It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of Fish Dying Before Our Eyes!!! FREE FOOD!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Hello to all the "Doom and Gloomers" and "Survivalists" out there:

Some good news to brighten your last days here on earth.

With the economic situation such as it is and the food prices skyrocketing, you would think that some good news would come out of all of the food dying right in front of your eyes AND kitchens.
The dying critters can be baked, broiled, fried and frozen or salted for your survival food packages!

FREE FOOD!!!

(Before any replies, there are no reports of any detrimental effects on this years' Jubilee due to the BP fiasco that I could find. If you do, let me know, Thanks)

I lived in the New Orleans area for over thirty years prior to my moving here to the ME.

We had done a lot of work in Mobile, Alabama and vacationed in Fairhope (great golfing) as well.
Many times over the years we have had the opportunity during the summer months to witness and participate in the party that is 1000's of fish dying!! Great beach parties and BBQ's.

"JUBILEE"

Here are some links and information to sites so you can plan your summer vacation and survival food gathering at the same time:

On a few nights each summer — no one knows precisely when — the waters of Mobile Bay push thousands of fish and crabs onto the shores around Daphne. Decaying leaves and sediment from the Mobile-Tensaw River Delta flow into the bay, lowering the water’s oxygen level. The fish stop swimming and float to the surface. Most of them end up on the beach, stunned but alive and ready to be harvested. Word spreads quickly, and people from Daphne and the surrounding cities crowd onto the shore to collect the free seafood. It is a rare, unpredictable moment that happens nowhere else but Mobile Bay. Thanks to the BP oil spill, we’re wondering if it will ever happen again. The word “jubilee” is a term often found in slave narratives and spirituals, used to mark religious celebrations and emancipation. It’s a fitting name for a natural phenomenon in Mobile Bay, a waterway once called the Bay of the Holy Spirit.

From the NY Times, no less!

More...

Mobile Bay is a brackish [mixed salt and fresh water] estuary, and marine Scientists think the “Jubilee” results from lower-oxygen salt water coming in with the rising tide into more highly-oxidized fresher water, and the salty water pushes before it the bottom-dwelling species until they get right up on the beach and have nowhere else to go, and lie there in lethargy. Not just everybody knows that the Gulf of Mexico has only one daily high and one low tide, for unusual hydrologic reasons; whether this contributes to the phenomenon is hard to say.

Some Reasons:

The Jubilee is a natural phenomenon that usually occurs early in the morning before sunrise. The water loses its oxygen forcing the sea life to push its way to more oxygenated waters. They push their way shore and become lethargic making it easy for fishing for flounder, crab, shrimp, etc. Once the water begins to mix the oxygen will level out again and the bottom-dwellers will head back into the ocean.

More Info...

Lots of Photos, no need to embed. Just check out this link:
Jubilee Photos

And from Wikipedia! Really a good source for this for a change.
Jubilee, Wikipedia

Here is a good video description:
Jubilee Video:

Well happy hunting and stock up. The end is nearer than you think.

BTW: No fish or birds dying here in Abu Dhabi. My car still has to be washed sometimes twice a day due to the loose bowls of the local flying fauna.

73's,
Tom

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I actually thought about this... well, giving it to the needy if they're not contaminated.

But how can we really be sure? Since we've no idea what happen to them it doesn't seem like a very good idea.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Cocasinpry

Cocasinpry,
Thanks for the reply.

Yes we do know what happened to them...read the articles that are embedded. This has been happening for YEARS. Way before the BP thing.

73's
Tom

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Gross.. I was born and raised in New Orleans and we never ate the die off.

It happens.. they die off. Not only from the oxygenation issue youre describing but from fertilizers at certain times of the year being run off, irrigation, and etc. I dont recall ever seeing birds fall out of the sky, but the fish thing is nothing new.. I just cant imagine eating them! LOL!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Advantage,

They are not all DEAD!! They are stunned and still alive!!!
I have had many a great beach BBQ with the "dead" fish.

Please read the articles.
If you lived in NOLA and didn't get farther east than Pascagoula, you probably never did hear about this.

So that means all the crabs and shrimp you've eaten out of Pontchartrain were alive? Don't think so!
73's,
Tom
edit on 7-1-2011 by tomdham because: sp

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by tomdham

Advantage,

They are not all DEAD!! They are stunned and still alive!!!
I have had many a great beach BBQ with the "dead" fish.

Please read the articles.
If you lived in NOLA and didn't get farther east than Pascagoula, you probably never did hear about this.

So that means all the crabs and shrimp you've eaten out of Pontchartrain were alive? Don't think so!
73's,
Tom
edit on 7-1-2011 by tomdham because: sp

I also know that many die offs around the year are due to strep and viral things that the fish have not to mention parasites. Nope, wouldnt eat them even if they were still gasping, Im aware that hypoxia doesnt mean certain death. SOmetimes they float back down and live unless they are banked.No one really wants to take that chance though, especially with the viral crap and toxins even back in the 60's. I didnt live in a bubble, we actually dared to venture out of New Orleans once in a while.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Advantage,
I realize you do not live in a bubble. Sorry didn't mean it in a derogatory manner.

But living in NOLA you surely have eaten seafood out of the lake, right?
Do you remember the plane crash years ago (can't remember the details) that the plane was buried so deep in the lake bottom they could not even find it?
Well the lake crabs, fish and shrimp surely have had a feast on that.

Anyway...ask some others about the Jubilee. It has been a big deal for hundreds of years. Even the local tribes participated prior to the arrival of the "great white devil"!!

Thanks for the reply,
73's,
Tom

edit on 7-1-2011 by tomdham because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by tomdham

Advantage,
I realize you do not live in a bubble. Sorry didn't mean it in a derogatory manner.

But living in NOLA you surely have eaten seafood out of the lake, right?
Do you remember the plane crash years ago (can't remember the details) that the plane was buried so deep in the lake bottom they could not even find it?
Well the lake crabs, fish and shrimp surely have had a feast on that.

Anyway...ask some others about the Jubilee. It has been a big deal for hundreds of years. Even the local tribes participated prior to the arrival of the "great white devil"!!

Thanks for the reply,
73's,
Tom

Yeah Tom, Im aware of it. I just still think its gross.
We used to wander out with a bottle of tabasco in our pockets, with our pants legs rolled up, and get oysters, stun them with tabasco and eat them raw. Some might think thats as gross as eating die off.

I remember a few crashes.. one way back in the 60's and one in the 80's I think. Id already left NO by the 80's though.

I get your point youre trying to make. Die off is natural and if not natural its common. The problem is the birds along with it. Thats one thing I cant figure out just yet. I refuse to believe its from fireworks.. or we'd have dead bird pick up day after several holidays.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Advantage,

Yes RAW OYSTERS!!!! I can eat them till the cows come home!! Gross? Not at all.
It's been years though. The oysters here do not compare to good ole Appalachacola or LA oysters!

I still think that the reported dead bird phenomena is driven by the amount of instant information available due to the internet and spread by fear mongering. Especially reading the recent threads about them here on ATS. HumanAlien threads are evidence of this fear mongering and end of world predictions which are now epidemic on ATS.

Just information overload, misinformation and misrepresentation.
Life goes on.
73's,
Tom

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
You boys are hardcore!!! We eat the back straps out of the deer within an hour of the kill... I fry up the Walleye right there on the ice... I have been known to keep a Salmon that was caught a little late into the run....

But...... to eat fish that are on the shore "assuming" it is from oxygen depletion is insane.. IMO -

Also - I love some oysters, but wading in and eating them right out of the water is risky stuff fellas... Oysters are our natural water filters.. I like mine to be fully cooked.. ya know, cooking out the dioxin.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resurrectio
You boys are hardcore!!! We eat the back straps out of the deer within an hour of the kill... I fry up the Walleye right there on the ice... I have been known to keep a Salmon that was caught a little late into the run....

But...... to eat fish that are on the shore "assuming" it is from oxygen depletion is insane.. IMO -

Also - I love some oysters, but wading in and eating them right out of the water is risky stuff fellas... Oysters are our natural water filters.. I like mine to be fully cooked.. ya know, cooking out the dioxin.

LOL! Im female, but when I shucked oysters on the beach it was back in the 60's and 70's.They were different times, my friend. Id not dip my toe in the gulf these days. In fact, I dont eat seafood at all now. Im in the midwest at the moment and the stuff you get here looks like bait or something we'd throw back ....but its sold at premium prices.
Ive transitioned almost completely to free range bison and beef or local caught fish at a fishery Im familiar with thats reasonably safe. Used to, you could buy live fresh shrimp by the 5 gallon bucket at the docks for a few bucks... Ive seen what passes for fresh shrimp these days and its gross.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Okay Obama. You eat it then!!!
2nd line

top topics

join