It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Pole Shift Experiment - Is it Happening?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Other posts have noted a strange looking moon. I had a thought today, if the poles stay in place but the earth shifts around them, wouldn't the sky map change? I used my handy dandy smart phone app with Google Earth to pinpoint the stars and looked in a book for seasonal reference. As I understand it, we in LA (1-27-2011) should not be seeing Sirius. I followed up by web sites and they all show that it should be below the equator - but it is quite visible. Anyone familiar with star charts at this time of year? I'd love to see a correction to this.
Use your car GPS to get your current GPS coordinates.
PS The visible moon today was on a diagonal, is this normal?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
dear friend,

thank you for your contribution and your research, i'm afraid though i cannot help you with finding the answers requested since..lately i noticed various anomalies too..

i noticed the sun is not rising as expected...sometime it rises further right..than further left again..

also the moon is visible..very visible throughout the whole day..everyday..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ecccdd88a927.jpg[/atsimg]

these are only my observations though..but I expect perfect tuning with these things

your observation is backed up with scientific evidence..kindly i request you to investigate further.

Back on the thread...we have some new readings regarding the magnetic north..and yes..ITS MOVING!!!

i'm trying to allocate sometime to upload new pic etc..(im at work sry folks)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnieWalker

Other posts have noted a strange looking moon. I had a thought today, if the poles stay in place but the earth shifts around them, wouldn't the sky map change? I used my handy dandy smart phone app with Google Earth to pinpoint the stars and looked in a book for seasonal reference. As I understand it, we in LA (1-27-2011) should not be seeing Sirius. I followed up by web sites and they all show that it should be below the equator - but it is quite visible. Anyone familiar with star charts at this time of year? I'd love to see a correction to this.

It sounds to me that you are a bit confused over the difference between a pole shift and a magnetic reversal. The Earth does not "shift" around the poles. That is what happens in a pole shift.

You should easily see Sirius at this time of year. In fact, this is the time of year when you see Sirius along with Orion. Websites do not show Sirius below the equator. LA is 34 degrees north. Download Stellarium and check out what your view is this evening at midnight. The only reason you might not see Sirius is due to the local obstructions of the horizon.

If you don't have a GPS in your car it is easy to determine your position. I don't have a GPS in my car because they suck. I laugh at anyone that I warn not to use GPS to arrive at my house. If you use car GPS you get lost. I find it rather funny because if people had a sense of direction they would quickly realize that the GPS was taking them away from my house.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by JohnnieWalker

It sounds to me that you are a bit confused over the difference between a pole shift and a magnetic reversal. The Earth does not "shift" around the poles. That is what happens in a pole shift.

You should easily see Sirius at this time of year. In fact, this is the time of year when you see Sirius along with Orion. Websites do not show Sirius below the equator. LA is 34 degrees north. Download Stellarium and check out what your view is this evening at midnight. The only reason you might not see Sirius is due to the local obstructions of the horizon.

If you don't have a GPS in your car it is easy to determine your position. I don't have a GPS in my car because they suck. I laugh at anyone that I warn not to use GPS to arrive at my house. If you use car GPS you get lost. I find it rather funny because if people had a sense of direction they would quickly realize that the GPS was taking them away from my house.

just a simple question so give me a simple answer...

do you anybody who witnessed a magnetic reversal ?

simple answer dont forget

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
This is tonight's view of Sirius from LA. Enjoy.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/49c698d97908.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

This is tonight's view of Sirius from LA. Enjoy.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/49c698d97908.jpg[/atsimg]

you have to re-post..there is no date anywhere...time waster lol

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

i noticed the sun is not rising as expected...sometime it rises further right..than further left again..

also the moon is visible..very visible throughout the whole day..everyday..

The motions of the Earth and Sun are carefully monitored. There is no change in the position of the sun that is not expected due to the change in position of the Earth around the Sun.

There is a shape called an analemma. It used to be placed on globes. It shows how the sun appears to move across the sky because of the Earth's tilt and its orbit.
Analemma

Next, the moon is not visible throughout the whole day. That would require the moon to have sped up in its orbit for you to be observing that. No. You need to go outside and verify that you are wrong on this claim. The moon is just past third quarter. That means it is not visible after sunset.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

just a simple question so give me a simple answer...
do you anybody who witnessed a magnetic reversal ?
simple answer dont forget

No one has observed a geomagnetic reversal that recorded it. There were humans around only they didn't write things down.

Having said that, that has nothing to do with the ability of people to show that no pole shifts have occurred in 200My. Pole shifts are not associated with magnetic reversals.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

you have question I made yet to be answered..

and i told ya already..the moon is visible..and i posted a picture..dude..you cant argue what is happening today with articles years old

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Why don't you show that I am wrong! You can't, can you!

The fact is that you posted a stunning whopper of a mistake in which you claimed that you could see the moon all day long. Duh! The moon is third quarter. Of course it can be seen for most of the daylight hours, but it is not visible for the entire day. The moon sets before sunset.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

and i told ya already..the moon is visible..and i posted a picture..dude..you cant argue what is happening today with articles years old

I answered your question.

Your moon photo is not dated, has no time, no orientation information, and has no location provided. That is a huge time waster. It's not even a current picture since it does not depict the phase of the moon today.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Why don't you show that I am wrong! You can't, can you!

The fact is that you posted a stunning whopper of a mistake in which you claimed that you could see the moon all day long. Duh! The moon is third quarter. Of course it can be seen for most of the daylight hours, but it is not visible for the entire day. The moon sets before sunset.

when posting something showing a position of something which is influenced y the date ..YOU HAVE TO POST IT WITH THE DATE VISIBLE....else its invalid..so no go and re-post your picture

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I answered your question.

Your moon photo is not dated, has no time, no orientation information, and has no location provided. That is a huge time waster. It's not even a current picture since it does not depict the phase of the moon today.

its 2pm...Malta...date last week

i took the picture personally
edit on 28-1-2011 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

when posting something showing a position of something which is influenced y the date ..YOU HAVE TO POST IT WITH THE DATE VISIBLE....else its invalid..so no go and re-post your picture

Please repost YOUR photo which is clearly not a current photo of the moon.

Provide the following:
1. Lat and long of the photo
2. orientation of the camera
3. date

In the mean time why don't you prove that my image is wrong. I am not going to repost it. End of story.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

its 2pm...Malta...date last week

i took the picture personally

That's insufficient information.

My image refers to this evening at 11:48PM as seen from LA. Stellarium matches the observations of the person reporting seeing Sirius. Wow a match. That shows that the claim that Sirius should not be visible from LA at this time of year is wrong.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The motions of the Earth are carefully checked. This has been happening for decades. Any small change in the motion is noted. Check out leap seconds if you are not aware of this.
Leap Seconds

Historically, the second was defined in terms of the rotation of the Earth as 1/86,400 of a mean solar day. In 1956, the International Committee for Weights and Measures, under the authority given it by the Tenth General Conference on Weights and Measures in 1954, defined the second in terms of the period of revolution of the Earth around the Sun for a particular epoch, because by then it had become recognized that the Earth's rotation was not sufficiently uniform as a standard of time.

Isn't it amazing to learn that the motion of the Earth is so well studied that we know that the rotation time of the Earth is too poor to be used to define a second. So 57 years ago this was determined and newer and better methods were proposed.

If the Earth's rotation were to change greater than a part of a second in one day, then astronomers would detect it.

That is, the length of the mean solar day is at present about 86,400.002 seconds instead of exactly 86,400 seconds. Over the course of one year, the difference accumulates to almost one second, which is compensated by the insertion of a leap second into the scale of UTC with a current regularity of a little less than once per year.

You can see here the great accuracy with which these things are measured.

If there was any change to the Earth's rotation it would be noticed immediately by astronomers worldwide.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

just wanted you to do some work..good job

Zzzzzzz

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I think your experiment is good fun,may learn a bit along the way.I have however been keeping a compass in a solid location for quite a few months now,i have had zero,nothing,needle has not moved.If i get a change i will let you know.
Iam using a basic compass same ones scouts use,not cheap but not expensive.
I wish you well with your experiment.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by iceblue20-12

That's good info. Everyone should realize that depending on the location you are on Earth you may see a change or not see a change depending on how the poles move. Keep an eye on the compass because if there is further change in the pole position you might see something happen.

Cheers

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join