It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP EXCLUSIVE: US Says Too Much Fluoride in Water

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

I've felt this way for a long time. I live near dc and have rubbed shoulders with people close to our leadership. These folks in charge come and go and they don't hand down a secret agenda to who takes over in the next election cycle. The root of most conspiracies is corporations buying influence. Corporations do have an agenda and reward govt officials for policy decisions that boost their bottom line.

Our govt is broken. Thanks to the recent decision by the supreme court, the money is flowing more freely into the pockets of politicians. We need to take back govt. Attend protests and boycott the big corporations.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
well,
since Nazi used fluoride
in concentration camps
to sterilize people,
everyone with
enough
braincells
can conclude
that this stuff is
not really good for your health
no matter how small the dosage is...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
You know, I could never understand how people could be so dumb to let the government poison their water with fluoride when it was/is first proposed in a city. Fluoride is used to treat the teeth at a dentist office, where they *only* put it on your teeth for 30 minutes, and then they tell you to *never swallow it*. Fluoride is a poison. It is a highly toxic neurotoxin. I do not understand how people can think that *swallowing* sodium fluoride helps your teeth. It helps mess your brain up, not help your teeth. Fluoride is even known to cause its own set of problems when applied directly to the teeth and gums, too. It's called Fluorosis. I guess people don't know how to read the back of their toothpaste bottle, where it warns not to swallow toothpaste... and if one does swallow toothpaste, contact a doctor of poison control center immediately! Oh, but let's put it in our drinking water, because it's going to help your teeth... even though you're going to be swallowing it. Also, should it not be an individual choice on whether they want to have "strong" teeth? It should be the responsibility of an individual to take care of their own body, and not get force fed by the government. Ridiculous. Fluoride being *demanded* to be injected into our water supply only shows how little people think about these things. How can we, the human race, be so smart yet so dumb?

"Too Much Fluoride in Water" purposely injected to the water supply is ANY AT ALL. There is no "there should be *this much*." There should be NO fluoride in our drinking water. k buy

- Fangula
edit on 8-1-2011 by Fangula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
i'm surprised what a picture is being drawn about fluorids here

fluoride happen to be in our drinking water because they simply be in our environment.
The rain washes them out of our soil, for example.

So whats being stated is that the government now goes for higher standards in the quality of our drinking water.

so who's poisoning whom ?
You are poisoning yourself by always demanding the cheapest product in the supermarket.
Some dudes in the food industry put farmers under pressure, and they start using chemicals on their soil, for being a little more capable fullfilling everybodies need for cheap food.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
Furthermore fluoride is a topical drug, to be applied to the teeth, not to be ingested. The CDC believes in the bizarre method of having babies ingest fluoridated water, despite the established practice of not giving babies tap water at all, just breast milk or formula. The CDC claims fluoride helps babies teeth before they are formed. How so? You ask. Through the saliva, once again proving fluoride is topical and not to be ingested.

This is the important point, i don't believe flouride in the water is put there to kill us or dumb us down and when discussing this with people the conspiracy stuff should be avoided. Instead we should simply point out that ingesting fouride doesn't help teeth. I didn't know this until a few years ago when i asked my dentist and he explained how teeth remineralise with the calcium ions in saliva and flouride helps that along when it's applied topically. There is no reason to flouridate water if someone is brushing their teeth with a flouride toothpaste and the minimal dose you get from drinking it won't have much of an effect.

I think the only conspiracy at work is that when they started putting it in the water they honestly thought it would help, then when they discovered it doesn't really help the companies providing it lobbied governments to keep it going because it was such a good source of revenue.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
im going to get back to this asap

2nd line

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Serenity08

No, you are completely wrong. Iodine is poisonous, Iodide is essential and they haven't removed it from anything. They could've kept it hidden that Iodide was essential or you would become retarded, but no, they published the information and required salts to have a percentage of iodide.

To the person who can't find the benefits of fluoride, nor any experiments confirming them, you obviously didn't look that hard, or just typed into google "fluoride conspiracy". Like I said, at a library it takes less than an hour to find peer-reviewed studies that show that fluoride is beneficial for your teeth.

Facts are facts, and the fact is flouride is only dangerous at very high doses, much higher that we are exposed to in one day.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The main reason I want to convince people that fluoride isn't harmful, and is beneficial, is because it makes the conspiracy theorists look really bad. Why? Because if you do an hour of research, you will find the real truth that everyone here wants to deny. I'm talking real research in a library, not typing in "the truth about fluoride" into google. That's not research, and it sure won't tell you anything true. I'm not denying Sodium fluoride isn't a poison. What started me on my research was the fact that the MSDS lists sodium fluoride as a poison. obsession over fluoride in the water discredits other real conspiracies. why do you think Alex Jones obsesses over fluoride?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Given the fact that just about every brand toothpaste brand sold in the USA already have flouride in it, adding flouride to water is getting to be an expensive overkill and the long-term health effects are still not fully understood. As such, I support reducing the level of flouride in water.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost374
reply to post by Serenity08

No, you are completely wrong. Iodine is poisonous, Iodide is essential and they haven't removed it from anything. They could've kept it hidden that Iodide was essential or you would become retarded, but no, they published the information and required salts to have a percentage of iodide.

To the person who can't find the benefits of fluoride, nor any experiments confirming them, you obviously didn't look that hard, or just typed into google "fluoride conspiracy". Like I said, at a library it takes less than an hour to find peer-reviewed studies that show that fluoride is beneficial for your teeth.

Facts are facts, and the fact is flouride is only dangerous at very high doses, much higher that we are exposed to in one day.

Please do a little more research. Here are some facts:

What is iodine deficiency?

Iodine deficiency is caused by a lack of iodine, a chemical element essential to the body's physical and mental development, in a person's diet. It is the single most common cause of preventable mental retardation and brain damage in the world.

Is iodine deficiency common in the United States?

Iodine deficiency is now rare in the U.S. as a result of widespread distribution of foods from iodine sufficient areas. The incidence of iodine deficiency occurs in certain geographical areas at higher altitudes with iodine depleted soil - usually in areas away from the seacoast and in countries where salt is not fortified with iodine.

What is the role of iodine in the body?

Iodine is an essential element for thyroid function, necessary for the normal growth, development and functioning of the brain and body. It also influences a variety of metabolic processes in the body (converting food to energy, regulating growth and fertility, and maintaining body temperature).

What are the effects of iodine deficiency?

When the body becomes iodine-deficient the consequences can affect a person both physically and mentally. After many months of iodine deficiency a person may develop a goiter (an unsightly swelling of the thyroid gland in front of the neck), hypothyroidism and reduced mental function. It also increases the risk of still birth and infant deaths.

How is iodine deficiency treated?

Once iodine deficiency is diagnosed, consult your doctor about treatment options. Commonly, iodine preparations are prescribed. In deciding to use iodine preparations, the risks of taking them must be weighed against the good it will do. This is a decision you and your doctor will need to make.

What foods contain iodine?

In the United States, iodine is added to table salt so it is the primary food source of iodine. Iodine is also widely available in the following foods:

* Seafood
* Cod
* Sea bass
* Haddock
* Perch
* Kelp
* Dairy products
* Plants grown in soil rich in iodine

What are the recommended daily allowances for iodine?

The following are the recommended daily allowances for iodine:

* Infants 40 - 50 micrograms
* Children
o one to three years 70 micrograms
o four to six years 90 micrograms
o seven to 10 years 120 micrograms
o 11+ years 150 micrograms
* pregnant women 175 micrograms
* lactating women 200 micrograms
* adult men & women 100 - 200 micrograms

Because iodine cannot be stored for long times in the body, tiny amounts must be consumed regularly, but food grown in iodine poor soil will not provide sufficient dietary iodine. Most people, however, are able to meet their iodine requirements by eating seafood, seaweed, iodized salts and plants grown in iodine-rich soil.University of Michigan

If you take too much it can kill you, but so can water. There is no health benefit to adding fluoride. Iodine is essential to living and necessary. You can also get iodide poisoning too.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost374

Did any of those pro-fluoride studies observe the effects to the pineal gland from fluoride consumption?

Even if fluoride was more beneficial to the body than detrimental, mass medication is immoral on so many levels.

After owning a water distiller for about a year now I'm getting much more vivid dreams.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by innervision0730
I never drink out of the tap it scares the crap out of me. I stick to bottle, now I just wish they would tell us what is in those as well : /

now if you really believe bottle water is going to do you any better you are totally wrong..

The best thing you can do is to get a natural drilled well..

I had one for about 8-9 years when living on the country side...

And that water is pure. and It doesn't at all taste like ordinary tapwater or bottle water for that matter...

I got no flouride or bull# in that water.
And felt good..

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

this guy...
this guy warned us about not only flouride but chemtrails and cell phones even more..

Watch this video..

He even mention this to be the reason why bees has been dying..

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TMJ1972
i'm surprised what a picture is being drawn about fluorids here

fluoride happen to be in our drinking water because they simply be in our environment.
The rain washes them out of our soil, for example.

So whats being stated is that the government now goes for higher standards in the quality of our drinking water.

so who's poisoning whom ?
You are poisoning yourself by always demanding the cheapest product in the supermarket.
Some dudes in the food industry put farmers under pressure, and they start using chemicals on their soil, for being a little more capable fullfilling everybodies need for cheap food.

I'm interested in what picture YOU have in your mind about fluoride, considering you think fluoride is naturally in our water, which is correct and incorrect at the same time

The natural fluoride is not the same as the fluoride the gov puts in our water or in our toothpaste, what they dump in our water is toxic waste from aluminum factories which saves said companies millions.

You're right about the food industry, but that is a different war, we all contribute to that and can eat differently if we want to, we can't choose to have non-fluoride water unless we buy it from a market dispenser.

Some research would help so many people here its scary.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
the latest move with that dec 17th 2010's fluoride lowered IQ study.

suspiciously "retracted/withdrawn" 4 days ago.

This is the note added on the study's page at Environmental Health Perspectives

"Retraction: This paper has been withdrawn
Posted by Admin on 10 Jan 2011 at 14:55 GMT

This paper has been withdrawn.
No competing interests declared.
View/respond to this"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join