It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP EXCLUSIVE: US Says Too Much Fluoride in Water

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Someone high in U.S. Department of Health and Human Services just said ENOUGH !!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is announcing a proposal to change the recommended fluoride level to 0.7 milligrams per liter of water.

Umm.. How about you change the recommended level to 0.00 and let us decide what we put in our bodies to prevent tooth decay.

And the Environmental Protection Agency will review whether the maximum cutoff of 4 milligrams per liter is too high.

WHAT! The recommended level was 1.2 mg per liter of water before they dropped it down to 0.7 mg. But the maximum cutoff is 4 mg which is four times the recommended level! Wtf? Do they crank it up to maximum to fluorinate the populations that they feel need it the most?

FEDS: "We recommend putting 1.2 mgs of fluoride in each liter of your citizen’s drinking water, but if you want to do use FOUR times that much to achieve the full 'Sheeple Effect' feel free to do so.
P.S. Don't drink the tap water. *wink*”

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
unless they founded a better alternative

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Water fluoridation is nothing more in my research and humble opinion, than mass public medication. I strongly believe it causes docility and subservience as 2 examples of the many I hold on this subject.

The government play the cards close to their chest.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
The topic of fluoridation, always makes me think of this. we, as homosappiens, our predicesors, neanderthals, an going down the human line of evolution..has an archiologist ever found evidence of them having 'motted mouth'? You never see or hear of that! it would seem, our ancestors were doing just fine without fluoride, well without the manmmade crap..sodium fluoride. they obviously had a much better natural diet, than the unhealthy sodium garbage we eat today, in this country. alomsot everything has sodium, and in many caned cases, excessive amounts! along with sugar.
to me, im finding a hard time understanding how the FDA or whoever it is that dumps fluoride in our water..where they got thier conclusion form 50 years ago to this very day* as compared to neanderthals eating* natural is the way to go*

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I don't need to research medical facts, studies or statistics in regards to this.

I simply ask this question:

Why would our government give a rat's ass about our TEETH of all things and so much so that they would mass-medicate it's people? Aren't there much more "pressing" health-issues besides cavities? Answer these questions and you'll see why it's a big sham and purely a system designed to allow the profitable "dumping" of waste-byproducts.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Yes, it is amazing that the Gerson diet of eating raw organic foods and juicing them cleanses and allows the body to heal itself. I have not been very good at juicing in the past, but I am planning a new diet for my family. We are just too accustomed to the typical American diet. Time to change.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Originally posted by Metallicafan
I stopped drinking tap water weeks ago. I still drink soda and juice but at least I'm not drinking tap water and a big dose of fluoride. There's some fluoride in beverages but not enough like tap water. I think I cut my fluoride intake at least 50%.

Umm...where do you think the water for your soda and juice is coming from? Rainwater?

No, you haven't cut your flouride intake at all. Not one bit.

Look. Maybe you didnt think about your post before you clicked the Reply button.

YES, he has actually reduced his Fl intake by reducing his consumption of tap water.

"Not one bit"? -- I won't even waste my time trying to correct your error.

Think, before you post, poster.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

Actaully there's not enough information to say either way. He could have increased, stayed about the same, or decreased. If he drank soda, juice, & tap water before and now drinks soda & juice, does he now drink bottled water without fluoride? Does he drink more soda and juice? Soda and juice contain a bit of fluoride. It could go any which way with the given information.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Thank God! Seriously! This is a great thing! Maybe our government is waking up! I mean I know they're still going to be putting flouride in the water, but hey .7 mg is alot better than 4mg right?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serenity08
Yes, it is amazing that the Gerson diet of eating raw organic foods and juicing them cleanses and allows the body to heal itself. I have not been very good at juicing in the past, but I am planning a new diet for my family. We are just too accustomed to the typical American diet. Time to change.

I would love to do that diet. Anything organic is great! I wish our country would stop buying so much processed food, then maybe more food companies would focus on producing REAL food.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I never drink out of the tap it scares the crap out of me. I stick to bottle, now I just wish they would tell us what is in those as well : /

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy
I am of the belief that the government and the people that pull the strings are a lot more unintelligent than conspiracies theorists think they are. I think that they are not super intelligent people thinking of hundreds of little ways to take over the world and turn people into dumb zombies....

I honestly think fluoride in water to help teeth was a sincere yet stupid not-thought-out idea. Like "the road to hell is paved with good intentions" type of idea. Maybe with a dash of greed, pushed along by a fluoride production company.

Yes, fluoride does in fact help teeth... there is not much conspiracy in that. Yes, there are some side effects with higher dosages... but to me it really doesn't appear like the side effects were intentionally planned.

To me it's more like one of those ideas from the past that you look back on in the future and think, "what was I thinking?"

Maybe some day it will all be completely removed from all water. I'm glad they are going to reduce the levels.
edit on 7-1-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

Who need intelligence when you have an agenda and the power to make it happen? If money is no object then what is stopping them from using scientists and computers to absolutely control our very future?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
It is a Felony in the Clean Water Act for a Public Water System worker to tell the public something went wrong and there are toxic levels of something in the water.

The Federal Government WILL NOT decrease dumping Alcoa's Hazardous Waste into Public Water Supplies. Too many people are making HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS poisoning the public.

Technical Grade Fluoride is a hazardous waste collected from Aluminum Manufacturing. It also contains other chemicals/minerals and IS NOT a pure Fluoride. It's whatever they collect from smelting Aluminum.

The FDA has NEVER approved Fluoride for human consumption. Why do you think your toothpaste with Fluoride has a notice to call POISON CONTROL if you swallow it?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by innervision0730
I never drink out of the tap it scares the crap out of me. I stick to bottle, now I just wish they would tell us what is in those as well : /

I hate to tell you this, but often times it's tap water in those bottles! Then you also have the issue of plastic bottles leeching their poison into the water you are drinking. It is far better to get a really great filter and use only that water. I also highly recommend total system cleansing at least once a year. If you've never done it, you will probably feel ill doing it. Listen to your body and slow down. Do 6 small cleanses and just work on getting the poison out of your body.

We are being poisoned in so many ways. The best thing we can do is form coops, garden together, and grow our own food, including beef, chicken, eggs, and fish. Time to change the standard order of things.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
miss placed this, sorry
edit on 7-1-2011 by Serenity08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I've read up on this Fluoride conspiracy and maybe it does have some adverse effects on dumbing you down, maybe it doesn't.... Different scientists say different things, so you basically have to pick a side.... BUT

Has anyone lived outside the country for a long period of time and had to live on the water in that country? America has a great well system and most of the water here is drinkable unlike most places on earth. Hell, in Russia (Moscow) people don't brush their teeth with any water because it's so nasty and it will make you sick and most of the time won't come out clear from the faucet.

In most other countries, you wouldn't believe the dental problems the people have. Many people have yellow teeth, many cavities, and other problems.

So I do believe the true reason is not so sinister as of why we have fluoride in our water.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sliceNodice
I've been drinking only distilled water for a few months... I don't think I've ever felt so good. My head has been much less foggy and I just feel cozy in my own skin. Could be my imagination, I'm not sure.

Also, know there are some supposed risks to this. As when you drink distilled water, you are also cutting out all minerals in the water. I figure eating a balanced diet will help curb the loss though, as it said (this is not fact), that you only get 10% of your daily minerals from water. The rest is from food of course. I figure the minimal risk is well worth it, as there is a much bigger risk to my health from consuming fluoride.

Distilling water will not remove fluoride. There are only two methods to remove fluoride from water and that is not one of them...

The minerals you're missing out on? Don't worry about it. Water should be H20 and nothing else.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I live in an European country were we've no additional added fluoride in the water system, although we have quite high level as it is from natural fluoride from the ground water table.

But here's the problem as I see it!

Once, more than twenty years ago, a good friend to our family (who were well versed in science in general) explained that there was a big difference between natural fluoride and the waste-crap from the aluminium industry which they added into the water in many countries under the pretext:

It's FLUORIDE and it's good for your teeth, that's all you need to know - so shut up about it!

Well, I haven't really found any scientific papers to read if this is actually correct, so I would love if anyone could point me in the right direction to where we can read about this - if this is true, that is?

Can someone here please prove to me that added waste-crap from the aluminium industry has the same beneficiaries to people's teeth as natural fluoride?

edit on 7-1-2011 by Chevalerous because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by RustyShakleford92
I've read up on this Fluoride conspiracy and maybe it does have some adverse effects on dumbing you down, maybe it doesn't.... Different scientists say different things, so you basically have to pick a side.... BUT

Has anyone lived outside the country for a long period of time and had to live on the water in that country? America has a great well system and most of the water here is drinkable unlike most places on earth. Hell, in Russia (Moscow) people don't brush their teeth with any water because it's so nasty and it will make you sick and most of the time won't come out clear from the faucet.

In most other countries, you wouldn't believe the dental problems the people have. Many people have yellow teeth, many cavities, and other problems.

So I do believe the true reason is not so sinister as of why we have fluoride in our water.

So you've looked at the research and then disregard it all saying it's a wash/tie. Then the argument you present is that other countries water is not as clean as the USAs, therefor fluoride is good? Other countries having polluted water is a cause for their dental problems. Americans have less dental problems because we have cleaner water. Fluoride causes dental fluorosis which is a dental problem. Americans would have less dental fluorosis if we didnt have fluoride in our water, other countries would have more dental fluorosis if it was added to their water. Your argument doesn't make any sense.

Please watch the video on www.fluoridealert.org... if you want to get an educated opinion.
edit on 7-1-2011 by KnowledgeIsPowre because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join