It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trying to find other mass bird (and other animal) death headlines from the past few years.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I don't buy what we are being told about this.

So I thought I would make this thread in regards to doing some digging.

If these bird deaths (and other mass-deaths) are common, then we should find a paper trail. So far I can't find anything - it's all dwarfed by current headlines.

Can anyone help out and provide older stories that match with what is going on? Thanks.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I'll be searching in the meantime.

What I have been finding, however, are things from 2010 like the honeybees and manatees dying off. These have plausible catalysts, however.

What's been going on the past week or two is something else...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
here are some birds and fish dying all in the name of a good cause
www.theaustralian.com.au...

loveforlife.com.au...

There are more .seek and you shall find.
edit on 7-1-2011 by 12voltz because: of the increase in umbrella sales

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Dead crabs washed ashore

This happened where I live right now - crabs getting hypothermia??? was it THAT cold? do crabs even get hypothermia??

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
they all say its natural, but a lot could be clever timing to cover their asses. a lot of money in getting rid of certain flying pests. either way, we need the few animals that arent going extinct, and i like fish and chicken, and not being bombarded with bugs

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I remember eons ago when the first bird threads were be posted! It was way back on Jan 1st-2nd about the (ended up being)5000black birds and starlings found in Arkansas (birds fell between new years eve and new years day). Then the fish. Now crabs and other sea life. It is scary and fascinating all at the same time! I don't think it's fireworks, fluke storms, other natural things. Except for the pole shift. That could play apart. Also the oil spill and/or govt. intervention probably play a major role in it as well!
edit on 7-1-2011 by Smokinmirrors because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by grifta
Dead crabs washed ashore

This happened where I live right now - crabs getting hypothermia??? was it THAT cold? do crabs even get hypothermia??

ANOTHER???

Wtf is going on????

Originally posted by 12voltz

loveforlife.com.au...

Ahh, here we go. But ok: Is there any record of something like this before 2000 even?

Thanks for the links.
edit on 1/7/2011 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Large deaths of birds and fish in a single place at different times, is not uncommon and different things could contribute to the problem.

The difference here is that you have hundreds and thousands of birds deaths all around the same time in multiple places world wide.

I'd love to see someone come up with an article where this has happened before.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by impaired

Originally posted by grifta
Dead crabs washed ashore

ANOTHER???

Wtf is going on????

Originally posted by 12voltz

loveforlife.com.au...

Ahh, here we go. But ok: Is there any record of something like this before 2000 even?

Thanks for the links.
edit on 1/7/2011 by impaired because: (no reason given)

Yeah, this started in 1995 in this particular area.
www.santacruzsentinel.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Hey guys just found this article on the Huffington Post "Mass Animal Deaths: The Creepiest Casualties Ever (PHOTOS)"

www.huffingtonpost.com...&title=Dogs%20Over%20The%20Bridge

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Check this out..
www.seagrant.umn.edu...

VHSV is a highly contagious disease that infects numerous species of marine and freshwater fish. The disease caused by VHSV was first described in European freshwater fish in 1931, but the virus wasn’t linked to the disease until 1963. Researchers found the disease in European saltwater fish in 1979. VHSV has since been detected in fish from Japan, North Korea, and both coasts of North America where it has been found primarily in saltwater fish. Beginning as early as 1988, Chinook and coho salmon, and steelhead returning to hatcheries in Washington were found to be carrying the virus.

A large freshwater drum die-off in the Bay of Quinte, Lake Ontario, heralded the arrival of VHSV into the Great Lakes system in May 2005. But the virus was infecting fish in the system at least two years prior to that; upon reexamination, muskies collected and preserved from Lake St. Clair in 2003 were found to be infected with VHSV. It is unclear how VHSV entered the Great Lakes syst

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
this might help ... www.wunderground.com...
here's a dozen recorded back as far as 1896

*** none global like we are seeing recently
*** none equating to the numbers reported
*** none occurring in multiple locations
*** and remarkably, not one reporting of 'blackbirds' specifically, or this particular species (even though the US govt is engaging in eradication operations to diminish the population by millions)

www.wunderground.com...
1. Baton Rouge LA: July 1896:
2. Worthington MN, March 13, 1904:
3. Shreveport LA, March 20, 1941: AP:
4. Pageland, SC, May 15, 1942:
5. New York City NY, September 11, 1948:
6. Warner Robbins Air Force Base, Georgia, October 7, 1954:
7. Eau Claire, WI, September 20, 1957:
8. Santa Cruz and Capitola, CA, August 18, 1961:
9. New York City, NY, September 29, 1970:
10. Winfield KS, January 22, 1998: MSNBC
11. Orlando, FL, August 17, 2001: Orlando Sentinel:
12. Sangongian village, Jiangsu province, China, February 3, 2004:

I certainly do not mean to derail this thread, however, you may want to peruse this link also.
as many of my prvs posts indicate, imho, our changing Earth is a contributor to this mass die-off (not just the birds)
Interestingly, after reviewing the above info, i also found this pdf of tectonic activity dating back to 1904 ... [pdf pg 4/5] mahabghodss.net...

surprisingly, i am noticing that for each of the events above, there are corresponding quakes (7 or above) occurring roughly 90 days prior ... (haven't checked all of them yet, but am amazed at what i'm seeing so far) ... also, i have not plotted the coordinates for comparison, this could be merely coincidence, or not.

i do think this certainly deserves further investigation, as our current tectonic rattles are more frequent and stronger than previously recorded years. Also, the NZ quake was a little more than 90+ days ago and we've had several 7+ quakes since. And let's not forget the monster rattle in Chile or the Gulf disaster ... all of these events are going to have 'collateral' effects.

so, i do hope the contributions help ... really hope the death toll has reached its limit (but i have serious doubts) and it is a personal desire that those along the New Madrid fault zone will heed Mother Nature's warnings.

oh, almost forgot this side note ... just wondering how many even know this event occurred in our history ... 1700 ft tsunami: www.wired.com... ... or ... www.pbs.org...

Lituya Bay, Alaska, July 9, 1958
Tsunamis generally reach a maximum vertical height onshore, called a run-up height, of no more than 100 feet above sea level. A notable exception was the 1958 tsunami triggered by a landslide in a narrow bay on Alaska's coast. Its over 1,700-foot wave was the largest ever recorded for a tsunami. It inundated five square miles of land and cleared hundreds of thousands of trees. Remarkably, only two fatalities occurred. In the wake of the Lituya tsunami, scientists realized for the first time that a landslide—90 million tons of rock in the case of Lituya—could produce a giant wave.

a good newcomers resource: pubs.usgs.gov...

one more just wondering ... how many of you are aware that the fault zones have been known to create 'negative gravity' fields? even if scared out of a roost, flying in a negative gravity field has to be a death wish. i'm not sure if such would inflict the damage they received but then again, perhaps there is more to this negative zone than we know. *** peace ***
oooops ... forgot this map: earthquake.usgs.gov...
*** note: during the hour before and the midnight hour of 12/31-1/1, the world absorbed 7 quakes.

edit on 7-1-2011 by Honor93 because: add map

edit on 7-1-2011 by Honor93 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-1-2011 by Honor93 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join