It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Head to the hills.......... what?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

You don't own crap, you're a monkey on a rock like the rest of us. Get over yourself, if someone wants sanctuary on "YOUR land" its their's to take. Don't worry though, a person like you isn't meant to be a part of the surviving human race after what is coming comes. Also what state are you inhabiting, I'll give you your odds of living, as from your post I already know your IQ and adaptabilty are low I can give you some rough odds. Cause I know to the T how its starting and how its going to go down. -The Scientist

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
This is why we need to constantly remind others to be prepared for a situation. I can tell you that if something happens, my family, our food, and well being will come first. I will help stragglers, but they would not be allowed to remain.

You would not believe the amount of poachers we have had to run off the past two years, in the middle of the night. I'm getting in some good experience on dealing with people who trespass.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Well I have two reactions to this.

DAAAMN good point.

Now I know to shoot first.

Not really! I got real people in the ozarks, if I can make it to Mo.
edit on 7-1-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-1-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

I agree with you, but I am concerned that some will be in such a panic they will resort to violence to get what they need. As is, we have people already stating that other people's land and food stores is up for the taking. I would probably defend what is mine and share what I can but I would not let people come and squat on the property. Just me though.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Where I'm at, people have warning signs on their property which read "WARNING LIVE GUN FIRE. TRESPASSERS WILL BE SHOT". I don't have one these, but I have neighbors who do with an itchy trigger finger. One night someone drove all the way down their private drive despite all their warning signs and big dogs barking. They backed out and tore out of there pretty quick when the gun fire did start.

It's people like my neighbors who will get through a SHTF situation, because they don't care. They will shoot. I on the other hand will be wanting to help the stragglers and more than likely could be risking all I have.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Constantly keep moving. Thats the only option. Imagine it as if, the land itself is poisoned. Sleeping in one spot for longer than two days amounts to death.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
It sounds like you are a farmer's wife who has been taken care of her whole life and is just now coming to grips with the reality of the situation we are all experiencing. To act like the unemployed can just up and "secure" a wilderness site or otherwise is beyond ignorant and insulting to anyone with half a brain. If the people who would be seeking shelter from the storm could lock down a "few fields" then we wouldn't be facing the insecurity of TSHTF...right? Do you have homeless people trying to steal your chickens? No, why? Because they are in the cities and eat GMO chicken sandwiches made by other low-income earners. It's attitudes like yours lady that has put this country in the shape it's in. You sit in your ivory tower far away from the problems of the inner city and complain (in fear, obviously) about the majority of the population here in the US. What you need to do is worry about how you see other human beings instead of sending out summary threats to the general public. I'd be willing to bet that you wouldn't get 2 miles if you had to walk or if that massive gas guzzler, I'm sure you possess, breaks down or is without fuel. Thank you for living far away from most people so that your ignorance is only passed along to your "chosen few". You sound like Sarah Palin's lunatic cousin.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I want to be the first to punch out if the unthinkable happens. I just don't want to stick around trying to survive in a world where people will be fighting and killing each other just to survive. I would think dying a slow death or fighting for survival would be pure hell on earth. I'll take my chances on the other side thank you.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
There is so much contradiction in this thread made by the OP herself. Thats messed up. Besides her condescending remarks about "city folk" she encourages everyone in the city to buy up the land out there making it exactly what she despises most, a city. Just because we are not Jeremiah Johnson up on the mountain, does not mean none of us have never owned a garden. Remember, those of us that havent used the time to do simple tasks such as farming, used the time to get educated in trades that country folk could find quite useful. I may have never driven a combine, but i can build and fix just about anything. I may have weapons on my person and a Chicago accent, doesnt mean Im out to get you. This thread seems like an attempt at getting us city folk riled up. How sad. You really arent doing much to discard the stereotype of dumb hicks.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
OK Lets go easy here.
For America,How many people,for how long,can we feed and survive as a Nation?
How much food can America produce to sustain our own livelyhood?
How much food can America send OUT from U.S. to help our brothers worldwide?
How much food should America KEEP before we send out food worldwide?
Are these questions too tough?
Keep it real.
.I don't trust the Dep't of Commerces report. I saw the movie "Trading Places"
We're ATS.. No solutions? Just biatching?
We're better then this.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I personally believe that when the SHTF, there actually won't be anywhere to hide.

Those with shelters will may or may not have a safe location existent depending on the type of scenario.

Those with bunkers will probably be sealed and buried underground depending on the type of scenario.

Those who climb mountains may not be standing ontop of mountains when it's done. They may be under them.

There is no 100% proof plan to avoid the SHTF-Scenarios because there is no official SHTF-scenario occuring.

And all the planning in the world, won't pinpoint exactly where to go and how long to stay there.

Be it Mother Nature, or Human Arrogance, that destroys everything, there will be little to no life left.

In the end, the Planet has the best odds of surviving, because it doesn't have to produce life to exist.

It just has to float there.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Dachende

Point the OP is trying to make is that when TSHTF, people from the cities - people without a clue how to survive, people who have no Idea how to use the land and resources to keep it going indefinitely, people who have been spoiled all their lives....

Will flock to the rural areas expecting a free indefinite meal ticket, lodging and be waited on hand and foot. City folk don't know any better and will take whatever they can carry and then get pissed when they come back for more and there's nothing left.

Simply put, I don't want to wake up one morning, open my window and find 100 ppl camping on my block, all my vegi gardens totally up-rooted, all my fruit trees stripped and all my livestock dead (and mostly un-used).

If TSHTF, this is exctly how the bug-outs are going to act!!!

So in my opinion, people like that, when they do come calling..... are best put out of everyone else's misery on the spot.
edit on 1/7/2011 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by foxhoundone

SMS just for the crack, How would you cope with a few of these beasts pulling up at your retreat,

edit on 7-1-2011 by foxhoundone because: Edit mong

I know it's not directed at me but the road leading up to our pitbull friend's 'retreat' could be impassable, or repeatedly blocked with dozens of logs across the street, or IEDs in a desert setting, I'm sure the occupants of that vehicle type can handle some situations like fire, or gas attack, or small explosive but there are always limitations.

Considering that a Vietnam-era antitank launcher with missile was recently found abandoned in the bushes alongside a British Columbia highway.

Perhaps not surprisingly, its origins cannot be 'traced' so therefore who knows how many missile launchers are in the hands of militas or collectors in the United States thanks to the military-industrial complex and the sales of weapons in the underground market.

One hit with an antitank missile, that truck goes up with a boom. Any advancing soldiers then come under intense sniper fire from nowhere and everywhere. Feels bad man...

Even airborne dust sugar from refined sugar is dangerously explosive. Someone will think of something to take out that armored truck or avoid the truck altogether and retreat to fight another day and to pick fights with ground infantry instead.

Although this would only be true during small scale take-downs of terrorists who follow and love the constitution of the United States by very well equipped mercenary slave armies who are outfitted with the very finest of the United States Army Armory and not a large scale, potentially troublesome operation of pitting the entire US or NATO army against all Americans instead of a few thousand people who pose a real danger to the secret world government.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephi1337

If you fail to prepare yourself now for what you know is going yo happen, who is not being responsible? Why should I, after years of learning the ways of the wild, medicine, preserving, clothing, sheltering, spinning, weaving, childbearing, etc., etc., why should I take care of you?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ironclad

You are living a fantasy life. Sorry but those who make it that far are the ones who know how to survive. They were tough enough to make it that far they will be a lot tougher for you to kill, and there sure as hell wont be "100's" setting up camp. Unfortunately, you havent thought any further than your ill-informed greed has let you.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I don't understand why city's folks are being depicted in this thread as savages or irresponsible? Who said that (despite the lack of experience in farming or dealing with the natural resources first hand) city people are to ask everything they need and if they won't get it, they'll try to get it by brute force? This kind of stereotyping is not only silly but also an indication of dumbness and deficiency in reasoning for the person who comes up with the idea. How in the name of God can someone generalize things in this way? To the country folks: your work is important, your knowledge and hard work provides the goods that a lot of people in the city are depended on. So your existence is vital to a country and society. But don't forget that this city people you're talking about are the teachers, the artists, the economists, the traders, the scientists, the workers who on their own way create as many important things so necessary to your existence too, the...and the list can go on endlessly. That being said, both sides are important to a society and in a SHTF type of scenario one cannot make it without the other. If you think to rebuild a society you'd need the learned and experienced man as much as you'll need the simple farmer to start over. There is a line from the movie 2012 which has stuck in my mind as the most meaningful part in the whole drama: "You cannot start a new existence with an act of cruelty"... (something like that). If by survivalist you mean devouring each other and applying the notion of Survival Of The Fittest then there is no such line (no matter how thin it is) that divides us from the animal world. And if it's so, we don't deserve to be preserved as human race. As such we're just a plague to this planet.
edit on 7-1-2011 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Telos

Exactly my point. Star for you my friend, if only those country folk could comprehend this before pulling a trigger.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
you know, however poorly delivered one may believe this thread to be, it absolutely has truth to it. Not because the poster is a bad person or misguided, but because people who live in the country and people who live in the city might as well be as different as a man and woman. i live in a city in texas because of my work, but i grew up in rural west texas and people there do what they have to do to survive. everyday they have to fight the gov over their land, other people over their crops or livestock. its not that country people are heartless, in contrary, i have not met a single person in the city that is remotely as kind and generous as anyone i ever knew in the country. the difference is when u live in the city u drive down the road for mcdonalds when ur hungry and broke. In the country u go shoot something, carve it up and consume it. people in the city are spoiled and cold to the human condition because they have life so easy. if/when TSHF then u can bet ur last dollar it will be the people in the city that riot, that kill and mame for what others have, that TAKE what they need even if its from someone in more need. The people in the country will continue on as life has always been with few modifications. no, people migrating from more troubled areas (cities) will not be welcomed with open arms by the other people because even in the best of times u dont just walk onto a farmers land and take what u want or need. if you do this u will get shot, even in the best of times. when times get bad yea u will still see the general humane kindness people *wish* could be shown on a daily basis, but u will also have alot of people dieing not because of current events but because they are entering a part of society they are strangers to and do not realize, in many situations simply dont care cuz "all country people are stupid", or understand the etiquette. kindness and humbleness will be what saves man not the presumption that because one kind of person chose a life that has supplied him and his family with their needs met even when the country is in shambles means they owe the benefits of that way of life to anyone else. People who have chosen the city life have done so knowing the consequences the same as the simple farmer. Suddenly a life that most considered "simple" and "hick" will be what everyone screams "by this success your obligated to my well being". Its not their fault nor their responsibility to care for us when we cant do it ourselves, however i know many of them will. off my soap box now.. maybe some of the posts in this thread can be a little more civilized. either way.. this computer nerd is from the country so i got it covered on both ends

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I understand and respect your wishes. People here don't understand how hard it is to toil the field and to raise livestock. Heck, I am one of those people and I respect you for what you do. Because people like you are the ones that will help keep humanity alive when we are all down.

But I hope you aren't one of those people who shoot first and ask questions later. Because if SHTF I intend on travelling and I don't want to be shot at, nor do I want to a nuisance to anyone. So I hope you would keep a sign that says do not trespass because if someone wanders on your fields and gets killed without warning, that would be the most ignorant thing anyone can do.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bertapearl

The same as why should I use my skills of metal working, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, heating, engineering, chemistry, etc.... to take care of you? Very irrational thinking. Just remember, there is plenty to eat in the wild, and after SHTF I am sure there will be plenty of crop fields being overgrown into surrounding areas. It works both ways.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join