little brother to the south now).

Anyhow elements to what you seem to be dismissing as garbage conspiracies are actually true.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by loagun

Thanks, why would there be a media blackout on this?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
on what?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

on what?

The other beliefs people have about 9/11 (inside job), Swine Flu Vaccine (Sterilization), North American Union etc?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I am slightly confused.... There is no media blackout on the North American Security Agreement. The 9`11 stuff is out there for everyone on the internet. The sterilization stuff I have no answers for.....

top topics

join