It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Pole Shift Experiment - Is it Happening?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

You drunk, heineken?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing

You drunk, heineken?

couple of beer and some smoke

but its the truth pal...you ask your granddad if he ever wxperience all this happening together..and we are experiencing them now..getting closer to 2012..man get real and inform yourself or do what da f*ck u want..i dont care

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Haha okay man, drink up. Yeah there are a few strange happenings lately, and although i'm not really sure if anything spectacular will happen at the end of 2012, that doesn't mean I won't be prepared in some manner.

Have fun, mate.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
good luck bro..to you and your family

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
What a bizarrely hostile reaction to an incredibly straightforward response to your OP....

Originally posted by heineken
stereologist..if you think and come in here and impress me you are very but VERY wrong..i pee on your expertise and use your certificates to polish my arse...listen to me carefully..we have been warned thousands of years ago about this to happen,

Who warned of what? Evidence, please.

you have to admit defeat ...admit that the Mayan Culture was able to predict a Pole Shift once getting closer to 2012..

Defeat in what context? Just what do you think you've demonstrated in refutation of stereologist's posts?

NOW WE HAVE

ANNIMALS DYING

Wildlife dies en masse literally all the time.

www.nwhc.usgs.gov...

TREES DYING

Where? Under what circumstances? Source? Haven't trees died before? Over the last few decades, there have been rashes of tree deaths attributed to pestilence, disease, climate change, human-induced deforestation and perhaps some other factors. That ain't news, at least not in the sense that it just started for no apparent reason.

AIRPORTS SHUTTING DOWN DUE TO POLE SHIFT

Runways at various airports, depending on where they are located, are routinely shut down every one or two decades to round to the nearest ten degrees of magnetic north, which entails painting new numbers on the surface. This happens because the earth's magnetic poles are not static. They move. They have always moved.

Understandably, aircraft are discouraged from taking off and landing while runways are being painted.

MAN..GET OUT OF THIS THREAD AND LEAVE THE REST OF US INFORMING OURSELVES SO THAT WE MAYBE ABLE TO SAVE OUR LOVED ONES

If you want to save your loved ones, encourage them to eat healthy, exercise and avoid drinking and driving.

While drinking and posting is not harmful per se, avoiding it as well is possibly a simple matter of courtesy worth considering.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by UndeadDinosaur
What a bizarrely hostile reaction to an incredibly straightforward response to your OP....

- i will now use the same approach to you if you dont mind Sir

stereologist..if you think and come in here and impress me you are very but VERY wrong..i pee on your expertise and use your certificates to polish my arse...listen to me carefully..we have been warned thousands of years ago about this to happen,

- dude r u serious????

you have to admit defeat ...admit that the Mayan Culture was able to predict a Pole Shift once getting closer to 2012..

Defeat in what context? Just what do you think you've demonstrated in refutation of stereologist's posts?

NOW WE HAVE

ANNIMALS DYING

- Are you serious again???? ASK YOUR GRANDPA IF THIS IS NORMAL FOR HIM

www.nwhc.usgs.gov...

TREES DYING

Where? Under what circumstances? Source? Haven't trees died before? Over the last few decades, there have been rashes of tree deaths attributed to pestilence, disease, climate change, human-induced deforestation and perhaps some other factors. That ain't news, at least not in the sense that it just started for no apparent reason.

Runways at various airports, depending on where they are located, are routinely shut down every one or two decades to round to the nearest ten degrees of magnetic north, which entails painting new numbers on the surface. This happens because the earth's magnetic poles are not static. They move. They have always moved.

Understandably, aircraft are discouraged from taking off and landing while runways are being painted.

MAN..GET OUT OF THIS THREAD AND LEAVE THE REST OF US INFORMING OURSELVES SO THAT WE MAYBE ABLE TO SAVE OUR LOVED ONES

If you want to save your loved ones, encourage them to eat healthy, exercise and avoid drinking and driving.

- what do you think i have been doing noob

wanna fight pal??

While drinking and posting is not harmful per se, avoiding it as well is possibly a simple matter of courtesy worth considering.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Whatever lends buoyancy to your watercraft, sir.

- dude r u serious????

Yes. Are you seriously citing Hysteria Channel entertainment in defense of your position? I want evidence that anybody "warned" anyone of anything, and that such things can occur as described, not links to people just repeating the claims.

Do you dispute this data?

www.nwhc.usgs.gov...

If so, why?

Ah, the "noob" card. For some reason, I feel like I'm connected to a Bad Company 2 server while on the winning team....

If anything you believe about 2012, pole shifts or what have you is true, being fascinated with your own body is unlikely to be of much help to your loved ones. If you want to play superhero, it would behoove you to actually have an understanding of the issues that concern you on top of possessing the physical capacity to act, no? Since none of what you've said is true, however, I think my advice is far more practical in the context of achieving your stated goal. You and your loved ones are far more likely to suffer and die due to heart disease, cancer and automobile accidents, rather than a magical doomsday with no scientific basis.

wanna fight pal??

Only if by "fight" you mean "engage in a rational debate."

Magnetic North Pole Shift Affects Airports

Indeed, they always do. With the magnetic poles of the earth constantly moving, airports have to regularly update their runway markings, usually over decades, to the nearest ten degrees. Have you already forgetten what I explained to you in my previous post?

As an aside, be sure not to confuse "pole shift" with "pole reversal."

Also, note that your link is to "community-created content." Here is a slightly more informed article regarding Tampa International's recent paint job.

Hundreds of dead birds .... now in Taiwan January 8

Wildlife dies en masse all the time. Again, see the USGS-documented mortality events that I've now linked to twice. If you dispute that information and/or believe that current events are more significant than previous die-offs, please explain why and support any claims you make to that effect.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

So your pole shift evidence is based on the comments of fringe authors? Laughable. The date mentioned in the video 12/21/2012 is from the long count calendar that has no predictions associated with it. The predictions claimed by the fringe authors are just hoaxes they invented. In the video they claim that the calendar predicts the end of the world. That is simply an out and out lie. There are no predictions associated witht he long count calendar. The video claims that the Maya knew of the black hole at the center of the universe. That's a lie. It claims that on the given date there is alignment with the dark rift. Happens every year. The dark rift isn't even a single object. It is a collection of dense nebula which blocks the view of the Milky Way. The claim that the alignment happens only every 25,800 years is a lie. It happens every year. It was best in 1998. I've seen this pathetic video before and its a real stinker.

Not sure where this ludicrous claim about the Mayans predicting pole shifts originated. The Mayans never made a prediction about pole shifts or magnetic reversals. The Mayans did not know about these issues. No such events have happened in historical times or even close to historical times. Pole shifts have not happened in the last 200My.
Apparent and true polar wander and the geometry of the geomagnetic field over the last 200My

Are you serious again???? ASK YOUR GRANDPA IF THIS IS NORMAL FOR HIM

Just because you are unaware of this issue doesn't strengthen your position. It simply shows that you need to do more reading and learn about these types of events.

The rest of your post seems to be garbled as to what you meant to quote. So I will skip over commenting on it.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

listen dude..if you think that everything is fine and normal dont come to this site and go enjoy life

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I hope by now that you do understand that coordinates are based on their position relative to the rotational axes and not the magnetic poles.

I also hope that you begin to understand that pole shifts are a rejected concept. The idea was originally proposed by Hapgood to support an idea he had about an old map. That was before 1960 and the rise of the theory of plate tectonics. Pole shifts have been shown to be rare and slow events. Pole shifts are fast compared to plate movements. During a pole shift the rate is on the order of a meter a year, much faster than plate movements which are on the order of 10cm or less a year.

Pole shifts saw a resurgence in the fringe community following Hancock's book. Other hoax authors have followed suit despite the overwhelming evidence that pole shifts are slow events, rare events, and have not happened in the last 200 million years.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Your request for censorship is the same as admitting being wrong without being man enough to say it openly.

Thanks for admitting defeat even if you are afraid to say it.

Did you even bother to read the material I posted. I looked at the video you posted even though it was just poppycock
edit on 8-1-2011 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

I hope by now that you do understand that coordinates are based on their position relative to the rotational axes and not the magnetic poles.

I also hope that you begin to understand that pole shifts are a rejected concept. The idea was originally proposed by Hapgood to support an idea he had about an old map. That was before 1960 and the rise of the theory of plate tectonics. Pole shifts have been shown to be rare and slow events. Pole shifts are fast compared to plate movements. During a pole shift the rate is on the order of a meter a year, much faster than plate movements which are on the order of 10cm or less a year.

Pole shifts saw a resurgence in the fringe community following Hancock's book. Other hoax authors have followed suit despite the overwhelming evidence that pole shifts are slow events, rare events, and have not happened in the last 200 million years.

sorry but i cannot believe what i'm reading here..

" pole shifts are a rejected concept."

Pole Shift have been found they happened before on Planet Earth (our Planet in case you dont know)

Pole Shift happened recently to some planets of our solar system

Pole Shift happens also to the Sun

MSM is admitting a Pole Shift is happening now

NOW STOP TRYING TO SPREAD MISINFO ...10Q

edit on 8-1-2011 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Then don't believe. Learn.

Pole Shift have been found they happened before on Planet Earth (our Planet in case you dont know)

The magnetic poles move constantly. The magnetic poles reverse periodically, over geologic time scales.

Rotational pole shifts, ala Hapgood (and, more recently, crank author Patrick Geryl), don't happen outside of very specific circumstances (usually involving huge amounts of energy). If you'd like me to elaborate, I will.

Any body with a magnetic field is prone to occasional magnetic reversals. There was a possible axial reorientation observed on Europa, due to a massive ice sheet detaching and causing a rotational imbalance. Similar events are thought to have occurred on Mars and Enceladus long ago.

Earth has possibly reoriented to some degree in the past, as early as 800 million years ago, but these events are very slow in coming about. They don't happen in days, months, years or even centuries. 2012 the movie was not a documentary.

Yes, magnetic pole shifts, roughly every eleven years. The Sun is not a dipole, as is Earth, and it has a completely different dynamic.

No, you're simply confused. A "pole shift" (like the thing currently in the news that's making airports have to repaint their runways) is not the same thing as a "pole reversal." Also, a magnetic pole shift and a rotational pole shift are not the same thing.

The magnetic poles of the earth constantly move, whether there is a pole reversal underway or not.

Just because you don't understand something, doesn't mean it's "misinfo."

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Hi there,
I have had a real high quality compass blu tac to north for about a year now and I can report no deviation. Still pointing north so no pole shift here in the UK.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

" pole shifts are a rejected concept."

Actually you have no idea what a pole shift is. A pole shift was first described by Hapgood. It is not a geomagnetic reversal. So once again you are completely and utterly wrong. No surprise there.

The best known pole shift, or more properly called a TPW, is from 800Ma. No pole shift has occurred in 200My.

Since you seem to have no idea what a pole shift is here are some articles:
Apparent and true polar wander and the geometry of the geomagnetic field over the last 200 Myr

Combined paleomagnetic, isotopic, and stratigraphic evidence for true polar wander from the Neoproterozoic Akademikerbreen Group, Svalbard, Norway

Late Cretaceous True Polar Wander: Not So Fast

The last article is a discussion on an event from 84Ma that has been discarded as an error by the researchers that proposed the event.

Here's a few hints:
1. Pole shifts have not been observed on any other bodies in the solar system
2. The sun experiences magnetic reversals, but never a pole shift.
3. The MSM is not admitting a pole shift is happening. There are expectations of a magnetic reversal.

So please understand the terms before spouting off nonsense.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
more results coming in folks :

reading as at today 11-11-11

we had the lowest reading since started to monitor the N

here is the date table..which shows the time, and location of device

REMARKS :

As you can see the reading was going up and down but it seems we are hitting the lowest. What I believe is that if indeed a Pole Shift is happening will be hitting lower in the coming weeks

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

What I believe is that if indeed a Pole Shift is happening will be hitting lower in the coming weeks

Pole shifts are not happening. So you can't be measuring a pole shift.

The method you are using is so imprecise that it can't measure the magnetic drift either. Your method does not measure a magnetic reversal.

All you can measure is how poor your instruments are.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

more results coming in folks :

reading as at today 11-11-11

we had the lowest reading since started to monitor the N

here is the date table..which shows the time, and location of device

REMARKS :

As you can see the reading was going up and down but it seems we are hitting the lowest. What I believe is that if indeed a Pole Shift is happening will be hitting lower in the coming weeks

I suspect this is more to do with your local enviroment. Power lines .......

My compass is still showing bang on North and has been like this since I started monitoring the magnetic field 2 years ago.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by UndeadDinosaur

- dude r u serious????

NOW WE HAVE

ANNIMALS DYING

www.nwhc.usgs.gov...

TREES DYING

wanna fight pal??

Yeah I do PUNK!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join