It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Pope Benedict: God responsible for Big Bang and universe creation

page: 1
5
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Pope Benedict: God responsible for Big Bang and universe creation


www.news.com.a u

CHRISTIANS should reject the idea that the universe was created by accident, Pope Benedict said today, adding that God's mind was the driving force behind scientific theories such as the Big Bang.

"The universe is not the result of chance, as some would want to make us believe," Pope Benedict said on the day of the Epiphany, where the Bible says the three kings arrived at the birthplace of Jesus, Reuters reports.
(visit the link for the full news article)




posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

"Contemplating it (the universe), we are invited to read something profound into it: the wisdom of the creator, the inexhaustible creativity of God," he added in a sermon at St Peter's Basilica.

Many scientists believe the Big Bang created the universe 13.7 billion years ago. Although the Pope has previously spoken about evolution, he has rarely discussed scientific concepts such as this one.


This is interesting any ideas/opinions? Keep it civil please!

www.news.com.a u
(visit the link for the full news article)



posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Oh boy.. I don't think you should've started a thread like this



posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
And we should believe a pope.....why, exactly?

But this time I agree with the pope.

This universe was designed, no question.

There could not be random anomalies creating everything that dwells within this universe.



posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
This is the topic that absolutely blows my mind. No one knows the answer. Certainly not an old guy with a big funny hat.

I suspect the answer will never be found by us humans.

We should just relax and enjoy the blue marble as there is really no way to figure out the big picture.



posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Many scientists believe the Big Bang created the universe 13.7 billion years ago. Although the Pope has previously spoken about evolution, he has rarely discussed scientific concepts such as this one.


This is a good thing because the pope is not a [snip] scientist last time I checked.


Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.





edit on 7/1/11 by argentus because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Just look up



posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
If only we all had access to all the information inside the vatican. Come on pope, let us in on the real secrets please.




posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Hazz-14
 


They touch little boys.
Jesus had a homo erotic relationship with at least 1 male.

Thats about it for the good stuff "hidden".



posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
This is comparable to the little child who multiplies what they say by infinity thinking they cannot be proven wrong by doing so. By claiming God created the Big Bang, the Christians think they have now monopolized the discussion. If it will shut them up, I'm more than happy to allow them free time to believe such a delusion.



posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
The bible is a fairytale.... and I personally believe Hogwarts and Potter are more probable than the bibles attempt at reality

If god created the universe, the stars ,the heavens, man and all things around.

... wtf was he doing with dinosaurs in between?
Man came before Dinosaurs, but not according to the bible.

I'm confused, does that mean god created billions upon billions of stars and galaxies.. and only 1 human race?

religion is dying in the western world, and thankgod.

I will never teach my children of religion, not one word. If they chose themselves to read into it, good for them.



posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by q_ball



"Contemplating it (the universe), we are invited to read something profound into it: the wisdom of the creator, the inexhaustible creativity of God," he added in a sermon at St Peter's Basilica.

Many scientists believe the Big Bang created the universe 13.7 billion years ago. Although the Pope has previously spoken about evolution, he has rarely discussed scientific concepts such as this one.


This is interesting any ideas/opinions? Keep it civil please!

www.news.com.a u
(visit the link for the full news article)

I have always believed this to be the case... The Big Bang was discovered by a Catholic priest Georges Lemaitre...
Good one, bene il Papa!
Vicky



posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by yaphun
 


Could you please prove that Jesus was gay?

No, you cannot.

So please, don't state as fact something you don't have a clue about.

Not that I would mind if Jesus was gay. I just don't understand how you, alone in all the world, knows that.



posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
The bible is a fairytale.... and I personally believe Hogwarts and Potter are more probable than the bibles attempt at reality

If god created the universe, the stars ,the heavens, man and all things around.

... wtf was he doing with dinosaurs in between?
Man came before Dinosaurs, but not according to the bible.

I'm confused, does that mean god created billions upon billions of stars and galaxies.. and only 1 human race?

religion is dying in the western world, and thankgod.

I will never teach my children of religion, not one word. If they chose themselves to read into it, good for them.



If The bible is a fairytale So are other religions.



posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone
 


I got more backing jesus was gay then 93% of post on ATS.

The Secret Gospel of Mark for start.

The world would not know because the church would hide it .. because thats what the church does.



posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by q_ball
 


Absolutely!! God is also responsible for creating Gay people. Let's give credit where it is due.



posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by yaphun
reply to post by Hazz-14
 


They touch little boys.
Jesus had a homo erotic relationship with at least 1 male.

Thats about it for the good stuff "hidden".

Completely offensive bollices.
Nuff said.

Vicky



posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
If The bible is a fairytale So are other religions.


Indeed....They are all stories.

Everyone picks the one that they like.



posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32
 


Sorry you are offended, but it is my opinion and it is not like a super outlandish claim.
Would you also be offended if I said yahweh is the most brutal and unjust character in all of fiction ?



posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Hazz-14
 


All the monies donated to Catholic organizations do not go to relieve poverty or disease. They go to the Vatican. Remember Mother Teresa? Remember all those poor Indians whose suffering was showcased in her donation drives for the Catholic Church? They never received the money donated. It went to the Vatican. They were supposed to suffer and die. The church believed that was what they were there for. The church was not concerned with their earthly suffering and relieving it and their poverty. The were only concerned that they accepted Christ before they died. The monies donated in the name of those wretched poor could have built an entire modern city where each and every one of them lived in their own dwelling, but that did not fit the plans of the church.



new topics

top topics



 
5
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join