It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what the hell is going on with the fear mongering on this website?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by tim3lord

We want to stay alive long enough to see our children and their children survive and led normal healthy lives.

Knowledge = preparing well in advance.

Hahahahaha, you want to achieve that?? Honestly...well i wouldnt read the news and continue your 9-5 life, i'd start amassing an army and over throw every single western world government and never ever re-elect a government, then you might have a chance.

People read the news and see that birds are dying so its the end of the world, what are you all doing about it? Nothing,...your reading ATS.

Try to be proactive if you care that much about the lies your being fed
edit on 7/1/11 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

Quoted for the truth.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

im sorry did i miss something? has everybody lost the plot? yes things are bad but when were they ever good? come on people stop buying into the garbage and think. the world is not going to end enough with the dead birds already yes okay birds are dying so is everything else. dogs cats humans fish monkeys frogs. whats your point?

I do not think is fear mongering. It´s the fact that people trying to give some explanations about why that happened, since the official explanation is not satisfactory. Now, based on that, people will open threads and post their own theories.

The world is going to end at some point anyway. So a bit of speculation about how it´s going to end it´s not necessary fear mongering.

Peace
edit on 7-1-2011 by Seed76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

tsk. tsk. "What is up with the fear mongering on this site?" Why? Are you scared? I find this site informative, funny, insightful, and members seem to be intelligent and respectful of one another. It's important to use and make up your own mind. This site isn't about being spoon-fed propaganda. This site seems dedicated to actual information and discussing things. Yes, there are ideas that seem out there, some waaaay out there....but, why would that make you fearful? I feel the need to tell, you, "hush child, it's okay, you can go back to sleep now." Shhh!!!! It will allll be ok.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Its like a build up of lime-scale.

Overtime there is conspiratorial calcification of the mind-pipes !!!!

-----------

A substantial amount of high emotions funnel through this website, especially with the increase in new members . Many of which have only recently lost that `fuzzy feeling` for authority - no longer believing that those charged with their care have their best interests at heart.

----------

Personally, I have to take a break from ATS from time to time when it gets a little bit too much. Taking a few days away from the place breaks the spell. I now just read threads- only occasionally making any contribution.

More fascination - less fear.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I don't mind a little fear mongering - I like scary movies too. Everyone is here for something different, so as it should be. But on the other hand we do have way too many threads on the same subject and it makes it difficult to keep the info, dates and circumstances in order. Perhaps if there was a way for ATS to combine the threads - for this month any title with Birds would go under Birds - oh what the h*^L am I saying, I guess that wouldn't work. I am not afraid, I am not afraid - but I am highly informed and entertained. I love ATS!!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenofjacob

tsk. tsk. "What is up with the fear mongering on this site?" Why? Are you scared? I find this site informative, funny, insightful, and members seem to be intelligent and respectful of one another. It's important to use and make up your own mind. This site isn't about being spoon-fed propaganda. This site seems dedicated to actual information and discussing things. Yes, there are ideas that seem out there, some waaaay out there....but, why would that make you fearful? I feel the need to tell, you, "hush child, it's okay, you can go back to sleep now." Shhh!!!! It will allll be ok.

you should actually READ my posts before commenting. it eliminates the need for me to repeat myself. Which if you had been paying attention you would have known that the repetitive posting of things is why this thread was created in the first place. so tsk tsk to you.

Your assumptions about me aside im here to formally inform you that i fear nothing on this site. this is where i come for information and sometimes a bit of entertainment. stop projecting your own fears on to me.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
This forum is my island, my sanctuary on ATS. This is where things that really matter are discussed. I do like to stay informed, so I visit the other forums and sometimes I get sucked up into the votex which frequently is negative. Sometimes satire put's things into perspective. Hang in there everybody. It's all good. It's all part of the Divine plan. Steady as she goes and no worries. Peace & Love to you all.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by tim3lord
im sorry did i miss something? has everybody lost the plot? yes things are bad but when were they ever good? come on people stop buying into the garbage and think. the world is not going to end enough with the dead birds already yes okay birds are dying so is everything else. dogs cats humans fish monkeys frogs. whats your point?

edit on 7-1-2011 by tim3lord because: (no reason given)

This is probably nothing compared to how things will be next year with it being 2012 and all. It'll be like a proper circus in here.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
because things are not business as usual.

its obvious things are at a tipping point...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I both love and hate the term "fear mongering". I hate it because it's used in a condescending manner...either indicating that the person spreading fear is ignorant of the facts and just promoting what they've been told, or that they simply wish the population to run and hide. Most people who speak of the end of our civilization speak rationally, logically, and intelligently. But a few "bad apples" as it were have displayed us all in the same light.

I love this term, because DAMN RIGHT! I think one of the biggest problems with our society today is that peple feel no fear. We are arrogant, and believe that nothing can touch us. We relying on our technology and our medical sciences to keep us alive and connected to the world around us, and both these things have left us with this smug, superior attitude. The human race is not only due for a humble kicking of the teeth, but deserved of it. Our intellect comes with a responsability, and we are shirking our duties without blinking an eye.

Since this is philosophy, let me ask a question. What is the goal of every species on the face of this planet (dare I say throughout the entire universe)? Preservation of the specieis is hardwired into us as our primary purpose. First, through the saftey of the self, then through procreation and protection of the young. We should be smart enough to recognize that this planet works in harmony. Everything that lives on Earth is part of this planet's great ecosystem, and thus is nessecary. But instead of protecting this planet, we have raped and pillaged it for far too long. We cut down the rainforests for our own needs. We have hunted species to extinction, often for nothing more than sport. We pollute the air with noxious chemicals...don't you see the insanity of it all? We are a CANCER...destroying the host body in which we reside, and thus destroying ourselves. And for all our knowledge, and all our technology, we are at the mercy of the forces of nature. The planet will begin to fight us tooth and nail, and the planet will win.

None of this is meant to promote fear, but at the same time I won't say that isn't part of the idea. People are more likely to take action when they and theirs are directly threatened by an event. We lack foresight, and this will ultimatley bring the species to it's knees. And that's not speculation, but pure logic...greed will be our undoing, and I really hope that the reprecussions are not infinitley damning. And if you don't think it's possible for a species to simply be wiped from the face of the earth....well....when was the last time your saw a healthy, living dinosaur?

...and they didn't spend generations weakening their natural immune systems with chemicals...
...food for thought...

GtkP

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Posts/people that annoy me, and make me go like
and
and :facepalm::

- "Christian" psychobabble.

- "Prophecies". People posing as some kind of prophets.

- Extremism. Fundamentalism.

- People with no sense of humour.

- Constant bitching.

- People who dedicate their life to piss other people off.

- Small-mindedness.

- Prejudice.

Being an arrogant, aggresive, cynical a-hole isn't going to fill the empty hole that you call life. Kthanksbye.
edit on 12/1/2011 by Tryptych because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
It's got to be said: all this fear mongering on ATS is out of control and if it's allowed to carry on, people will almost certainly end up dropping dead from the sheer terror or rioting on the streets and tearing each other limb from limb. Frankly, I think it's too late to do anything about it - we're all doomed.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Robert Reynolds

we're all doomed.

..and here's another. Goddamnit, life isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Think about it: all this.. is it going suddenly just vaporize, huh? I think we're destined to explore space, continue to develop as a race, as individuals. The "system" may collapse. It's based on wrong things.

So please, lighten up a little.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Fear mongering...

Been going on for some time, and if you are an old hand at conspiracy theories as I and some of the others...you will realize it will never change. When I say old hand, I mean back to the last century...back in the days of Reagan, Clinton, and I imagine some here conspired during JFK and Viet Nam.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Fear mongering...I can remember when Clinton was going to let the NWO/UN take over America...or I expected to see UN vehicles driving down mainstreet after he took away the 2nd Ammendment. Or how about RG Stair..a preacher on shortwave radio that promised the nuclear demise of the US and under the vengeful hand of God. Then there was WACO and RUBY RIDGE...ah, the good ol' days of fear mongering.

Frankly...ATS is a conspiracy theory website and forum...yes, full of fear mongering. Complaining of fear mongering here is like going to McDonald's and complaining that they serve too many burgers.

However, ome true benefit is the news...find it here quickly with links and a quick assessment of the story and facts...and then the indepth conjecture of the "story within the story."

Good example is the recent deaths/assassination attempts of 3 seemingly random politicians and how there paths continually cross via legislation, funding, memberships to exclusive boards, investments,...and big mony deals.

Frankly, the US government and FBI would be so fortunate as to have a "think-tank" like ATS>

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone

Frankly, the US government and FBI would be so fortunate as to have a "think-tank" like ATS>

And what makes you think this ISNT?????

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

I hear you and ive been noticing it myself as well.

Everytime I read a "We are all going to die" thread I cannot help but imagine someone typing at a pc acting like this...

Its not all bad though, there is still some meat beneath all the bones and one line threads that pop up.
edit on 13-1-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

haha its funny you post that video i was on a flight not 4 weeks ago where a french national went bananas during turbulence. i shouldn't have laughed but i couldnt help myself.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
this current thread might shed some light .....

Be Prepared for the Cognitive Infiltration of ATS in the Wake of Arizona Shootings

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 13-1-2011 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join