It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What exactly happened to WikiLeaks? Have they been compromised?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
If the average citizen has the attention span of a flatworm, how is it the fault of the media or the government?

and just who do u think is spraying
those chemtrails ????

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
When Wikileaks go silent you know they are working on something.

they are going silent cuz their mission
was a success. Net Neutrality passed.
A new Shield Act is getting ready to pass.
Govs are clamping down on media in Hungary
to a $1M fine for biases. NSA got huge black budget
to upgrade infrastructure due to hacker threats.

yes wikileaks was a huge success

and with not 1 single ABOVE TOP SECRET
classification document being released.
edit on 1/7/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by saabacura
What exactly happened to WikiLeaks? It was at the center of the US media for few weeks but now it is completely dead. I thought they had leaks that would change the world. All they have released so far was something worthless.

What are they exactly doing now? Why have they stopped releasing the information? Does anyone know any new news from wikileaks and the new leaks???
edit on 7-1-2011 by saabacura because: (no reason given)

its worthless because you only read mainstream media and they tell you it is

go read some and tell come back here

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Snow and Dead Birds became more important...didnt you know that?

Who wants to hear about life altering lies ad decpetion by those we charge with our safe keeping when we can talk about fireworks killing birds and hypothermia killing fish?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Or maybe Assange cried wold one to many times and people just dont care about anything he has to say anymore. He constantly makes accusations about illegal activity, yet failes to provide information on it.

He is going after a bank that when the info is released, will piss of the people, yet he wont say anything else about it.

Assange is like a 5 year old with chest hair. Just wait, he will eventually thrown a tempertantrum because no one wants to cover him.

His supporters wanted action, and all they got was used.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by saabacura

Wouldn't you like them to filter out the personal info? It is the only thing the wolves can come up with to knock wiki.. They say wiki is putting people in danger.. I would prefer that they take that info out, and take away the govt's only striking point.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Mission Accomplished.

And we can add one more to the list....

This one is quite Orwellian -

The Obama administration is telling federal agencies to take aggressive new steps to prevent more WikiLeaks embarrassments, including instituting “insider threat” programs to ferret out disgruntled employees who might be inclined to leak classified documents, NBC News has learned.

As part of these programs, agency officials are being asked to figure out ways to “detect behavioral changes” among employees who might have access to classified documents. The memo was sent this week to senior officials at all agencies that use classified material.

cryptogon.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

What exactly happened to WikiLeaks? It was at the center of the US media for few weeks but now it is completely dead. I thought they had leaks that would change the world. All they have released so far was something worthless.

What are they exactly doing now? Why have they stopped releasing the information? Does anyone know any new news from wikileaks and the new leaks???

So in your opinion it's not important to know that the US is funding PEDOPHELIA in Afghanistan by buying young boys for Afghan Taliban leaders??? And you're paying for it with YOUR tax payer money???

I love your effort at downplaying all the WL revelations because it's kinda hilarious, but it's kinda sad to see someone so brainwashed, they are too blind to even look at the facts that are being presented

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Or maybe Assange cried wold one to many times and people just dont care about anything he has to say anymore. He constantly makes accusations about illegal activity, yet failes to provide information on it.

d

Actually, every single claim he made in cables has been backed up by FACTS. Contrary to the MSM like Fox, they actually bother to get evidence/sources.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I don’t think they have been compromised in the same way the OP is talking about as in government agents have got to them. They do have their founder under house arrest, they have been under constant attack on line such as stopping their paypal account and being removed from their server.

There are still leaks coming out, problem is none of them are as spectacular as the first week, the media only put on the news what is of public interest. If tomorrow it was to be leaked that Obama ordered the assassination of David Cameron it would be top news I know I am exaggerating but you understand my point. Once he goes on trial for sexual assault and/or releases the insurance file password then it will be back in the news.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
It's kind of funny how the capitalist concept works with the news as well. Everyone wants the next hot thing.... need need need....want want want.....It's a sickness and the only remedy is nature.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Let's see what happened while those pointless leaks went out.

*Net neutrality-
*The OK Sharia Amendment injunction is standing still with no date to revisit it-
*Our very own DOJ sued a school district over an individual's religious freedoms to attend a once in a lifetime religious pilgrimige in Mecca, and demanded their back pay and compensation-
*Food Safety Bill
*Our Government gave a sweetheart deal to BOA from Fannie Mae to "make up" for the panic struck over what (hopefully) is coming from Wikileaks.

Yep, Wikileaks has served thus far.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegoodearth
Let's see what happened while those pointless leaks went out.

*Net neutrality-
*The OK Sharia Amendment injunction is standing still with no date to revisit it-
*Our very own DOJ sued a school district over an individual's religious freedoms to attend a once in a lifetime religious pilgrimige in Mecca, and demanded their back pay and compensation-
*Food Safety Bill
*Our Government gave a sweetheart deal to BOA from Fannie Mae to "make up" for the panic struck over what (hopefully) is coming from Wikileaks.

Yep, Wikileaks has served thus far.

I think that this poster is partially right.

Either the above post is true, or the next leak will have to devastate/counter any bait and switch that could possibly happen during the hype.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

So in your opinion it's not important to know that the US is funding PEDOPHELIA in Afghanistan by buying young boys for Afghan Taliban leaders??? And you're paying for it with YOUR tax payer money???

I love your effort at downplaying all the WL revelations because it's kinda hilarious, but it's kinda sad to see someone so brainwashed, they are too blind to even look at the facts that are being presented

You are the one who is brainwashed. What authority is going to come down on the U.S. for its crimes against humanity, for funding pedophiles? And by the way, there have MANY pedophile cases in the U.S. already, all committed by high officials of U.S. government. Nothing that Wikileaks has truly been damaging or have measured up to the hype Assange and MSM has garnered. Oh wow, the U.S. is responsible for killing 66,000 Iraqi civilians -- who didn't know the U.S. didn't kill civilians? Where is the punishment for the crime? It's no where. People simply gasp and move on with their lives. The corruption of the U.S. government is all there for you to see if you research it yourself but most won't.

It is very hilarious that you think Wikileaks is going to change anything for the benefit of the people. It was pushed up to the spotlight in efforts to get more control on our lives. Nothing more.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Originally posted by Xcathdra

d

Actually, every single claim he made in cables has been backed up by FACTS. Contrary to the MSM like Fox, they actually bother to get evidence/sources.

Care to read my comment again and change your post? I never said any of it was false. What I said was he makes claims, but does not follow through with it. He has an insruance file that supposedly has damning evidence, yet he sits on it. He has damning evidence against a bank that would bring down the company, yet he sits on it. He constantly plays this game.. Dangle the carrot in order to drag his followers along. He creates anticipation in order to get what he wants by manipulating his followers.

FoxNews is more accurate and reliable than Assange will ever be.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
American Idol is ramping up to start again and everyone is waiting for that now.
forget wiki leaks that was so last week.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilJin

So wait...those people not being prosecuted for their crimes is somehow Wikileaks fault and they shouldn't have bothered even reporting it? That's weird "logic"!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I think you underestimate the amount of data they have...it takes a LOT of time to sift through it and make sure no one gets harmed because of some release. So far they fully succeeded and no one was harmed because of a WL release...but editing takes a ton of work and time, but I'm sure they're working on it as fast as possible. Keep in mind that the core team only consists of around 30 people. There's 250k cables in the last release alone!! Most of them in code language that takes even longer to decypher.

I'm sorry the speed of the releases doesn't please your preferred time schedule

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

bts, ur right
I forgot about that one.
thanks for the reminder

star 4 u

it seems to me that wikileaks
was just used a reasoning factor
for the implementation of further
Orwellian agendas.

That means conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Yes it has gone very quiet - which is precisely why I'm going to keep my eye on it. It's the things they hush up we're all here for. Main Line News is sure to tell us everything Yeah Right. All the Broadcasters/Reporters would like to continue collecting their paychecks - They do as they're told.

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join