It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Pole Shift Experiment - Is it Happening?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
We must admit that something strange it is happening and it is happening now.

All of us have been forced to believe that actually no , nothing is happening and everything is normal , when on the other hand we had increase in Volcanoes Activities, Temperature Anomalies, Floodings, Earthquakes and now even mass animal die off.

Since nobody is truly capable of giving off an explanation why all this is happening and why all this is happening close to the mystical 2012 date, me and my collegue decided to at least try and check one of main suspects which is the Pole Shift.

So our little experiment consists of an A4 size paper with printed to scale size Iphone 4 mobile which we put on the same tile everyday for North Pole reading with the Compass Software that comes with the Iphone which is after researched very precise.

I will update this thread with all the info while I welcome you my friends to come up with suggestion comments and ideas. Together we may discuss if a Pole Shift is really happening, what is expected from such a shift, if the Mayans were right all through after all etc.

Thank You for your attention!!

Here is a picture of our experiment :

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fd6c7a0cea6c.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/741b90362689.jpg[/atsimg]

First Results coming in

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a4836b7b3661.jpg[/atsimg]

will keep you up to date folks

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Get a real compass.

EDIT: Use both the Ipad (mybad, Iphone*) compass and a real physical compass for comparison.
edit on 7-1-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-1-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
sory buddy..its not an Ipad..its the latest Iphone with precise GPS and compass....this experiment is just for fun and maybe who knows somethings turns up....so dont be a turtle dude

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

I'm not "being a turtle" and I know it's for fun, but just incase something does come up, you would have used two devices for comparison (incase the other had a bug). That way, you won't cause unfounded hysteria when you find the poles reversed on your Iphone

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Please take into consideration that the magnetic North is moving as it always has been.

It has been estimated to be travelling 40 miles per year.

It will be interesting to see the results of your experiment if you could carry it out every week for a year.

Will it have shifted at the stated 40 miles or more ?

I'm guessing 40 miles

All the best

Red

National Geographic

link   
Uhhh you may want to use a real compass.

One with an actual magnet.

link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

now we clear

you know we saw the compass app and being bored at work thought its a cool idea (mmm and were in love with our new iphone
)

have a nice day!!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
so the lines placed day by day in the circle, do they represent north?

link   
also we got all excited with the first results just couldnt wait to share this you ATS

thought until we wait for further results we might discuss a Pole Shift which happened before to our Planet so its not ruled out it will happen again.

link   

Originally posted by fallow the light
so the lines placed day by day in the circle, do they represent north?

yes exactly!

since having a to scale Iphone printed and putting the sheet on the same tile we are sure that the Iphone is at the same location for the reading
edit on 7-1-2011 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

well i see that you have 2 lines (one for 6/1/11 and one for 7/1/11). the line seems to have moved?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by fallow the light

well i see that you have 2 lines (one for 6/1/11 and one for 7/1/11). the line seems to have moved?

it might be normal but seem encouraging does it ?

i'm eagerly awaiting more days to pass

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Hi
I will start today with a digital compass and with a (big) ships compass

Will put my results on monday

lets see what will get out of this

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

yes it does. since there are actually different points of north maybe the points on your graph with bounce back and forth between thous 2 lines? i really dont know what the hell im talking about but hey, iv been write before

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
here is the app we are using

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

when on the other hand we had increase in Volcanoes Activities, Temperature Anomalies, Floodings, Earthquakes and now even mass animal die off.

There has been none of the above. Volcanic activity has not increased. Earthquakes have not increased. Weather isn't any odder. Flooding is not more common. Animal tragedies are not more common.

You are starting with a series of mistakes.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Another mistake you have is that coordinates on the Earth are tied to the axis, which are stable. A moving magnetic pole does not change the Earth's coordinates.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

thought until we wait for further results we might discuss a Pole Shift which happened before to our Planet so its not ruled out it will happen again.

There have been no pole shifts in 200My. Even if one occurred today you would not be able to measure it with your device since the movement during a pole shift is about a meter a year.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Red_xi
Please take into consideration that the magnetic North is moving as it always has been.

It has been estimated to be travelling 40 miles per year.

When was this estimate done?

As far as we could know, this could just be a recent phenomenon and not a figure that would be accurate, say, 100 years ago.

Edit to add, I read the article and I don't agree with the assumption that the core is a magnetic form of molten iron. It's an interesting theory but people have really run off with it when the data to back that theory is sorely lacking. It's no surprise when they state they can't actually detect the magnetic field of this assumed molten iron core which is also magnetic. If it was really the source of all other magnetism around the Earth then it would be the strongest source, and they would be able to pick it up coming out of the ground. Molten iron, at least on the surface, is not magnetic. They're talking a lot of theoretical assumptions that were never proven.
edit on 7-1-2011 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join