It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Head to the hills.......... what?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
For the first month after the collapse will be the hardest imaginable. This is because everyone will be awake finally. All the people that take drugs to survive will no longer have those drugs. These people and their closest family members will be out for one thing and one thing only........finding supplies to help their loved ones or themselves. They will do ANYTHING to get them, including killing you if you have them. Also they will riot uncontrollably against TPTB because of this situation. Unfortunately, these will be the first to die! Goodbye! I don't mean this to be a good thing or bad thing. I feel for them. But after they are all dead, we will move on. Out of the 7-8 billion people in the world I could see 5-6 billion disappearing in the first 2 years. 2 winters will kill a lot of them off. If you have aids.....goodbye! If you have severe diabetes......goodbye! If you take drugs to survive.....goodbye! If you don't know how to grow food hunt/fish/fend for yourself/protect yourself and family, or join a group of survivalist........then Goodbye!

I think I may make a trip to George w bushes ranch of 10000 acres in south america and stake a claim.....lmao.....before he gets there! I hear it has wildlife and the richest deposit of fresh water in the world. Anyone wanna join me? LOL p.s. I know how to farm/hunt/fish/protect/invent/mechanic/construction. I'm just not cooking or cleaning......thats womans work! lmao (just jokes)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
this thread has been an eye-opener. in the rural area where i live, people help each other, doubly so in time of need and suffering. it never occurred to me that Americans, real people, the taxpayers, would deny kindness and aid to their fellow man.
Guess i've seen too many TV shows where people outside the city limits were good friendly folk. Still, best of luck to the hearty farmer survivalists in their quest to shed blood for corn. but if one really has that mindset, it may be wise to learn and apply multiple levels of military quality observation & warning devices, invasion obstacles, man traps, incendiary devices and levels of defense. to not have a full preventive offensive and defensive plan in place for a property where one intends to stay put and proceed with farm chores on a daily basis may be a short-lived dream.
i have this opinion because that hearty farmer survivalist work can be quite demanding. it is hard to get a days work done when you are holding a firearm and glancing about in fear all the time. i would hate the wondering, just wondering when a organized horde was going to spring up from multiple directions and launch an all-out takeover attack. having a trained shooter take you out from a distance is another pesky potential problem.
Remember that truck driver who got the snot kicked out of him during some riot in CA years ago? Rodney ---- (?) I think he should should have gotten a Nobel Peace Prize for his "Why can't we all just get along?"

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ProvehitoInAltum

Don't give up hope. Remember that the worst hasn't happened yet, and if you know there's not much you can do to prevent it, then try optimism in the meantime. Be as prepared as you think you need to be, but don't go around assuming something horrible is going to happen. That's no way to live life. Just remember that if something bad does happen, that there are good people out there who will be willing to help you. Good people help each other out. That's not to say that everyone's a good person, but they are definitely out there. I've met a lot of them.

Never lose faith in humanity, because in the end it will be our humanity that saves many of us.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare
Good luck with that starvation thing when you ruin the land for crops and you've killed all the people who could have taught you because "they tried to tell me what to do".

Were you not saying how you would defend your land from people squatting in it?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
You know who will survive all of this? The Hutterites and the Mennonites! My mom and dad have been saying this for 30 years! They live off the land, have communities all set up, and THRIVE in good and bad times! They make their own cloths, grow their own food, and pay strangers to breed their women! LMAO! Maybe they had it right all this time?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Hey Clutch...Don't say stuff unless you can back it up.

www.trufax.org...

Oh... I stand corrected.. I'll cook. Won't be your Biatch though.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by niceguybob

HAHAHAHa! Not just 10,000 acres but 100,000 acres! Woot Woot! should be easy enough to find then! So who is with me? Since I had the idea of taking this 100,000 acres over, I get to name it CLUTCHLAND! and I also get to be the President! That means I delegate work, and then tax you for said work! Meanwhile you can bring me ideas and suggestions on improvements to my new pool house your going to build for me!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by theclutch

I'm not afraid. I've had to face my own mortality while contemplating future global disaster scenarios. I will undoubtedly have to face it again (and for REAL) should one of these scenarios play out, but that doesn't mean I'm going to kill people for medication. Some of us are more civilized than that.

Since I'm not sure how much you know about Diabetes, I suppose I should be clear. I have Type I. That means I got it as a kid, and it wasn't because I was fat. Without a cure, I will have it for life. If everything goes down, I know my days are numbered. Medical supplies will be on the top of my list, but I'm not going to kill people to get it. Killing someone isn't worth it if I know I'm going to die soon anyway.

When my time comes, I'll be ready, but I resent your tone. We will all die some day, but it's not a competition to see who can live the longest.

link   

Originally posted by NeverApologize
reply to post by Visitor2012

You lost me at the Karma BS. I am a Christian. I would NEVER shoot a child. Women? You bet you arse I would!

My training has taught me how to take on a situation like this. Training @ MACDILL AIR FORCE BASE, Fla. has taught me to survive.

Be an example to your men, in your duty and in private life. Never spare yourself, and let the troops see that you don'tin your endurance of fatigue and privation. always be tactful and well-mannered and teach your subordinates to do the same. Avoid excessive sharpness or harshness of voice, which usually indicates the man who has shortcomings of his own to hide.

- Field Marshall Erwin Rommel

Thank you for sharing that Rommel quote. That man must of had a magnificient mind.

link   
When s**t hits the fan, don't stay in groups over 20-60 that will get you killed.

Learn to be self dependent but also help those that need it, even if the world was going to end, don't let it end kindness as well, humanity and working together (even when apart) can work out great if coordinated correctly.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Kayzar

Apparently no one read where I said:

except in the wilds you'll be faced with folk who know how to live there, know the area well, and will in most cases use deadly force to protect it.

You aren't the first one who assumed I said I'd shoot trespassers. I never said I'd shoot first and ask questions later. I was trying to give a heads up to every one who says bug out to the country. The country isn't so hospitable as they seem to think. There are many who would shoot first.

I would defend myself from thieves but would help those who were willing to work. Why should my months of hard work go to someone bent on stealing? People should really learn to read an entire thread before they jump in and jump to conclusions.

I prefer to teach sustainable living to willing people. I do not prefer to spend three to four months working the fields to hand it over to a marauding group who intend to let me starve or kill me for a meal.

To those who say most haven't known hardship - some of us have. Some of us know what its like not to have a decent meal for weeks. Some of us know what its like to sleep outside in the winter with nothing but the clothes on their back. Some of us know what its like to be in hiding in the woods to preserve their lives.

Personally I hope the S never HTF. I don't care to think about how hard life will be. I never want to be that cold again or that hungry again. I don't want any of you to ever be that cold or hungry either. I'll share, but with civilized hard working people. I won't roll over and be stolen from.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeopleParty
Don't think that those of us already in the rural locations will welcome you with open arms. Its nearly as dangerous for bug outers in the wilds as it will be in the cities, except in the wilds you'll be faced with folk who know how to live there, know the area well, and will in most cases use deadly force to protect it.

Verry humane! Shoot anyone/thing that comes near you, even if it/they needs help or maybe lost. No wonder this world is in so much #, If this is how the people act then you cant blame the leaders for wanting to keep an eye on us.
edit on 7-1-2011 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

So...the John Lennon / Peace picture is there sarcastically I guess?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

You aren't the first one who assumed I said I'd shoot trespassers. I never said I'd shoot first and ask questions later. I was trying to give a heads up to every one who says bug out to the country. The country isn't so hospitable as they seem to think. There are many who would shoot first.

So what makes it so different than the city?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

LargeFries, the part of the post you responded to that irked you was a quote from my post. The poster you responded to was also angry with me.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Hey, not sure how financially blessed you are to have multiple properties and bug out locations, but I just wanted to say that most people simply do not have the money or resources to just go out and buy land and set up a location, it would be great if everyone could do that, and I'm sure that everyone would do that if they could, but most can't. Expecting them to do so and looking down on people who can't isn't fair.

I get where your coming from totally, if I had land and a farm I wouldn't want it to get pillaged either but why don't you put yourself in other peoples shoes and try to imagine what it would be like for you and your family if you didn’t have all that. What if you had to flee your family home and you were scared, lost, helpless, injured, hungry, and cold and had young children or elderly to take care of on top of this? What would you do? Just wither away because "oh well I didn't prepare before hand so now I guess I’ll die because I wouldn't want to bother any of these country folk"? I don’t think so; you would seek shelter, food and water like anyone else. (Again I’m talking about people who can’t afford bug out locations or who are unaware of impending disaster, people who have the means and do nothing about it is a different story)

Don't get me wrong I’m not supporting theft or "rape" of your land or anyone else’s, but I also strongly disagree with your "stay away from my land or die attitude". In the end we are all brothers and sisters and I'm a believer of the more you give the more you will receive, be it by karma or God or whatever. If everyone helped everyone when SHTF we could get through it a lot easier, obviously I’m aware that in the real world things are not so perfect, but every little bit of kindness makes a difference and it starts with you and me.

I understand first off you have to take care of your own dependants but beyond that you should open your heart to helping as many people as possible even if it takes you to the brink of your supplies, you'll sleep a lot easier as well as appose to having the guilt and bad karma of all the people you hurt or kill protecting your land. If you catch a thief on your land show compassion and understanding not anger, hate and violence. Every person you hurt or kill multiplies that pain and suffering through yourself and everyone that knows and loves that person.

The scummy thief in your field could be the only parent the 3 kids 100 yards away have to depend on, open your heart and mind.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by WielderOfTheSwordOfTruth

We aren't blessed with money, just other people of like minds. If stuff gets bad at their location they'll come here. If it gets bad here we'll go there. That's doable for anyone with good friends.

I'll reserve further comment until you've read more of my posts.

Edit to add: if she's willing to carry water, or garden, or cook, or do laundry, or any of a myriad of chores that will need done she'd be welcome to stay!
edit on 7/1/2011 by SeenMyShare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
there is a lot of big talk here i will do this or that, but untill we really face the reality of the situation i dont think any body reallys knows what is deep down inside them... i hear people talk all the time how big and tough they are. but for the most part its the quit people that worry me ... when you have it you dont have to brag kinda of like the joke about why a guy needs a sports car. some of historys bigest heros are the smallest people...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I remember reading that you must get to a high elevation because violent earthquakes would cause most rivers, streams, and lakes to be contaminated by industry. Please someone share survival links, or give practical advice. Do you think the military will hold together, not talking about government but military??

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by theclutch

your post makes me want to go live homeless and see how tuff it really is...now those guys are survivors as long as they have a can of hi gravity in reach.....heck I dono

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

I'm confused! I read your OP a few times before creating Reply. This is the post to which I refer:
I posted this comment in another thread but this is worthy of its own thread.

I see a recurring theme over and over here on ATS, and that's the number of people who will "head to the hills". I can tell you that if that is your plan you best be getting your destination location pinpointed and arranging for rent or purchase and shelter now. If the SHTF many of us already in the country/hills/boonies will not take kindly to a bunch of city folk pouring in and squatting on our farmlands, in our woods, and on our mountains acting as if they have the right to be there..

Now is the time to find that wilderness location and secure it for yourself. Don't think that those of us already in the rural locations will welcome you with open arms. Its nearly as dangerous for bug outers in the wilds as it will be in the cities, except in the wilds you'll be faced with folk who know how to live there, know the area well, and will in most cases use deadly force to protect it.

---- What am I missing? I don't see where some one else is being quoted. I'll be the first to admit that sometimes if it was a snake, it would have bit me
)

And I thank you for your reply. This thread really has been eye-opening for me. I found some posters comments to be sad, others educational, and one or two just reeked of common sense and juicy rationalization.

The other poster I replied to I felt was in the same vein/spirit as the OP, but seeing John Lennon's picture alongside that post made me wonder if Mr. Lennon was being used for parody or if the writer didn't recognize their own hypocrisy. What I saw on a TV documentary about John Lennon gave me the distinct impression that he not only longed for a free and loving humanity, he also 'practiced what he preached'.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join