It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too Much Fluoride In Water, Government Says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Too Much Fluoride In Water, Government Says

www.msnbc.msn.com

Fluoride in drinking water — credited with dramatically cutting cavities and tooth decay — may now be too much of a good thing. It's causing spots on some kids' teeth.

A reported increase in the spotting problem is one reason the federal government will announce Friday it plans to lower the recommended limit for fluoride in water supplies — the first such change in nearly 50 years.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.kansascity.com

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
So our beloved government has now reversed a 50 year standard in flouride added to the water supply.

Now it has been determined that the so called "safe" level of toxic flouride was wrong, and it has left children with spots on their teeth!

What else might flouride be doing to the children?

it's not that municipalities are actually dripping genuine fluoride into the water supplies in the first place -- they're largely using fluorosilicic acid, which, as I've covered before, is actually a toxic waste product produced in the smokestacks of various industrial chemical producers. If they weren't selling this substance to cities, they would have to pay a lot of money to have it handled as an environmental hazard and buried in EPA-approved landfills.

www.naturalnews.com...

Google Video Link

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 7-1-2011 by burntheships because: format

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Existing thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I want them to go further than that; I want all public water drinking fountains with fresh carbonated spring water like they have in Paris.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

ATS allows for topics posted in the BAN forum to be duplicated in their respective intended forums.

And to be on topic...I think it's clear the government has no malicious intentions here. Physical manifestations have prompted the gov to lower exposure limits. Surely, if there were more evidence that Fluoridated water is much more dangerous than they had anticipated, they would take proper action to remove or reduce fluoridation.

So, I don't think it's a nefarious act on behalf of the government. Not many people realize how muddy the water is in different areas of medical research. Currently, for multiple reasons, research quality standards have reduced. It's now become a field of quantity, not quality. And because of the numerous studies being conducted, and their lack of quality (poor study methods, short term studies, industry bias, etc.), analyzing data and forming factual conclusions becomes a daunting and confusing task.
edit on 7-1-2011 by DevolutionEvolvd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
SMH pineal gland reupgrades. Good post
s&f

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

These were both in the BAN forum when I wrote that.
This one has been moved.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Benny, why is it that in every case that i see you post, that you are always helping the government deity with their propaganda machine

Thanks for helping ATS out as the moderators just couldn't get to this thread as fast as you could

Thanks op for the short lived information

edit on 7-1-2011 by allprowolfy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Ahh....hate when that happens.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd

ATS allows for topics posted in the BAN forum to be duplicated in their respective intended forums.

And to be on topic...I think it's clear the government has no malicious intentions here. Physical manifestations have prompted the gov to lower exposure limits. Surely, if there were more evidence that Fluoridated water is much more dangerous than they had anticipated, they would take proper action to remove or reduce fluoridation.

So, I don't think it's a nefarious act on behalf of the government. Not many people realize how muddy the water is in different areas of medical research. Currently, for multiple reasons, research quality standards have reduced. It's now become a field of quantity, not quality. And because of the numerous studies being conducted, and their lack of quality (poor study methods, short term studies, industry bias, etc.), analyzing data and forming factual conclusions becomes a daunting and confusing task.
edit on 7-1-2011 by DevolutionEvolvd because: (no reason given)

I disagree. The Mellon institute published bogus health tests, and lobbied for water fluoridation like asbestos before. The 1947 fluorine accident, and the multiple tests on mice were very clear. Fluoride is dangerous. The mellon institute knew it, and championed water fluoridation anyways. The research is clear. There is no debate that non topical fluoride causes a host of medical issues. These issues are more pronounced in infants, and children. Fluoride is toxic waste from the phosphate industry that is put into our water. You cannot accept that it has been placed in our water from the phosphate industry looking for a cheap way to remove waste, or for more nefarious purposes of mental degradation. This is not a case of this not being so, but of your ability to accept that it is so.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by stephinrazin

In actuallity, it's a case that has become commonplace in the medical research community. You say, "the data are clear!" I say, the data are clear if you're cherry picking studies.

I'll admit, I haven't researched this topic to conclusively pick a side; however, I have seen this phenomenon occur within other realms of medical research (nutrition science). I'm not saying fluoridation is harmless. And I'm not saying governmental recommendations are right. What I'm saying is there's not some governmental entity that is purposefully poisoning us through mass fluoridation. That's pretty ridiculous.

I'm also saying that once a hypothesis (mass fluoridation) is proposed, studied and then accepted...it's generally tough to A) get good funding, B) get published data in credible journals and C) convince politicians differently (remember, no politician wants to be known as a pancake).

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Lets listen to the great philosophy of the positive thinkers at msnbc. lol

What great minds they are coming to a conclusion that people knew about decades ago.

new topics

top topics

join