It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Pole Shift Experiment - Is it Happening?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
for those that believe 2012 conspiracies - watch these 2 videos of scientists from NASA and what they nave to say on this - there is no end times 2012, get back to reality.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
After reading threads on numerous websites including ATS about the pole shift. Out of my own curiosity I set up a compass in my house, squared into a window frame and i leave it perfectly alone. I was really surprised to find that in the past week it shifted westward. I wanted to see if I could get some ATS'ers to set one up at home as well. I searched and found this post with the iphone app, but would much rather hear from ppl that can mount it semi-permanent and not ever touch it. thanks

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ConspiredSpiral

And you have made certain that there are not other factors affecting the compass? You should not be able to detect any change in the compass in the course of even a year unless you are very far north.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Here is some research I have been doing regarding this topic. Compiled from other similar threads. Very interesting info...

From 1831-1904 (73 years) it moved approx 90 miles at a rate of 1.24 Mile Per Year
From 1904-1948 (44 years) it moved approx 205 miles at a rate of 4.66 MPY
From 1948-1962 (14 years) it moved approx 90 miles at a rate of 6.42 MPY
From 1962-1973 (11 years) it moved approx 80 miles at a rate of 7.27 MPY
From 1973-1984 (11 years) it moved approx 75 miles at a rate of 6.82 MPY
From 1984-1994 (10 years) it moved approx 80 miles at a rate of 8.00 MPY
From 1994-2001 (7 years) it moved approx 220 miles at a rate of 31.43 MPY
From 2001-2004 (3 years) it moved approx 75 miles at a rate of 25.00 MPY
From 2004-2005 (1 year) it moved approx 30 miles at a rate of 30.00 MPY
From 2005-2010 (5 years) it moved approx 210 miles at a rate of 42.00 MPY

Clearly we see a trend of increasing rate. We are currently experiencing the fastest magnetic pole movement in at least the last 420 years.

I compiled this data by using the images shown and adding them to my already existing plot shown earlier in this thread, and the data from that was used from wiki and plotting them on Google earth. Creating a path and measuring each segment. I give the error of the each individual segment at about +/- 5 miles... the resulting effect on the Miles Per Year would be negligible and would still show an ever increasing rate of movement.

also

I wanted to visualize the movement of magnetic north. I used the info from Wiki: Earths's Magnetic Field and plotted them on Google earth.

The Distance of the line is 309 miles.

edit on (1/14/11) by AllSeeingI because: typo

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I just received this email from RSOE site - very interesting! Thoughts anyone on if things are accelerating more than we anticipate?

==
Situation Update No. 2
Posted:2011-01-13, 12:05:04 [UTC]
Event: Non-categorized event

Situation:

The shifting of the planet's northern magnetic pole forced Tampa International Airport to readjust their runways on Thursday, according to a report by Jeremy A. Kaplan of Foxnews.com. Kaplan reports that the shifting of the Earth's magnetic fields, spurred by the drifting of the north pole towards Russia, has prompted officials at the Florida airport to shut down their primary runway until January 13. The temporary closure will give them time to change their taxiway signs to account for the magnetic changes, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) officials told Fox News. "The poles are generated by movements within the Earth's inner and outer cores, though the exact process isn't exactly understood. They're also constantly in flux, moving a few degrees every year, but the changes are almost never of such a magnitude that runways require adjusting," Kaplan reported, citing FAA spokesman Paul Takemoto as a source. The runway's listing on aviation charts will be changed from 18R/36L (representing 180-degree approach from the north and the 360-degree approach from the south) to 19R/1L, according to various media sources. When Kaplan asked Takemoto how often these kinds of adjustments were needed at airports, the FAA spokesman told him, "It happens so infrequently that they wouldn't venture a guess… In fact, you're the first journalist to ever ask me about it." He was also quick to point out that passenger safety will not be an issue, but that the changes were needed "to make sure the precision is there that we need." According to a Wednesday article in the Tampa Tribune, late this month, the airport's east parallel runway and a seldom used east-west runway will also be closed so that officials can change signage to reflect their new designations as well. "The Federal Aviation Administration required the runway designation change to account for what a National Geographic News report described as a gradual shift of the Earth's magnetic pole at nearly 40 miles a year toward Russia because of magnetic changes in the core of the planet," the Florida newspaper's website also said.
==

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by bwfan

This is an interesting comment/article about airplanes. I wonder what types of aircraft rely on compass approaches. I would think that larger aircraft use some sort of navigation based on beacons to provide guidance. I hope a pilot can at least point me in the right direction to learn how planes navigate close to airports.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Dude...dont let Stereologist and the likes derail your thread. Thats all they do here on ATS. You cant debate with them. They use classic disinfo techniques so dont be surprised they seem to know everything or ignoring important parts of your posts. Dont bother replying with sources, theyll say its rubbish or hogwash or laughable or any clever words. When they cant properly refutate an article, they try to discredit either the author or the OP. As I said, classic disinfo technique. Ever wonder how brilliant they see, or how they put all their faith in MSM or scientific hypothesis (which are accepted in MSM but are still hypothesis). They want to make you believe there is no conspiracy at all, that everything is normal. Move on. When they derail your thread away from its goal, thats when they win. Theres nothing wrong with experimentation...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

Gab1159 thanks for showing up in this thread to make a post with no content. Do you have anything to actually add to this thread or are you just here because your ideas have taken such a severe beating in other threads.

If you want to address any of my statements directly instead of this wishy washy vague commentary please address one of my points. For example, do you know the difference between a pole shift and a magnetic reversal? Do you think that this experiment can detect the movement of the Earth's magnetic pole over the course of a month? Do you understand the meaning of precision? Can you quantify the precision in this experiment?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gab1159
Dude...dont let Stereologist and the likes derail your thread. Thats all they do here on ATS. You cant debate with them. They use classic disinfo techniques so dont be surprised they seem to know everything or ignoring important parts of your posts. Dont bother replying with sources, theyll say its rubbish or hogwash or laughable or any clever words. When they cant properly refutate an article, they try to discredit either the author or the OP. As I said, classic disinfo technique. Ever wonder how brilliant they see, or how they put all their faith in MSM or scientific hypothesis (which are accepted in MSM but are still hypothesis). They want to make you believe there is no conspiracy at all, that everything is normal. Move on. When they derail your thread away from its goal, thats when they win. Theres nothing wrong with experimentation...

thank you for your comment!!

i have to admit that I was too busy with my recently uploaded video on youtube...but we still took reading daily..and we have some results coming in...i will post some pictures later on today!!!

in the meantime here is my video regarding the current situation..kindly share via FB or Tweet if you like it so that it may serve its purpose as wake up call

thank you ^^

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Out of curiosity, what does your video have to do with a super fast pole flip potential?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

Out of curiosity, what does your video have to do with a super fast pole flip potential?

today??

- i had nothing for breakfast (only 1 cup of cofee with no sugar)
- i went to work by foot, 30mins approx walk , listening to oasis with my mp4 player
- at 9.30am i had breakfast...brown pasta (fusilli) with tuna and olives + 1 teaspoon of pure virgin olive oil
- at 12pm i had a protein bar
- now at 3pm i have chicken breast with brocolli
- at 3.30 i take creatine
- at around 7pm i have dinner, today fish + veg
- at 9pm Protein shake

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

So your video has nothing whatsoever to do with a super fast pole flip.

I knew that. Everyone knows that. Spamming of threads is frowned upon.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

There is one major flaw in your experiment... The iPhone uses gps not an actual magnet. It is pointing "north". By "north", I mean that the gps tracker is giving a guess as to which direction north is. It is not lining up the compass pointer with magnetic north, but rather where the gps software is telling it where north is. If the software has not been updated, it is nowhere near accurate. As far as your statement that the iPhone compass is accurate... I have one, and whenever i start up the compass app it points in a different direction every time, always off by a few degrees.
As stated by other posters... get a real compass for your experiment.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Pole shift is happening now.Anyone with half a brain who can research for themselves would know this.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Space_Lord

Pole shift is happening now.Anyone with half a brain who can research for themselves would know this.

That's a comment that is a little odd to make since pole shifts have never happened. I suppose you are referring to a magnetic reversal. It's funny how many people can't seem to get the difference figured out.

There is no clear evidence whether or not a magnetic reversal is happening at this time.

Is a pole shift happening now? Of course not. They are a figment of Hancock's imagination.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

And anyone with "half a brain" would spend £10 on a magnetic compass and proof it to themselves that the poles are where they should be.

Don't get me wrong I'm sure the poles will flip at some point in the future, just not today.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

That's a comment that is a little odd to make since pole shifts have never happened. I suppose you are referring to a magnetic reversal. It's funny how many people can't seem to get the difference figured out.

There is no clear evidence whether or not a magnetic reversal is happening at this time.

Is a pole shift happening now? Of course not. They are a figment of Hancock's imagination.

listen dude you are trying to disinfo other members which is unfair i ask immediate attention of staff here since
the magnetic north is called magnetic POLE..and when it reverse its SHIFTS so you can call it POLE SHIFT or MAGNETIC POLE SHIFT..what ever you call it..your purpose is to derail threads...you never post any data or evidence..i hope you receive some warning from staff..also you repeat the same rent page after page so that one time you remain unanswered

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
also stereologist you never contribute to this site since every thread you made was an epic fail and i can see that you are are driven by jelousy which is a very bad thing to do

shame

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

listen dude you are trying to disinfo other members which is unfair i ask immediate attention of staff here since
the magnetic north is called magnetic POLE..and when it reverse its SHIFTS so you can call it POLE SHIFT or MAGNETIC POLE SHIFT..what ever you call it..your purpose is to derail threads...you never post any data or evidence..i hope you receive some warning from staff..also you repeat the same rent page after page so that one time you remain unanswered

Just because you refuse to do research and refuse to learn is no reason to go running to the mods crying.

I did not make up these terms. Hancock made up the term pole shift. If you don't like it, then go complain to him.

As I stated earlier in this thread the only thing you are doing in your experiment is showing what a poor device you are using to obtain results. The precision of the device stinks. You see it move on a near daily basis because the device is really, really bad. Listen to the advice from many people posting in this thread and get yourself something that works.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Once again you are spamming your own thread. When people come to this thread and others they see nothing about the topic. They see whining and crying instead of information and on topic debate.

Can you explain to anyone why you are steadfastly refusing to use a compass or other magnetic device in your experiment?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join