It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FACT CHECK: Mass bird, fish deaths occur regularly

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Why do our positions always go to the extremes? Reading through most of these posts either "the world is ending" or "it is just a normal thing" funny that these 2 positions both come mostly from the posters who say "this is normal".......if you find it odd you are labeled as thinking the world is going to end. I went throught the USGS link........the only useful thing about that link was to show that what is happening now IS different. Also, testing is going to take a week or so........so the only thing we can say for now is it's weird.......because it is weird. News agencies actually reporting the die-offs........birds dropping out of the sky.......fish, crabs washing up......all around the same time at a bunch of different places in the world. It's a weird situation which I think definitly deservse some attention. Should we just ignore what is happening today because somewhat similar conditions have occured prior? What if it leads to discovering that the water or soil is heavily contaminated in areas that would eventually affect us humans? Remember, none of you know frig all......your opinions and specualtion are just that, opinions and specualtion.

In my OPINION, this is a weird event........and we should keep an ear to the ground to see what comes of it. If it turns out to be a regualr, everyday normal thing (nothin special bout dis mutha f*ka!).....right on. If it is something fishy.....then it should be addressed. I would rather err on the side of caution, personnally.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

The USGS website is very informative, in particular because it shows that practically every single mortality incident up to the RWB incident in Dec 2010 was less than 100 individuals. I like others am still waiting for one of the "nothing to see here" folks to demonstrate a precedence for this type of event.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Buddywhatshisname

Well said you have stated alot better and i agree with ya

and also if the Mass bird, fish deaths occur regularly why haven't we heard about the massive deaths last year or two years ago if this is normal?

Why haven't birds dead on July 4th? and why haven't Canadian geese died on canada day due to fireworks eh?
i just don't believe the medias explanations of the deaths, like the fallen birds died after they hit a truck? wheres the blood? cold temps killing fish why isn't the cold temps killing the fish up in Ontario.

Well its time to people to wake and stop believing the mainstream media.
edit on 7-1-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-1-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Buddywhatshisname

These events should be followed for these and other reasons. Media is not blowing this up, at least in my area (that being northwest Arkansas).

The fact that "trauma" has been stated as the cause for many of the bird events (and disease and/or poisoning have been ruled out), is enough reason to pay attention. That does not seem the typical cause of "normal" kills.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

what's the point you all know you're right. you've given up on listening.
edit on 7-1-2011 by optimus primal because: previous paragraphs were useless when thought out because of refusal to even think.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The way I see it, we need information that's going to come back from the tests next week before we start screaming "ZOMG 2012 POLE SHIFT". This also doesn't mean that this is normal, however, it's very possible that this may be just a strange set of weird things happening at once. The nature of ATS is to go crazy about stuff like this, after all we are a year from 2012. However, the "pole shift" that is occuring currently has been happening steadily for thousands of years, in fact, a steady pole shift is something that has constantly occured on our planet, so unless something starts dramatically accelerating, then I don't think it will cause any drastic calamity. The reason why that this myth about a "worldwide pole shift/end of the world" scenario is because it was in such films as 2012, however, there is really no hard scientific evidence backing this claim.

On top of that there is ZERO evidence that the mass deaths are linked to any type of pole shift; the only article I've seen linked to this theory is from a fear mongering pole shift website. Not exactly unbiased. Irregardless, I think this could be a concern but we need to WAIT until we have some tests to back up our data before screaming DOOM. We still don't know all about our planet; the fact is that mass deaths have happened before; who's to say it's just not a natural occurance that's just hitting us hard now? Until we have some studies to back up the things are discussing, screaming doom has ZERO credibility. Let's hold our horses.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I am not sure about the cause for all these bird deaths, but this article explains clearly why the birds and fish died in Arkansas.

Fracking the life out of Arkansas and beyond

Stealth

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by thewholepicture
Ok, let's check some facts then.

So birds die by the hundreds at different times in different places regularly? Ok, I'll take that.

Now show me where this happens regularly through out the world in a short span of time.

You might want to estimate it from this link: www.nwhc.usgs.gov...

..Those statistics are from US only - it is well possible, that this has gotten so much attention now, just because it has gotten so much attention now..

Never before have people been sitting in front of their computers, waiting to link one bird mass death to another - because never before we had computers and internet that could transmit the news around the globe so fastly.

Personally this struck me as odd, and something obviously connected to something, but now that I saw the statistics I will have to rethink my position...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus primal

well, in that case, why even believe these creatures are dead? i mean the MSM reported they are dead, and obviously we can't believe word one from them right? right?? it's funny how so many of you will pick and choose what you will and won't believe from the MSM. bunch of hypocritical bs is what that's called. half of this thread is a huge circlecrank of the "believers" massaging each other's egos about how right they are and how evil the msm is.

meanwhile some people are trying to put some sense into your heads by giving you alternative explanations that may indicate it's a naturally occuring thing. what happens? everything from disinfo agents to escalating demands for proof of same. FROM A BIOLOGICAL SYSTEM
jesus even the flu doesn't cause everyone to react in the same way, yet you demand that those asking for some intelligent caution produce proof of identical die offs.

it's just sad how many of you think you're so damn brilliant and yet are so very ignorant and childish. a perfect example of the greater problems within ATS lately.

we can't believe word one from them right? right?? it's funny how so many of you will pick and choose what you will and won't believe from the MSM. bunch of hypocritical bs

Its our right to believe what we want to believe and another thing did you even bother to notice how every news networks jumped on the bandwagon to blame the deaths on either fireworks, massive trauma or others.

Without releasing them on the web? example lets say someone wants to release a source of info but they cant due to pressure.

everything from disinfo agents to escalating demands for proof of same.

don't even go that line, has the news networks ever posted something of proof? nope

optimus primal i hope you understand that our news networks are been controlled by different structures of power, its funny you don't see the news media ever questioning there credibility.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by aoi3610
You've had near that many in the last 7 days!

Nonsense. We've had about a dozen reports, one spurred on by the other. I remember an earthquake we had when I was in high school. The building was evacuated because the cautious school officials were afraid the building might fall down. When they finally let us back in there was much ooing and awing over a couple of cracks in the brickwork. Of course, they had been there for about six years and were a result of the building settling when it was built that many years ago.

It's kind of like when you get a new car and suddenly see everyone else with the same model. You never knew there were so many on the road. Well, now you're paying attention.

The world is not coming to an end. Thank you, OP, for a much needed dose of sanity and reality on this issue.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

i don't watch the news anymore, it's a corporate shill zone. however, if we listened to you, we'd cherry pick everything we wanted to believe that confirmed something we already beleived. that's called confirmation bias. you will believe the msm when they tell you several thousand birds died. but in the next breath, not how they died. which is it? what do they gain by lying about that? how about this one....how have they lied? so far as i've seen from the threads on ats about it, they, for once, have reported nothing but the facts going so far as to clearly state more tests are needed.

but hey you know the truth right? everyone elses opinions are just bunk and disinfo right?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Yes folks, don't worry about this because the mainstream media said that it's nothing important. Just go back to sleep or go watch ESPN.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Ducks dying of botulism. These birds are falling from the sky dead. There's a huge difference here I think.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Very honestly I'm just gonna say flat out...this is the most immature thread I have ever read.

Come on guys.

Person 1: LOOK AT THE DEAD ANIMALZ WE R DOOMED

Person 2: NO LOOK THIS HAPPENS ALL THE TIEM! WE R OKAY

Person 1: PROOF IT

Person 2: *Gives Some Proof*

Person 1: NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

Note: I mean that in the nicest way possible but judging by the first 4 pages...it's just fighting over if we are going to die anytime soon.

How about we live and let live. Nothing we can do but worry.......or not worry.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
ok, srry for the length, from the heart
i did a fact-check, and if the two posters that were so desperately defending their positions would like to have a peacable thought out, emotionless argument, i would be most obliged. we know that mass flocks of birds (like locust) make them dagnabbin farmers so darn ticked, ill tell ya what. now they have been getting rid of these birds since we started cultivating. long since forgotten in america, i think. now. every year, there will be bugs/biruses, there will be weather, there will be shootings, they will starve, die of thist, or just get thrown into the ground after a microburst and simultaneously die.

thats not to say, however, that EVERY event is natural, and usually there are some very unnatural circumstances. now of all of the ones in past occurence still seem to be unnatural at times. thousands to lead poisonings, botulin.(did us gov have butulinium in a lab at that point in time),the hundreds of planned kills that they do to protect the ever dwindling food crop in america. they (usda) made a poison to fight these swarms of birds, and using the example of starlings are very aggressive, and could be seen as a migratory invasive species
(drc-1339)
now in 2009 usda used this and caused thousands of starlings to fall from the heavens in jersey. it was exactly like the recent events, and the poison wasnt in the stomachs of the birds, it gets extreted back out 3 days before death, and causes bleeding and clotting of their chest cavity bc it forms over several days, then eventually the kidneys (the kidneys are a big clot at this time, meaning their heart will stop) fail

while weather kills anything it wants to on this planet and happens most days, now i think people are waking up to the fact that, well...its the perfect cover to kill a bunch of #. if it happens on occasion, and happens to be happening in other places at the same time (or with a different animal or species)then the usda gets to prebait, and poison

ive seen it done first-hand, been walking around in hazmat suits to do cleanup, and its just so massively effective. we have to acknowledge that things die a lot, but i also believe a few other people and think that it is a bit much right now. i believe they are using 2012 to spook a lot of things through, or they are using the fact that it is a really bad winter as grounds to get rid of these little pests. after newjersey 09, they were finally exposed, and the dozens and dozens of similar events that happened leading up to it, testing and restrucuring the poison were much smaller kills, but still used where the farmers/ranchers needed some gone, the catch was that you dont talk to anyone about what they did, bc its still a work in progress. it sounds a little out there, but is just plausible as hell if you follow the money.

there are a lot of people that havnt experienced these secrets )we were just careful, i mean rlly) so they will have to go on tthe information that is given to each and every one of those people out there. there are some that use their head, and actually have a well placed passion, but most just think this is the cool thing to do right now, hold fast, as they will grow to replace us soon enough

i dont have proof, i cant say that i helped poison the birds in arkansas and louisiana, or the ones in canada and the midwest, but i can tell you that it does happen veeery often, but there are so many that are done intentionally and fit the bill of natural death perfectly.

there are a lot of fear mongerers, but there are also a lot of skeptics, there are people who are just confused, and therefore melleable, you see? there are also some that think in money, ie mining in arkansas where there is such a massive vein, that the thought of money overrifes the fact that they know it is a fault. its true that the internet is somewhat anonymous, but your spoken word isnt, and should be what you use to define yourself, no? its in the delivery, and if your words dont respect someone, they wont respect you.

cant we make the compromise? the farmers where these birds died are gonna be PSYCHED. thats the optimism involved with mass poisonings, they see the food as some sort of compromise to # with individual areas animal species, and that is the dangerous part.

-agreeing with two soomewhat patient hardheads (not in an offensive way at all, trust me) almost constantly
-agreeing with a few from the other side, mostly for different reasons than the argument, but mostly because..
-its a common thing to happen---its becomming more common with more seemingly man-made deaths.
-we are good with poisons, being the u.s. i am inclined to believe. they really cant lose face right now with so many people winding up to 2012, it would be disasterous, but they also need food, especially now. the world needs food

-william murderface'murderface'murderface

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Ducks dying of botulism. These birds are falling from the sky dead. There's a huge difference here I think.

Hey Randy,
None of the events are related. Lets say 13400 birds in ark, 2384 fish off Newfoundland, etc etc all died from being crushed I would be #ing bricks. If Animals around the world were dying by a similar disease we could have a problem.

That is not what is happening the only thing that links "all" these events is people trying to get views to their blogs, articles, YT channels, TV shows, etc etc

edit on 7-1-2011 by yaphun because: sp

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Reply to post by schuyler

No one said the world was ending

And if You go back and look at the USGS reports on mass deaths of animals the last few years, you will find that at the right we are going, at the end of the year, we will the normal number times ten.

Deny ignorance some, eh?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsuki-no-Hikari

For people claiming to have checked "facts" you didn't do so well. Looking at the Mortality Events Map, it shows that almost ALL events have an explanation. The events that have recently taken place, the larger ones, DON'T have an explanation. Blunt trauma -- Arkansas and blue beaks in Italy are not explained and do not happen regularly. Certainly, things like airplane crashes, for example, occur regularly, but if one is unexplained then it has to be investigated and not presumed "normal." Same thing here: mass animal deaths do occur regularly but the cause of those deaths are nearly always capable of explanation.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tsuki-no-Hikari
Animals die. Extinctions happen.

And man, the only supposed cognitive animal, helps accelerate the process with pollution and other environment devastation where naturally there would be no such things.

I guess we'll find out the consequences of that too eventually.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tsuki-no-Hikari

FACT CHECK: Mass bird, fish deaths occur regularly

dailyme.com

On average, 163 such events are reported to the federal government each year, according to USGS records. And there have been much larger die-offs than the 3,000 blackbirds in Arkansas. Twice in the summer of 1996, more than 100,000 ducks died of botulism in Canada.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nwhc.usgs.gov

ya and i am the king of babylon. i have never heard of mass death happening before. how much you want to bet if you search now for the death of the other animals their will be a *archived* governmeny site with a report of what happened

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join