It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FACT CHECK: Mass bird, fish deaths occur regularly

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wowbagger
I'm wondering if the possible over hyping that is occuring is not similar to the advent of google on people panicking over personal health. You know, patients arriving to the doctor's office with a self-diagnostic. Same could be said with the BP catstrohpe. Internet hype rapidly brought it exaggerated proportions.

How do you hype a CATASTROPHE?!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by PhantomLimb

by saying it will kill everything in the ocean, mass extinctions etc

oilmageddon now the aflockalypse, i wonder what the panic merchants will be crapping their pants about next?
edit on 8-1-2011 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ScarletNyx

Then why is the media trying to kill the story?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

what do you mean by killing the story? interviewing experts in the field and asking their opinion? its called reality

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101

by saying it will kill everything in the ocean

edit on 8-1-2011 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

During the height of the 2010 oil spill, the dangers of BP’s unprecedented use of nearly 2 million gallons of chemical dispersant, Corexit came under fire from the EPA and scientific community. Now the fears of scientists on the deadly disaster are becoming an environmental nighmare.Sunken oil is covering patches of the sea floor like black toxic blankets, smothering the sea floor and the ocean life that depends on it.

BP oil spill: Deadly blankets of sunken oil smother Gulf floor
edit on 1/8/2011 by PhantomLimb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=10277141#pid10277141

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Here is the one thing that get's me about the argument that this happens all the time, and usually it's in places with little to no population.

This being the case, then there are probably even more bird and fish deaths than we can even imagine, most are just in unpopulated areas such as forests or fields.

Wouldn't that make things even worse?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The only media killing the story is the US media, the rest of the world isn't so gullible. This is not a natural event and if you think that it is you are seriously beyond help.

You do realise that all the areas around the world, including the US, where this has happened are now listed as Bio-Hazards on the world emergency and disaster report. Arkansas is experiencing another earthquake right at this very moment-

See for yourself, or keep the blinkers on, who cares -

Link to RSOE EDIS site

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

Look, you could very well be right. I just think that every avenue should be explored and no stone unturned. Also, I like to play devil's advocate a lot.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

Even an expert opinion could be wrong. You know that. It's happened plenty of times before. But I would prefer to believe that this is all naturally occurring. I'm just not quite sure.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

did you hear they found the cause of the 500 doves that were found dead in italy? you will be very disapointed.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I once read that every species on the planet adheres to a paticular frequency...

Does that mean sound? Or energy? Can someone clarify that?

Does it mean that these deaths could be some kind of targeted attack test from some new satellite technology, on a frequency that adheres to aviary life?

Is the frequency specific, differentiating between a dove and a pigeon? Or is it merely, bird, fish, cat, dog, etc.

I'm asking because I know we test cosmetics on animals, drugs on animals, perhaps this is testing a device on an animal species, before it's introduced to... humans?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Just wanted to ask if anyone knows why the Mass Deaths google map has not been updated for 4 days? I know it must be missing at least 3 or 4 new reports.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
thousands of alewives die in chicago every year that is true, something about the water temperature change and mating season. but how do you explain thousands of birds suddenly dropping out of the sky at once? and 100,000 ducks dying of botulism...did they all die at once like these cases? if not then its not the same thing and should be investigated and not dismissed as a regular occurence.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

I need a link, please. I can't find this info at all.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

Italian press today are reporting they apparently died from over eating sunflower seeds which damage their liver & kidneys. The sunfower seeds are a waste product from a nearby factory producing sunflower oil. Other types of birds that ate the seeds have stronger digestive systems ( and maybe more self control) which allows them not to be harmed by the seeds. Theyre still doing more tests but also say these types of doves are more vulnerable to cold weather than other species so it may be a combination.

LINK

edit on 9-1-2011 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Finally someone on ATS who is of stable mind and can find the facts. Of course thee things happen often and in some cases less than they did in the sixties.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

How do you hype a catasphope? You don't you hype a small event and make it sound like one.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by aoi3610

It's called media sensationalism.

If the media reported every negative thing that occurred every day, you would think the end of days has come.
So much goes on that isn't reported.

For example the other day on my way home I drove past a crime scene, with at least half a dozen police cars and police tape pretty much cordoning off an entire residential block. Police had their cameras out and all that sort of stuff.
Yet there was nothing on the news that night, nor was there anything on local news sites online.

What's happened with these animal die offs, is that someone thought it would be a good story with the first incident, then they found more incidents and reported on them too.

Just because they've reported on them now, doesn't mean such events haven't happened in the past.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Makes me wonder if HAARP is involved
especially when massive 'holes' appear in the Earth's magnetosphere without any apparent reason. science.nasa.gov...
Hmmmm.....

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23 >>

join