It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missile Launch in Texas just misses Passenger Airline

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Seems this happened on Friday around 8pm. As this was posted up yesterday, I am guessing it was 12-31-10. That is for the first part of the video. I know it was mentioned somewhere in my travels that folks thought they saw a missile over Texas around then.

The second part of the video is interesting as well as a passenger on a flight caught a missile outside his window. Kind of scary to see these passing so close to a passenger airline. Kind of makes you wonder how much you miss while your flying if you dont have a window seat or are sleeping or whatever.

Anyhow, I am posting this because it seems the sheriffs office was contacted and told it was a missile launch, so it seems to verify the Texas sightings.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
flight 808 strikes again.

guess the entire state of Texas can't tell if something is going up, or across the sky.............or can they?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I bet all those debunkers screaming contrail last week feel pretty dumb. Prob not they will never change there mind. It could be a red laser beam and they would say contrail.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Here's a thread I started a few days ago, the story was on my local news about a "mystery missile" seen over padre island - www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Let me get this straight, a pilot reports that a missile has nearly hit his plane .Why is this not world wide news?
This must be every pilots nightmare , a terrorist firing an RPG from the back of a pick up truck before roaring off.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
What in sams hell are they testing cruise missiles over texas for? I am 99% in agreement that, that was a missile.

It looked like it was guided... Is there any way to clean up that video? Does anyone on ATS know how to clean it up?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
At 2 miles altitude it would have to have been a very powerful missile to reach that height.
It certainly was no model rocket.
To have been built by a rocket hobbyist it would have been very expensive and difficult to acquire the necessary propellants.
Solution - military or weather launch.
They screwed up and don't want to admit it.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Nawh no big deal. It's more important to search old ladies and children than to look into a missel launch. After all it's not about safety it's about what line to stand in.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
This actually happened in June 2009.I Live in Houston and remember seeing it on the news. I like the second part of your vid, where the "experts" all agree that it was a commercial airliner, but if you read the original report from the pilots in the plane, they seem to agree that it was NOT.

In interviews following the event by FAA officials, the captain and first officer described the object as being approximately five to seven feet in length, solid white in color, with "delta fins" on the tail.

myfoxhouston

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

I understand the point your trying to make .... But the above video is not an RPG [Rocket Propelled Grenade] taking out a Helo ... An RPG doesn't have the range or accuracy to make that shot.

What your seeing is a Hand Held Surface to Air missile.... USA version is called Stinger ....But this clowns, is probably using the Russian Version ....IGLA 9K38 MANPADS (Man-Portable Air Defense System) ..... both are lock on style targeting systems....

either way ...yes this is a Commercial Pilot & passenger jet nightmare....

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Nevermind
edit on 7-1-2011 by wasco2 because: too much google

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I apologize for getting the dates wrong, but either way you look at it, it is still wrong. I would have hated being one of the passengers getting off that flight and hearing about it after the fact. "Oh yes ladies and gentlemen, we would also like to inform you that it was your lucky day. You just survived being missed by a missile launch.Thank you for flying with us."

A miss by about a hundred feet? What if it hadn't of missed? Then what would we have heard? Im also real curious to who was on that plane, but I guess we will never know now really without some real digging.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

This video is not relevant to the Texas situation. It depicts a shoulder-fired rocket, and not a RPG as the top cation claims. It probably is one of our Stingers we gave the resistance to use against the Russians. (That is a Russian Hind 'copter that was struck.) I couldn't find the range of a Stinger, but it is not likely that it could get to 12k feet where the plane was reportedly flying. Plus, the video from the airplane clearly showing a quite long-bodied missile such as a cruise missile They have a long range, thus, the name. From the video, we clearly see that the object has a dark exhaust, typical of some missile rocket motors. That is NOT a jet exhaust contrail of water vapor especially at 12k feet!.

Finally, that exhause is quite evident given the relative size of the object itselt. The video clearly shows that the missile is moving parallel to the plane and moving at a considerable faster rate than would the commercial jet the Southwest pilots claim. (A check of commercial flights in the area would dispel that explanation.)

Given the location of the event, I find it unusual and unlikely that an operational defense aircraft in south Texas would be armed with a cruise missile, air-to-air rockets, yes, but cruise missiles are not anti-aircraft missiles. They are for ships or ground-based targets, GPS directed. So if that is what it was, it was not fired at the plane. South Texas is not a training area for live firing of any weapons. Even another training mishap seems too incredible to accept. For the "fire" button to be activated for a cruise missile requires at least two primary steps to be taken. It is a simple, "Ooops!" The video shows a long body which is consistant with a cruise missile. That is not a missile type that a terrorist would smuggle into Texas.

So what we wind up with is that the evidence clearly shows lies, lies, lies. Very similar to the mystery rocket launch off the coast of California a few weeks back. What the Hell is going on?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
As already stated, the first part of that video occurred in 2009 and the missile recording occurred apparently in 2007.

Maybe now our government will start saying, "That wasn't a missile.... it was a UFO."

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Anyone else notice the second part labeled 2007? Guess it doesn't much matter though as at any date that is way to close if true.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Movescamp

I bet someone else is feeling pretty dumb right now too huh?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Folks, this is clearly just a weather balloon. You conspiracy theorists always like to jump to conclusions. Its a WEATHER BALLOON!!!!!

....Hehehe just kidding. I figured I would throw in the usual textbook debunk type of nonsense. Whatever it is, the objects rate of speed per its size fits the characteristics of a missile and not a commercial airliner in my non-expert opinion..

edit on 7-1-2011 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Khaaaaaan!!

Thats funny. Ya get a star. However I am still thinking it is still Balloons or Chinese Lanterns...maybe CGI

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

There are two completely different incidents, one being in Texas in 2009, which you linked that story to and the second in 2007, the analysis at the end of the video was discussing the 2007 video footage.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Look, this event occurred back in 2009. I do not see why this was posted as a current event.

www.myfoxhouston.com...

The video the OP posted was uploaded recently, yes, but the information is old news and nothing new was offered. I only ask everyone to please check the validity of all parts before posting hastily.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join