It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what the hell is going on with the fear mongering on this website?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
im sorry did i miss something? has everybody lost the plot? yes things are bad but when were they ever good? come on people stop buying into the garbage and think. the world is not going to end enough with the dead birds already yes okay birds are dying so is everything else. dogs cats humans fish monkeys frogs. whats your point?

edit on 7-1-2011 by tim3lord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by tim3lord

We want to stay alive long enough to see our children and their children survive and led normal healthy lives.

Knowledge = preparing well in advance.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
The point is that this site, and sites like it are all about fear mongering. People get off on it. Personally, I get off on correcting people's grammatical errors. That's why I'm here.

If something happens that doesn't fall into the usual pattern of how things normally go, it's TIME TO FREAK OUT!!! AND FREAK EVERYONE ELSE OUT BY FREAKING OUT!!!!!

Good times.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Just think of the hyperbolic threads and statements as a litmus test to gauge how stressed the general population happens to be at any given time. Of course you have to factor in some localized variables - such as the Republicans taking over Congress, again, as well as other things - changes or situations that always cause people to get a bit twitchy. But, generally speaking, if you ignore content, and just track the number of hyperbolic threads and posts, it makes for a great indicator of just how well Mr and Mrs Joe Smith are doing.

For some reason, it seems, when the bills are stacked up, there is a fear of being laid off, and the car is nearly to the stage of repossession - people turn to the Internet and post ridiculous things. It's just a function of sociology. I suppose it's easier to say "Aliens touched my junk while I was asleep" than it is to say "I am scared to death that I am going to be broke, single, and living under a bridge soon."

I'm immune, BTW, because I am currently broke, single, and living under a bridge.

~Heff

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Hey Timelord
I'm pretty sure there is no plot
Mongering is a well established field with a long and illustrious history
I just find that I can read all this stuff without having to believe or disbelieve
Go on give it a go

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

People come here to vaccilate, and get worked up. It's a release. Others come for entertainment, or to feel superior, or admired, or enlightened. Everyone has their own motivation. However, fear, panic, and other intense emotional states tend to bring about circumstances which scratch everyone's itch, and satisfy the most people. Hence it is the norm.

If you're looking for something more calm and enlightened, I recommend a conversation with a wise and sophisticated person you know in the real world.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

We want to stay alive long enough to see our children and their children survive and led normal healthy lives.

oh the irony,

you think putting your body through the stress of potential extinction is going to make you healthy??? there are numerous studies out there that PROVE that the state of you mind will determine the state of your body. The placebo effect is real. meaning what you think you manifest.

what makes you think you have been guaranteed any longevity of life on this planet? who are you to be promised anything? these wake up calls only effect people like you the chicken little's of this world that run around screaming about falling leaves. do you know how many parents have died and left their children orphan through war, famine, sickness, accidental death and a variety of other causes NOT APOCALYPTIC.

to be fair fair i do come to enjoy a laugh or two, but for the most part i come here for breaking science. but you doomsdayers are scaring away the normal people. get a grip on yourselves and take your annihilation with some dignity for christs sake.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
The point is that this site, and sites like it are all about fear mongering. People get off on it. Personally, I get off on correcting people's grammatical errors. That's why I'm here.

If something happens that doesn't fall into the usual pattern of how things normally go, it's TIME TO FREAK OUT!!! AND FREAK EVERYONE ELSE OUT BY FREAKING OUT!!!!!

Good times.

its so funny because its true. what a bunch of sheep we all are. its like they are all waiting at the starting line just chomping at the bit to start running through the streets screaming " whe are all gonna die!!!! " to this i say no SH!T Sherlock. were you planning on living forever.

yes pollution is at an all time high.
yes war is killing people and animals
yes the governments are in collusion with megacorps to bleed us dry

its called progress its the price you pay to live the way you do. and its a choice you all make everyday. so stop crying about the very thing your causing. its your dam fault as much as the next person.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
It's a site dedicated to discussing issues regarding conspiracies, so ofcourse there's going to be a lot of fear mongering.

Myself? I come on here to read peoples bizarre tales and strange news.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by tim3lord
im sorry did i miss something? has everybody lost the plot? yes things are bad but when were they ever good? come on people stop buying into the garbage and think. the world is not going to end enough with the dead birds already yes okay birds are dying so is everything else. dogs cats humans fish monkeys frogs. whats your point?

edit on 7-1-2011 by tim3lord because: (no reason given)

So should we not investigate and try and figure things out then?

Ok, we'll just let the government and there "scientists" and "advisors" tell us how we should think. Great advice.

Oh crap, I just realized, I did that already and all I got was false information.

Back to thinking and researching for myself I guess

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

A greater question is why does the reactions of others bother you so much? People come here to in some way find a reason for the madness of it all .ATS is a place where you can discuss feelings that perhaps you wouldnt feel comfortable discussing with people you actually know personally. Actually your negativity bothers me.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Don't need someone trying to modulate my thoughts. Are you playing a 'cooler'.

Not gonna bother to check your posts. Just trying to be true to my own 'vibe'.

Thanks anyway.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I dunno, I think we need a few dozen more "oh # the birds and fish are all dying" threads.
Its like xmas all the time, I never know what I will wake up to here.. or how many threads will be made for the same subject when the new flavor of the day rears its head.

Seriously though, the good info outweighs the other stuff and repetitive threads.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

i dont give a flying monkey about what nutcases want to talk about on here. as far as im concerned all the lunatics can have a massive cool aide party. what does do my head is the repetitive number of new threads about the same dam subject that gets posted on the front page. what the hell is wrong with you people do you have the memory of a goldfish??? there are about 10 threads on the same subject all with different spins on the same thing.

its like a dam flavor of the month competition. everybody wants to jump on the bandwagon but doesnt have anything scientific or logical to add. AND IF BY SOME GRACE OF GOD SOMEBODY TRIES TO ADD SOME LOGIC TO THE DISCUSSION THEY GET CALLED DISINFO AGENTS.

also to those who say im negative. you bet your ass im negative if you are what passes for positive then you need a solid done of negative to bring you back to reality.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Hahahahaha, you want to achieve that?? Honestly...well i wouldnt read the news and continue your 9-5 life, i'd start amassing an army and over throw every single western world government and never ever re-elect a government, then you might have a chance.

People read the news and see that birds are dying so its the end of the world, what are you all doing about it? Nothing,...your reading ATS.

Try to be proactive if you care that much about the lies your being fed
edit on 7/1/11 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by tim3lord
reply to post by Advantage

i dont give a flying monkey about what nutcases want to talk about on here. as far as im concerned all the lunatics can have a massive cool aide party. what does do my head is the repetitive number of new threads about the same dam subject that gets posted on the front page. what the hell is wrong with you people do you have the memory of a goldfish??? there are about 10 threads on the same subject all with different spins on the same thing.

its like a dam flavor of the month competition. everybody wants to jump on the bandwagon but doesnt have anything scientific or logical to add. AND IF BY SOME GRACE OF GOD SOMEBODY TRIES TO ADD SOME LOGIC TO THE DISCUSSION THEY GET CALLED DISINFO AGENTS.

also to those who say im negative. you bet your ass im negative if you are what passes for positive then you need a solid done of negative to bring you back to reality.

I hear you... but then again we ARE on a conspiracy site ya know.
I have wondered why mods dont merge the numerous threads into one mother of all bird-pocalyptic threads. Perhaps they are hoping like crazy that something else comes along and these threads fall to 2nd page.

Well, until some sanity is restored.. as much as it can be restored here... or the Kool Aid runs out.. sit back, take deep cleansing breaths, and hope like hell monkeys or squirrels dont start falling from the sky. Youre not negative, we all need a little rant sometimes.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Call it fear mongering all you like, but the way I see it the more who read and learn what is going on, the more likely we can come up with a perfectly good explanation and hopefully a very good way of solving the issue/issues, and maybe just maybe the right person will read or hear about it and be inspired by what all the posters are talking about and get a brilliant idea.

If any of the posts you read do actually cause fear or panic within you...Then maybe you should pay attention to your feelings.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69
If any of the posts you read do actually cause fear or panic within you...Then maybe you should pay attention to your feelings.

thats my point it DOES NOT CAUSE FEAR OR PANIC IN ME!

only a deluded fool would NOT know the state the world is in. im surprised we dont have even mass mass deaths but i dont care it doesnt bother me. not because im apathetic but because there is nothing i can do about it.

this is the reality. if the birds are dying because the sun is outputting higher than usual levels of nutrinos or any other higher form of radiation thats killing the birds what are you going to do about it move to mars?????

IF and i mean IF the sh!t hits the fan then deal with it when and IF it happens. running about crying all day doesnt accomplish anything.

that is of course unless human tears have some sort of anti radiation properties.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Because fear is the only real feeling that's left in this world.The way things are people get numb.They don't feel anything anymore.
No love,no compasion,no happiness.Unless they are told to.The only thing that's left is fear.Is the oldest,maybe the first feeling humans ever felt.

OR

Life is so boring that we have to create a "monster" to chase us.Something that will raise the adrenaline.The excitement of being a victim.

OR

I'm in a really bad mood today.

Anyway there is always something that we fear.Dead birds,deadly viruses,evil aliens,WW3,end of the world.Anything to keep us busy from everyday problems.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Ah!..... the wonderful drama of it all....

Is it true ?..or not true ? ..this is the question ...

personally I just love a good truth bashing ...

it just keeps those beliefs from infesting my mind ....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join