It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Chat

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
In the "Rant" Forum due to the lack of a "Namby-Pamby" Forum

I’m quite unable to participate in ATS chat most of the time which is frustrating as I’ve heard a lot of good things about it.

Am I missing out? Is this the reason I’ve not been accepted into the “Good ol’ boys club” ?

Is this why I don’t get any Christmas cards and the like?

Please help me find friends. I’m lonely

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Why can't you participate in the chat?

I would like to know.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Why can't you participate? I am confused. Just jump in and ask what we are talking about..Usually many convo's go on at once lol It's confusing. I just jump in or add my own topic lol

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

Because of OS or network restrictions.

When at "work" it's network restrictions.

While at home, I usually browse via my iPad or Droid Incredible. My PC is upstairs and I'm usually not

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Juston

Have you tried the good ol' world of proxies?

Proxy.org

Or, you just don't have java installed on your operating system?
edit on 7-1-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
You're missing out on a hell of alot. Just yesterday we plotted to overthrow the ATS staff network.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juston

Because of OS or network restrictions.

When at "work" it's network restrictions.

While at home, I usually browse via my iPad or Droid Incredible. My PC is upstairs and I'm usually not

IS this a trick question? You say you cant enter chat but then give valid reasons why! I smell a fink

Besides, every time I've gone in there the 4 or 5 people who do talk are really really boring...

Kinda like a live Skunkworks thread. -- What ever happened to the live forum thingo on the side of some areas that people could post a quick comment too..

ATS should just have an IRC channel and avoid the web based thing, too many people get problems... especially if they're using their phones or tablets.. lol

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Then get upstairs. There is always someone in chat no matter what time of day or night. There are people from all over the world. When it is night for me, it is morning for someone else. It's interesting and fun! I would say it is worth going upstairs to get on your pc. Join us!!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia
You're missing out on a hell of alot. Just yesterday we plotted to overthrow the ATS staff network.

You mean Bill and Mark were aliasing again?

Coh..

8]

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

Standing rules say that no chat based schisms or plans for world domination are final until approved by the council of thirteen...

And I have yet to see a memo about this so....

~Heff

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Not a trick question at all. Perhaps I should’ve said "is going upstairs and entering chat worth it?"

Yeah, the network at work has all the bases covered. Surprised I can actually come to this site TBH.

Ah, what to do, what to do.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juston
reply to post by badw0lf

Not a trick question at all. Perhaps I should’ve said "is going upstairs and entering chat worth it?"

I wish I knew, I've never had an upstaris... It's all downstairs for me, unless I put a room on the roof and then everything would get wet, because I cant build rooms.. and it might rain, well if I built a room on the room it WOULD rain..

I s'pose I could put a tent on the roof, but then, knowing my luck, I'd get blown away ala balloon boy and get doctor phil on my back.

Hrmm, You can always find out however - it may be a costly and prohibitive journey up those perilous steps... but as long as you have a sherpa, or a small child to guide you, and a cup of coffee or maybe even a bottle of something stronger to pep the chat up... Who know?!

Do report back once you have reached the peak - I hear there are skeletons up there from the 1920's when other hapless explorers to the illicit Chat room ventured upon this task!! Brave men, all of them...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Honestly we haven't missed you.

Carry on!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by NadaCambia

Standing rules say that no chat based schisms or plans for world domination are final until approved by the council of thirteen...

And I have yet to see a memo about this so....

~Heff

Nostopia will conquer the world! Then every knee will bend before the almighty Nos!
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Juston

Shoot I wish I could just get to the t&c part of chat iv been stuck in BFE for a dang week and all iv got is this dang blackberry and I'm going in to a chat withdraws and I can't take it anymore the dang weather man is saying its going to snow and freazing rain sunday so I will be stuck with out chat for even longer dam it dam it all I'm going to just chew my dang toes off it a conspiracy I tell you a dang conspiracy first deer sesion had to end this week well now that's over I'm having work done on my cabin(where I'm at now) and can't leave till sunday and now that dang weather man on channel 2(atlanta) tells me its going to freeze and I can't get home what a load of bull at this point if I could send a smoke signal to chat half of south GA would be in ashes well that's enough ranting from me carry on

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by hillbilly4rent

Well. It seems the "Rant" forum was appropriate after all

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Juston

This is my 200 post and just about to see what chat is about. Although it is now 3.12 AM and am getting tired.
Could of made 10s of meaningless posts but choose not to.
Wish me luck..... If am still able to type

Take care
Regards

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

No it wont, and we all know why

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Come on into chat Juston, it is most definitely worth it. I was skeptical at first too but once I joined in I am hardly ever not sitting at my computer without the ATS Chat window open, even if I am browsing the internet.

We would love to have you join in on the fun. There's always something interesting going on except around 9am - 1pm Eastern Standard Time. But other than that it's very active with at least 5 members chatting.

Hope to see you there soon.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
yep come on in just dont fall into Nos's room little booger kicked me out just for showing up

top topics

<<   2 >>

join