It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sudden Oak Death disease sees trees felled across West

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I am not clairvoyant but this surely does look like the unravelling of the whole ecosystem. The extinction of species phenomenon is accelerating at an alarming rate.

All we need now is an asteroid or super volcanoe event and we're done for. Back to the beginning.

Starting over from scratch. Ma nature seems to like doing that from time to time.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
kill it before it spreads
but its not contagous
KILL IT ANYWHAY

xp

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The Larch.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Was just thinking about this...I saw it not too long ago...made me wonder. Not sure about the "science" on this but it is something to study further for sure.

Thanks for saving me the time to post it

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
from the 11th of june 2010

Sudden oak death spreads across channel to south Wales

A deadly tree and plant disease first found in the UK in 2002 has spread to Wales, the Forestry Commission says.

CX

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by BarmyBilly
I think this is BS because the government planned to sell the forests off to company's to make way for holiday parks etc.
UK gov plan to sell off forests

This is exactly what came into my mind when i read this thread.

As has been said many times on ATS...."Cui Bono"...roughly translated to "Who benefits?"

I will be watching closely to see what the land gets used for, who buys it and who makes money from it.

I'm also interested whether this airborne disease can be spread manualy too, and what effects it has on other wildlife....such as birds?

CX.

edit on 16/1/11 by CX because: My spelling was that of a clumsy child.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
How are they figuring this is comming from the US?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Because it was first seen in Oak populations in America. Fairly basic.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWill

So whats the idea about how it got there? Oak products? Maybe some Druids took some of it over there without knowing. Maybe a convention or something.

edit on 16-1-2011 by Logarock because: sp

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
This really brings a new meaning to Save the Trees! Damn really crappy stuff though. Hope there is a cure that can be found or at least hope that this can be stopped. I needs mah oxygen!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
While everybody was paying attention to the future (global warming and other things)....you didn't see what was right in front of your face.

We live in a world filled with "scientists"....they can come up with all sorts of things. Run particle accelerators, create medicines that kill human beings and animals and still get in a golf game on sunday with the CEO of Monsanto discussing how they will take over and run the world's food source.

There is NO excuse why a cure could not be found for this disease that is devastating the Larch. Actually the only difference between an excuse and reason is intent....TPTB have shown us in more ways than one that they have NO intent in nurturing Mother Nature....but they have every intent in attempting to control nature AFTER these viruses, which they have more than likely created in some test tube in a lab, finish off species after species of plant and animal.

You can't put a copyright or trademark or owner ship on nature...but you sure as heck can make money off of something you have created.

My heart is sad that all has gone this far, an Oak Tree is a very sacred and meaningful symbol of strength and freedom...and still we see very little action from the Human Beings who will be next...

~as above, so below~
edit on 16-1-2011 by Holly N.R.A. because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
years ago we had total devastation caused by Dutch Elm disease, this is nothing new just another disease affecting a different kind of tree, it happens all the time.
Get out there and plant new trees of all varieties, regeneration and replanting is what is needed. This is nothing new to the UK

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Here in-wisconsin. most trees are stressed out to the max-massive die-offs of the spruce trees this last 2 years-before that the maples have been getting attacked from gypsy moths. also the bronze bark beetle has attacted the birch and balsm trees. Its sad when you drive around this rural countryside and see so manny dead trees, Almost 1 in every 8 deed and all of the rest sickly with many dead branches. now you can see the sky through every tree, when befor that would be impossable because they were so thick and healthy--the white pine is the only one that is somewhat holding their own. sad when you have photo albums that go back 39 years and you see the difference from our outdoor pictures taken in last 10 years. No dought the world is dying. slowly but surely.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by squizzy
years ago we had total devastation caused by Dutch Elm disease,

I read an artical years ago about a guy that developed a cure for DED and was using it, selling it but got a 5 year sentence becouse it hadnt been approved. The story is really old and I cant find anything on it.

We had the same problem in the US with DED. Many many trees died over the years. Here is a story about on that made it.

Giant surviving elm tree gets special treatment

We also had the American Chestnut wiped out. Once a majior tree on the landscape over here. I saw the other day a man selling some chestnut boards he found as part of an old barn he was tearing down. High dollar.

American Chestnut

Now American Ash trees are beening wiped out by the Emerald Ash Borer. The ash tree is so common that it is probably accounts for 40% of all american hardwoods east of the Mississippi.

The damage of this insect rivals that of Chestnut blight and Dutch Elm Disease. To put its damage in perspective the number of chestnuts killed by the Chestnut Blight was around 3.5 billion chestnut trees while there are 3.5 billion ash trees in Ohio alone. Dutch Elm Disease killed only a mere 200 million elm trees while EAB threatens 7.5 billion ash trees in the United States.

Emerald Ash Borer

edit on 17-1-2011 by Logarock because: ex

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Is UK Intel behind any of this.
Any announcement has the truth substituted by gloss over objective reporting.
There is a checking department for popular consumption.
Like we have these aircraft landing in wooded areas that just destroy the aquifer.
UK Intel will say that.
Never in a million years.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1   >>

join