It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Head to the hills.......... what?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by AndrewJay

Please, by all means quote me one time where I said "I hate city folk".

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare

Please, by all means quote me one time where I said "I hate city folk".

I could quote your entire original post as well as every post you made following it. You think you own the entire country side, mountains, trees and squirels just because you grew up and live in the country and god forbid someone from the city even attempts to speak with you let alone move in next door. I know your type.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
You know its sad to hear about how much people will be killing eachother if they survive...!! We have a very large group that recently met to chat on this subject all of us ex military,specialops,from marines,army,airforce,navy and do you know the most important topic we had was what specialties we could add to our group to help others to build our community.....never did we start with killing to get ahead ...those who have never been in a situation were people have died or lost someone in a horrible way or even watched a family die for no reason !! this will change you forever...the funny thing is we know is anyone who plans were there going has no idea whats going to happen in the first place yet!! there are many things that will effect were ever you go...and half wont think of many factors that will cause there own death or there families...our group consists of all walks of life and we encourage life till you choose the opposite ...and remember most will be just as scared as you and seeking someplace safe to call home...

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I agree, her prejudice comes through loud and clear.The statement about Katrina and Kentucky floods is proof of that hands down. The two disasters can not be compared to each other. The people in N.O. were left without any help from FEMA for over a week, and they were on site for the floods in Tennessee and Kentucky before the water peaked. I have been through many Hurricanes the biggest was Opal and I lived at ground zero, Destin Fl. (a city) when it hit, and people helped each other, even during the peak of the storm. Go figure...Good and bad is not related to the persons geographical location,just their own perception of the world that surrounds them.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ironheadd

Im sorry Ironheadd, the other guy was Ironclad. My mistake. I really thought he changed his ignorant mind. Thanks for pointing that out lol I really thought there was some hope for him.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

Well yes, now you really sound like a silly ol country bat. One, You dont know me lady, so "luck" wont be needed. I dont care where anyone is from, like I said before, violence is met with violence. You assume everyone in the city doesnt know anything about survival. That is going to be your fatal mistake. Your prejudice is only going to get yourself killed. Not only to you do a complete 180 from the original post, you did another 180 right back to the threats and prejudice towards city folk. Isolation, prejudice, ignorance, and ATS is a very bad combination.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

One more thing, your lil plan for everyone to use satellite mapping to know the area before going there is severely flawed, again, due to your assumptions. Just like you assume everyone in the city is some zombie retard that can barely take care of themselves, you are assuming after any SHTF scenario that the landscape will even look the same. I really hope you are not an accurate representation of the intelligence of "country folk".

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
That...or we could just assume that a more "spread-out" existence would preempt any need for TS to HTF.

My advice, become a generalist and you better be familiar with the local flora and fauna.

If the cities were to get to hot, I would have no problem going up to what's left of my family's land in the mountains and setting up shop.

My thought is, however, that in some scenarios that people here adhere to, the NWO is intending on depopulating the vast wilderness and centralizing authority to the larger cities. If that is the case, how long (after whatever turning point may or may not be on the horizon) should one expect to live peacefully before the armored, roving depopulation squads...?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Sphota

This is a great point; in many scenarios the countryside will be far more dangerous and the only people not in cities will be living the life of a wild animal hiding in the deep woods evading drones and other intelligence. Having a homestead will only get you forcibly moved or killed. because while I refuse to get involved in the who is tougher than who arguments a organized military force controlled by a large government body using modern technology will easily dispatch any farmlands and homesteads by a simple air strike.

Stay in the cities and become the puppet of whoever takes over in this scenario if you only want to survive.

Myself, I'll be keeping my head down and doing what I need to survive.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord

too many movies indeed....Terminator Salvation,the use of drones...The Book of Eli,,Godless raping and pillaging...The Road,,you will be hunted and eaten....cant leave Rambo out so hummm, have 10,000 rounds of ammo on hand and a bow and arrow for the intellegent look of suphistication and of course the Big Fat Knife,just for looking Kool.......this thread thanks to me now has Humor!!!! hahahahahahahahahahahaha!! headbands optional

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mike184ever

The drones is a very good point, in that scenario, drones will be used. Unless you include RPG or some other surface-to-air-missiles into your "survival gear" you wont have to worry about defending your supplies against the mindless city zombies.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I don't intend to stray into land that is heavily occupied. If you've got no trespassing signs up, then I will respect them. If a single person straying a few meters into your forty acres automatically means a bullet in the head instead of you evaluating the situation to see if there could be a mutually beneficial solution, then you probably won't survive long, either.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimistPrime

good point on the surface to air missiles....lets not forget no fires in the daytime when it is cold as smoke will give you up and no lights at night for the same reason.....as bad as life sucks right now...its nowhere as bad it could be given said shtf scenario having never lived without the comforts of home,they better have their campfire gurus handy for their apocolyptic audessy...they just wont make it without instruction...and that is in no book...the smell of cordite,blood, and sheer solitude will be mosts undoing take away tabacco and alcohol...OMG

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
In the event of these terrible acts described in this post, We as a people will gather together and serve one another, despite what little faith we now have in one another. The criminals will be dealt with as they would be dealt with in any society. We must have faith in our fellow bretherin.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
whats hilarious is, nobody has to run and hide and kill each other for survival, if they just go take care of the few power mongers that are pushing you into the wilderness and stealing away your rights and threatening your lively hoods. take care of the problem at the source before the disease spreads...don't you get it? you don't have to live in fear to survive...you just have to take charge

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

They may or may not be exaggerating the number. It's completely within the realm of possibility.
I know because I have that much if not a little more.

And people throwing numbers and scenarios out there......don't get silly.

Someone mentioned that there were like 6 Billion people on the planet and kind of insinuated that you wouldn't have enough ammo....Really? I mean seriously? Should I assume that 6 billion people will all try to kill & steal from me?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

This makes me think of the days of old where the fort has a high stone wall built around it. The ideal would be to have the garden within the walled area.
In our present world we lock our doors and if someone breaks in to cause harm we call the police. Take away the phone, gas, electricity etc in a tshtf situation there would be allot of people migrating on foot for various reasons. It does not seem reasonable for people to start to fire at will on some innocent person who steps on their property yet on the other hand a person has the right to protect themselves. perhaps Signage around the property lines , warning others of your intentions would be a better way.
I believe whether in the city or the country , along with clean water, food, shelter and heat , securing the perimeter of where you are would take on immediate importance , whether it is a door and window to your room or a fenced off city block area with watch guards , or that farmland the op talks of .

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyvoyageur

sorry but I left out 1 movie...you are talking about that township the Postman "Kevin Costner" visited

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare
If the SHTF many of us already in the country/hills/boonies will not take kindly to a bunch of city folk pouring in and squatting on our farmlands, in our woods, and on our mountains acting as if they have the right to be there..

Hmmm...I wonder if thats what all those Native Americans said when they saw you guys coming.

R

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join