It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FACT CHECK: Mass bird, fish deaths occur regularly

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tsuki-no-Hikari
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

These events are deaths. Extinctions are deaths. How exactly is that apples and oranges.

Extinction is death of a species for ever. You are beating around the bush.

And this argument actually works against. Yes. There are still birds in the sky and fish in the sea. This is exactly why this isn't a big deal. If they were going extinct, I'd be worried. But this is still just a small subset of the population in isolated places.

Ahhh. More beating around the bush.

Will continue tomorrow.. Bed time.
edit on 1/6/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

From the link above:

Roberts tells the fate of migrating Lapland Longspurs on the night of March 13-14, 1904 which 'was very dark but not cold, and a heavy, wet snow was falling with but little wind stirring. Migrating Longspurs came from the Iowa prairies in a vast horde, and from 11 P.M. until morning, incredible numbers met their deaths in and about villages by flying against buildings, electric light poles and wires, and by dashing themselves forcibly onto the frozen ground and ice.' In Worthington, Minnesota, an attempt was made to compute the numbers lying dead on two lakes with an aggregate area of about two square miles. 'A conservative estimate showed that there were at least 750,000 dead Longspurs lying on the two lakes along!' The total area on which dead migrants were found covered approximately 1,500 square miles."

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Damn, I have to requote this:

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

reply to post by aoi3610

I haven't seen anywhere near 100 reports. Where in the world are you getting this?

*sigh*

I give up. People are do determined to believe that, somehow, anything that happens when they are alive is special. This planet has seen more mass deaths than people could even begin to comprehend, and yet a few birds die and people go insane over it.
edit on 6-1-2011 by Tsuki-no-Hikari because: (no reason given)

You give up because I just proved you and that link wrong. The botulism case in Canada in 1996 was over the course of months. Not one night. Botulism is a slow death. Not all the birds died at the same time, as happened in Arkansas.

Like I said, apples and oranges. 5000 birds in one night does not equal 10,000 birds in one season.
edit on 1/6/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

The evidence you provided in your OP is, indeed, apples and oranges. Dude, it's not just Arkansas, it has happened all over the world in the course of 1-2 days. How is this "common"? South Korea had their share of dead birds too...

I think people aren't trying to say this is "uncommon". What they think is "uncommon", is everything happening at the same day.
edit on 6-1-2011 by Gab1159 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
If it's such a regular occurrence why haven't I or anyone I know experience such an event? None of my family, friends or co-workers have seen anything like this. I have seen the past die offs in the news over the years but that peaks my curiosity more. If they have occurred before then an alarm should go off because of the recent obvious increase in activity.

There is nothing normal or regular about mass amounts of anything dieing at the same time regardless of how much they occur, especially in the manner that most of these animals died.

edit on 6-1-2011 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

Bull# the only reason you are hearing about this is because the mainstream media decided to run with it.

Blame crazy people they eat this # up.

Take Kirk Cameron for example
news.google.com...

(Yes the douche side kick of the atheist worst nightmare = a banana idiot)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsuki-no-Hikari

750,000 birds... wow, I think that meets his requirements of 5000 about 150 times.

It is easier to find these events if you use the "advanced search" by Google.

www.google.com...

Do a regular search, but in the "unwanted words" box put things like "2011 Arkansas Sweden" and it will not show the recent bird issues.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by yaphun

Actually you are wrong... No where in the MsM have i seen any story which mentions more than a few of these situations, when in reality there have been more than 16 in the span of now 6 days

If the MsM is running with this,,, they are doing a very poor job of running with it

The only ones reporting all of these are local news outlets

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

In his link, it clearly says stuff like this happens every other day in North America alone. I wouldn't doubt it happens every other day in China, in Europe, Australia, etc.. Pick a day to report it on the media and you got your self a frenzy of rumors about the end of the world.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

What people are doing is making this out to be a world-changing event. Maybe there were a few more NOTICED events the past few days, but that doesn't mean this is anything more than a coincidental cluster of otherwise normal animal deaths.

Here's another thing to consider:

Using the CIA World Factbook's numbers, there are roughly 6,700 human deaths in the USA alone every day. If the media started reporting these numbers (we'd be at nearly 47,000 after one week), I'm sure they could spin it into something scary as well...

"6,700 People Dead Since Yesterday"
"Scientists Probe 47,000 Deaths in Past Week"
"Death Toll Continues to Rise: 200,000 Lives Lost in June"

I'd love to see what kind of topics would pop up on ATS if the media actually started doing that. Big numbers are scary, and the media loves to use big numbers.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by yaphun

Actually you are wrong... No where in the MsM have i seen any story which mentions more than a few of these situations, when in reality there have been more than 16 in the span of now 6 days

If the MsM is running with this,,, they are doing a very poor job of running with it

What are you talking about... CNN is reporting it. Fox is reporting... all the MSN is reporting it. That is enough to create a frenzy that we see.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

CNN has at least 2 stories that I seen.
I have not seen if Fox has .. but I am willing to bet they have a few things to say about the apocalypse that is sure to follow.

Saying they are running with it was probably wrong of me, what I should of said is they are doing a piss poor job by not explaining this is not abnormal. also saying things like birds died by trauma without taking 5seconds to explain birds flying into # would causes internal bleeding is not helping.

The mass of people get scared easy, and a scared person ability to think logically and rationally is pretty much nonexistent .

It is the reporters job to explain things so people understand what is really being said.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by yaphun

You know the saying about putting the frog in boiling water and slowly raising the heat until he's cooked without the frog even noticing? If not you might want to look it up.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
according to skeptics tons upon tons of fish (same species) washed on shore within a few days is natural and thousands of birds (same species) being found dead crushed in mid flight is also natural..just keep your head buried in the sand everything will be okay
edit on 6-1-2011 by primetime2123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by yaphun

What are you talking about... CNN is reporting it. Fox is reporting... all the MSN is reporting it. That is enough to create a frenzy that we see.

I watched CNN today and they didnt mention half of what we have seen on here..

If this is so common then why did the feds come out in toxic suits?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

I know this story, and I also know that it is incorrect. The frog will try to jump out if the water gets to warm.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by yaphun

CNN has at least 2 stories that I seen.
I have not seen if Fox has .. but I am willing to bet they have a few things to say about the apocalypse that is sure to follow.

Saying they are running with it was probably wrong of me, what I should of said is they are doing a piss poor job by not explaining this is not abnormal. also saying things like birds died by trauma without taking 5seconds to explain birds flying into # would causes internal bleeding is not helping.

The mass of people get scared easy, and a scared person ability to think logically and rationally is pretty much nonexistent .

It is the reporters job to explain things so people understand what is really being said.

They are not mentioning even half of the cases I have chronicled on ATS...

CNN IS doing a piss poor job of reporting on it...

When they mentioned dead fish, they mentioned AR, MD, UK, and NZ... They failed to mention TX, FL, LA, Haiti etc...

Same with the birds... they are NOT doing their research...

and if it were so normal... then why are these federal people picking them up with toxic suits on?

edit on 6-1-2011 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

reply to post by Gab1159

What people are doing is making this out to be a world-changing event. Maybe there were a few more NOTICED events the past few days, but that doesn't mean this is anything more than a coincidental cluster of otherwise normal animal deaths.

Here's another thing to consider:

Using the CIA World Factbook's numbers, there are roughly 6,700 human deaths in the USA alone every day. If the media started reporting these numbers (we'd be at nearly 47,000 after one week), I'm sure they could spin it into something scary as well...

"6,700 People Dead Since Yesterday"
"Scientists Probe 47,000 Deaths in Past Week"
"Death Toll Continues to Rise: 200,000 Lives Lost in June"

I'd love to see what kind of topics would pop up on ATS if the media actually started doing that. Big numbers are scary, and the media loves to use big numbers.

what about 5,000 people found dead due to being crushed in the same spot ? or how bout 2,000,000 people being found dead in the same spot ?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by primetime2123

If you had actually bothered to look at any of the links posted in this topic, you'd see how normal it is.

Umm...maybe because decomposing dead things are a health hazard? Maybe they don't know the cause of death yet so they want to take precautions against potential diseases or toxins?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
double post

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

This count ?
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

If you had actually bothered to look at any of the links posted in this topic, you'd see how normal it is.

Umm...maybe because decomposing dead things are a health hazard? Maybe they don't know the cause of death yet so they want to take precautions against potential diseases or toxins?

its not normal at all..being crushed is not normal..neither is the same species of fish and birds dropping dead in the span of a few days and ignoring stuff like this is a dangerous position to take...if people ignore it then they think it is no big deal..then bad stuff can happen
edit on 6-1-2011 by primetime2123 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join