It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP EXCLUSIVE: US Says Too Much Fluoride in Water

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Government manipulating the people, you decide~ AP EXCLUSIVE: US Says Too Much Fluoride in Water

abcnews.go.com

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is announcing a proposal to change the recommended fluoride level to 0.7 milligrams per liter of water. And the Environmental Protection Agency will review whether the maximum cutoff of 4 milligrams per liter is too high.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on Fri Jan 7 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: removed from title: Government manipulating the people, you decide~ only article titile allowed for BAN stories

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
No it is not because they have achieved critical mass for their global "dumbing" down, from over fluoridation... or have they?

Perhaps it is less sinister than that, and they actually do care about the peoples teeth. Especially future generations who are going to need their teeth more then we will.

Either way you look at it, the story with fluoride is spotty at best.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
A drug is anything that is used for medicinal purposes. fluoride is a drug, as it is used for the medical purpose of preventing cavities. The government is drugging the population without an individual prescription per person. That is medically negligent. Furthermore fluoride is a topical drug, to be applied to the teeth, not to be ingested. The CDC believes in the bizarre method of having babies ingest fluoridated water, despite the established practice of not giving babies tap water at all, just breast milk or formula. The CDC claims fluoride helps babies teeth before they are formed. How so? You ask. Through the saliva, once again proving fluoride is topical and not to be ingested.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
The gov always does this. First they push a thing on you "for your own good" then years later they say "sorry we've been poisoning you but we've decided to poison you just a little less."

The problem with this is that they dont have a private company to blame for it. The CDC and FDA pushed trans-fats as a healthy alternative years ago and when it blew up they blamed everybody but themselves. Here, McDonalds doesnt serve fluoride so they are forced to accept some fault though not enough to stop what theyre doing.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
So our beloved government has now reversed a 50 year standard in flouride added to the water supply.

Now it has been determined that the so called "safe" level of toxic flouride was wrong, and it has left children with spots on their teeth?! Which is not even actually new news....how long they drug their feet on reversing the safe limit!

What else might flouride be doing to the children?

it's not that municipalities are actually dripping genuine fluoride into the water supplies in the first place -- they're largely using fluorosilicic acid, which, as I've covered before, is actually a toxic waste product produced in the smokestacks of various industrial chemical producers. If they weren't selling this substance to cities, they would have to pay a lot of money to have it handled as an environmental hazard and buried in EPA-approved landfills.

www.naturalnews.com...

Google Video Link

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I am of the belief that the government and the people that pull the strings are a lot more unintelligent than conspiracies theorists think they are. I think that they are not super intelligent people thinking of hundreds of little ways to take over the world and turn people into dumb zombies....

I honestly think fluoride in water to help teeth was a sincere yet stupid not-thought-out idea. Like "the road to hell is paved with good intentions" type of idea. Maybe with a dash of greed, pushed along by a fluoride production company.

Yes, fluoride does in fact help teeth... there is not much conspiracy in that. Yes, there are some side effects with higher dosages... but to me it really doesn't appear like the side effects were intentionally planned.

To me it's more like one of those ideas from the past that you look back on in the future and think, "what was I thinking?"

Maybe some day it will all be completely removed from all water. I'm glad they are going to reduce the levels.
edit on 7-1-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

Conspiracy or not stupidity acting with such authority and power is no less dangerous than malice acting with such authority and power.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I stopped drinking tap water weeks ago. I still drink soda and juice but at least I'm not drinking tap water and a big dose of fluoride. There's some fluoride in beverages but not enough like tap water. I think I cut my fluoride intake at least 50%.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
This just blows my mind, from the OP's article:

Regarding fluorosis in kids:

Health officials have hesitated to call it a problem, however. In most kids, it's barely noticeable; even dentists have trouble seeing it, and sometimes don't bother to tell their unknowing patients.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I'm not so sure about that...

I think a man who is malice with power can do more damage more frequently and precisely than a stupid man with power and good intentions.

It sure is a dynamic comparison. Maybe even worth of it's own discussion thread.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Metallicafan
I stopped drinking tap water weeks ago. I still drink soda and juice but at least I'm not drinking tap water and a big dose of fluoride. There's some fluoride in beverages but not enough like tap water. I think I cut my fluoride intake at least 50%.

Umm...where do you think the water for your soda and juice is coming from? Rainwater?

No, you haven't cut your flouride intake at all. Not one bit.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

I'll give you that.

A stupid man with a car is one danger but a man with intent driving up on a sidewalk is another danger. The latter obviously more precise and pointed and would likely result in more damage.

But when the government is dumping chemicals in the water why argue degrees of damage as though a lesser degree fueled by stupidity is somehow more acceptable than a greater degree fueled by malicious intent? Damage is still happening.

As the drinker of water or the person on the sidewalk I would much rather nobody be dumping drugs into my water regardless of the intent behind it.

Im not going to be happy or understanding if I was poisoned out of love rather than hate.

Reminds me of the current drunk driving ad campaign going around. Doctors telling a guy that his girlfriend has died as a result of her injuries sustained in a car accident. The guy exclaims "but I was only buzzed!" through his sobbing. The doctors come back with "oh, in that case your girlfriend is just fine and the two of you can go home now."

My water (life) is being messed with. I dont care who or why or if they love me or hate me. I just want them to stop messing with my water (life).

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Well it's about time.... now all us crazy conspiracy theorists have at least been vindicated in so much that we will not have to deal with as much flouride in our water...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I've been drinking only distilled water for a few months... I don't think I've ever felt so good. My head has been much less foggy and I just feel cozy in my own skin. Could be my imagination, I'm not sure.

Also, know there are some supposed risks to this. As when you drink distilled water, you are also cutting out all minerals in the water. I figure eating a balanced diet will help curb the loss though, as it said (this is not fact), that you only get 10% of your daily minerals from water. The rest is from food of course. I figure the minimal risk is well worth it, as there is a much bigger risk to my health from consuming fluoride.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I think it's clear the government has no malicious intentions here. Physical manifestations have prompted the gov to lower exposure limits. Surely, if there were more evidence that Fluoridated water is much more dangerous than they had anticipated, they would take proper action to remove or reduce fluoridation.

So, I don't think it's a nefarious act on behalf of the government. Not many people realize how muddy the water is in different areas of medical research. Currently, for multiple reasons, research quality standards have reduced. It's now become a field of quantity, not quality. And because of the numerous studies being conducted, and their lack of quality (poor study methods, short term studies, industry bias, etc.), analyzing data and forming factual conclusions becomes a daunting and confusing task.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy
I am of the belief that the government and the people that pull the strings are a lot more unintelligent than conspiracies theorists think they are. I think that they are not super intelligent people thinking of hundreds of little ways to take over the world and turn people into dumb zombies....

I honestly think fluoride in water to help teeth was a sincere yet stupid not-thought-out idea. Like "the road to hell is paved with good intentions" type of idea. Maybe with a dash of greed, pushed along by a fluoride production company.

Yes, fluoride does in fact help teeth... there is not much conspiracy in that. Yes, there are some side effects with higher dosages... but to me it really doesn't appear like the side effects were intentionally planned.

To me it's more like one of those ideas from the past that you look back on in the future and think, "what was I thinking?"

Maybe some day it will all be completely removed from all water. I'm glad they are going to reduce the levels.
edit on 7-1-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

I definitely think it is a sinister plan to attack the population. These are the same people who denied putting mercury into vaccines for years, then when it was impossible to deny they said, "oh but it's only a little mercury, and it isn't enough to hurt you". Of course there is no value to the mercury being in the vaccines, and again it's lethal. Then, when enough people got educated and realized mercury does not leave the body but accumulates and every shot you get just adds to it, wow, we have kids with attention problems, thinking problems, and are labeled "problems" in school we get a high drop out rate and more crime.

Then add to the fact that fluoride is an enhancer to heavy metals in the body so it increases the affects of lead, mercury, aluminum (via deodorants) and these are our FDA, CDC, and HHS people who are stupid? Oh come now, these are the best and brightest of the PhD scientists doing all this research. They know exactly what these things do to the body. They know exactly what their end goal is, and it's the lazy American's who would rather go to the coliseum and be entertained and trust their elected leaders.

Now we have an epidemic of EMF smog that our children are surrounded by it daily in schools and at home via wi-fi. The cell phones cook the brain, and what's in the center of the brain? The Pineal gland which will calcify quickly under this assault and create many more problems. It is my belief based on research that the pineal if assaulted by fluoridated water, mercury, and EMF will stop us from being able to still that babbler in our heads and meditate. To stop us from connecting to a higher reality or spiritual place. To disconnect us from our true selves and higher being and God. There is just too much to go into with this, and I know I am in a rant, but this is not some bumbling stupid well intentioned bureaucrats making inane decisions.

Do some research on the effects of fluoride and the pineal gland. See how important the spiritual community throughout the ages has viewed the pineal gland. It's symbolized as a pine cone. Fluoride is one of the worst things to ingest. It's rat poison, and Hitler used it to pacify the prisoners in the camps.

The ptb know there is an energy wave coming and spiritual evolution is at stake. They do NOT want any of us "useless" eaters evolving and being a threat to them. It is my greatest desire that people wake up, and raise their vibrational energy and learn to walk in oneness and love which will bring about respect for all living things and peace.

I do not think one has to do Indian meditation, but one does need to learn to center and connect within themselves. We are too busy, too confused, too worried, and fearful. We have lost that desire for sacred space and time that was once so natural to us. Shut off, go outside away from all distractions and wi-fi stuff. I love you all, and hope this is received as it was meant from me.

I hope these vids are helpful as to what's happened to us.

In a nutshell:

edit on 7-1-2011 by Serenity08 because: html error

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Metallicafan

Not only have you NOT decreased your consumption of fluoride, you now have increased your consumption of chemicals (and sugar) to which do nothing but harm to the body. Its like going from a diet of eating handfuls of dirt everyday, to a diet of eating handfuls of mud everyday thinking that your consumption of dirt is much less now.

edit on 7-1-2011 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

That mud is all the more reason to not use force of law or government mandates to institute sweeping measures like this.

How many people has the government killed or sickened doing what it thought was 'right'? Not just with the fluoride but with all of it's regulations and suggestions. How much blood is on the FDA's and CDC's hands? Is it more or less than should the gov have never butted in at all? Simply by virtue of being government it deserves a "best of intentions" pass?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd
I think it's clear the government has no malicious intentions here. Physical manifestations have prompted the gov to lower exposure limits. Surely, if there were more evidence that Fluoridated water is much more dangerous than they had anticipated, they would take proper action to remove or reduce fluoridation.

So, I don't think it's a nefarious act on behalf of the government. Not many people realize how muddy the water is in different areas of medical research. Currently, for multiple reasons, research quality standards have reduced. It's now become a field of quantity, not quality. And because of the numerous studies being conducted, and their lack of quality (poor study methods, short term studies, industry bias, etc.), analyzing data and forming factual conclusions becomes a daunting and confusing task.

When the government commissions studies then buries the information that is damaging to their point of view, how is that not intentional malice? There is no benefit to using fluoride. It's a huge lie that it helps teeth. Most European children do not have fluoride in their water and their teeth are just as good as American children's. Mullinex's study proved fluoride causes ADHD symptoms. She was fired and hasn't gotten a research grant since she came out with her findings. Don't use fluoride at all.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Only proof that the persons responsible for measuring(using that term very lightly as it is absurd to think there is any semblance of regulation of dosage) have absolutely no idea what they are doing (if we are to stretch our minds enough to believe that 'flouride' is even beneficial) and should be held accountable for sickness, disability, deformity and murder in a court of law.
edit on 2011/1/7 by sbctinfantry because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join