It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun Is Dying! Video proof!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

We know NOTHING about the Sun.

You are simply stating what you know about the sun - nothing. Astronomers and astrophysicists know a lot about the sun. They want to know more.

... we have absolutely NO IDEA where the anti-matter will pop out from.

Anti-matter is routinely produced in hospitals all over the world. How it is produced is known.

NOBODY KNOWS.

Just because you don't understand something does not mean no one has an understanding of the process. This claim that no one knows is an often repeated mantra from those that do not want to learn. I would hope that does not include you.

People stating the sun will last another Billion years, are charlatans as we have absolutely NO knowledge on how Stars operate. Just a bunch of infant theories that day by day are proving to be false.

This is just another falsehood based on a general lack of understanding of the sciences. You might try learning why we know a lot about the life sequences of stars instead of making claims that are foolish.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Redevilfan09

They are making that claim based on a scientific theory. Theories are based on facts. So you are wrong to state that the life time is not based on facts. If you think that a theory means a guess, then you might want to learn the difference between the use of the term in science and in the vernacular.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Not always, in this case it is more speculation than a fact. The Sun could start expanding tommorow and that theory is a pile of rubbish.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by realanswers
We are at the end of the Milky Way galaxy. It's time for our Sun to die. The Sun is no way middle aged. It's very old. All the planets are losing their magnetic strength. It all makes sense, but a lot of people are not mentally strong enough to except the truth. They rather foolishly trust what the government says and what the space agencies funded by the government say.

I have been saying for years (check my posts here on ATS) that the Earth, sun and in fact the whole universe is is far older that we have been told. I think we have the ages all wrong. It is said that Earth is 4.5 billion years old but I think it is at least twice that. The sun is said to be 4.57 billion years old so it too may be pushing the 9 billion year mark and it is said to have a life span of about 10 billion years. I feel the whole universe which is said to be from 13.5 to 15 billion year older but it is more on the order of 100's of trillions of years old if not older. I have alway felt the ages of the sun, planets and the universe just did not add up right for me. I never though that I would be around when the end of the world came but with everything going on now days it looks like I might just be.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The only thing dying here is intelligence. I fear a mass extinction - soon.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redevilfan09
reply to post by stereologist

Not always, in this case it is more speculation than a fact. The Sun could start expanding tommorow and that theory is a pile of rubbish.

Maybe you'd care to elaborate on what aspects of heliospheric science are "more speculation than a fact." The Sun's life cycle and its present stage therein are calculated based on its current mass of 1,046.8 Jupiter-masses and the rate it at which nuclear fusion converts matter into energy. It cannot "start expanding tomorrow," because there is too much hydrogen to fuse.
edit on 9-1-2011 by UndeadDinosaur because: punctuation

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

We are at the end of the Milky Way galaxy. It's time for our Sun to die. The Sun is no way middle aged. It's very old. All the planets are losing their magnetic strength. It all makes sense, but a lot of people are not mentally strong enough to except the truth. They rather foolishly trust what the government says and what the space agencies funded by the government say.

Okay, but if the sun is dying, what do we do about it? Why spread fear? If we are all going to die, we are all going to die.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Redevilfan09

I guess you have no idea how astronomers understand the life cycle of stars. No. The sun cannot start expanding tomorrow. There is clear evidence that the sun is a particular type of star, with a particular life time, and the sun is nowhere near the end of that lifetime. And none of that is speculation.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

Your age claims for the solar system and the universe are not supported by the evidence. You might want to learn about dating methods and see how astronomers and geologists, those who actually have a deep understanding of the subject, have come to the dates for the the ages of the solar system and universe.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

Your age claims for the solar system and the universe are not supported by the evidence. You might want to learn about dating methods and see how astronomers and geologists, those who actually have a deep understanding of the subject, have come to the dates for the the ages of the solar system and universe.

I never said it was there was any evidence to support anything I said. I said I have alway felt that we had all the ages wrong. That the universe is far older that is currently believed is just a feeling that I have. Nothing to back it up. But here is something to think about. We can only "see" back 13.5 billion years but just what if there is a lot more out there we can not see? Just because we can not see it does not mean it is not there. Maybe I am right and maybe I am wrong really does not matter. Maybe in a few hundred years I will be proven right but none of us will be around to see it happen. All of this is based only on a feeling that I have had all my life, nothing more.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lebowski achiever

Okay, but if the sun is dying, what do we do about it? Why spread fear? If we are all going to die, we are all going to die.

I second that.
The sun could go supernova in the next 5 minutes or the next 500 million years it really does not matter. There is nothing we can do about it so why worry about it.
edit on 1/9/2011 by fixer1967 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

The Sun's major eruption last month shows a very large area turning black and then taking a while to fill that space back up with gases!!!

science.nasa.gov...

If this is true, then the Sun's 11 year pole shift due for 2012 could have extremely unpredictable results.

edit on 7-1-2011 by realanswers because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/7/2011 by Mirthful Me because: All Caps Title

You will be dead long before the sun. Mark my words. MARK MY WORDS!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by realanswers

Not a scientist but I think the dark part on the sun is a filament and not that uncommon. The sun is not dying but the activity has been increasing. Vist the Solar Acitivity 2010 thread, lots of great info there.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
How is a huge ass shining fireball many times the size of the earth expected to die anytime during our lifetime?
edit on 9-1-2011 by PoorFool because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

I never said it was there was any evidence to support anything I said.

That's true. But it also true that there is a substantial amount of evidence against your hunch.

There are good reasons that the universe age is set to a little over 13 billion years. You might want to find out why you can't look beyond a certain age. Find out what is seen at that time period.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

The sun could go supernova in the next 5 minutes or the next 500 million years it really does not matter. There is nothing we can do about it so why worry about it.

Learn more about the star we call our sun. It can't go supernova.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join