It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egg Tarts Recipe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Ingredients A (Crust):

1 box of Betty Crocker Pie Crust Mix (Net Wt 11 Oz) or 1 frozen and rolled Pillsbury 9-inch pie crust
3 tablespoons melted butter
1/3 cup cold water

Ingredients B (Filling):

4 egg yolks
1/3 cup of sugar (or slightly less if you don’t like your Portuguese egg tarts too sweet)
1/3 cup of heavy whipping cream
1/3 cup of milk
3 drops of vanilla extract

Method:

Stir the pie crust mix, cold water, and melted butter until pastry forms a ball. On a floured surface, roll the dough and cut it into 12 balls. Set aside.

Use an electronic hand beater to blend Ingredients B. Beat for about 3 minutes and strain the filling through a strainer. Set aside.

Preheat oven to 400 F. Butter the muffin pan.

Flatten the balls into small rounds and fit them well into the muffin pan by pressing firmly on bottom and side (do not over stretch). Fill the pie crust dough with the egg mixture (about 80% full).

Bake the Portuguese Egg Tarts at 400F for about 15-20 minutes or until the filling turn brown.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Lafaso870

wow i didnt even know there was a food and cooking topic .. ima try that recipe

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Sounds good and seems pretty easy to make. Only thing is, here where I live there are no such products available for pie crust so I will have to do it the old-fashioned way by scratch. I suppose puff-pastry dough would work but give you a little different result.

Thanks for posting.

join