It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ANALYSIS: Tom Ridge Warns of 'Credible' Al-Qaeda Plot

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Mako0956:
Question.......

Can someone define "CREDIBLE"?

credible ? ... it's intelligence and we're on a 'don't need to know' basis

The Boy Who Cried Wolf
When the villagers saw no wolf they sternly said, "Save your frightened song for when there is really something wrong! Don't cry 'wolf' when there is NO wolf!"

[edit on 8-7-2004 by shanti23]

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I agree with Shanti-

This is intelligence, why is it being leaked to the media?

(Remember Orson Wells "War of the Worlds"?)

Oh, silly me, Fear tactics!

[edit on 8-7-2004 by mako0956]

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I know it sounds a bit mad, but the good people in America today need to stand up and take their country back. And if that means walking up to the white house in numbers and doing it, then that�s the case.

I know its easy saying it on a forum, or even face to face with someone, but really something does need to be done about what is going on in your name right now. Because I know for sure, if I was from one of them wee countries were American army men came in and did what they are doing, I would want to go straight to the USA and do something big in return, you have to remember, weather Bush is staging something or weather they are planning something in revenge, either way, your country is doing what they are seen to be doing right now in this world in YOUR name Mr Joe America

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMMORTAL
Yep, the Government is preparing for the staged terrorist attacks to come before the elections. In my opinion, this whole staged terrorist attack is already going to happen, Al-CIAda is just wondering where they should strike and how much innocent lives they should eliminate.

If we follow your line of reasoning then the government of Spain allowed the Madrid bombings, which was the reason for El Partido Popular to lose in the elections. Al Qaeda also claimed the bombings in Spain, and the Spaniard officials were able to stop at least three suicide bombers from making another attack, althou they did blow themselves up.

Spain has been dealing with terrorist attacks from ETA for a very long time. More so than the U.S.

Now, you are going to tell us that ETA, and the Al Qaeda cells that are in Spain are part of the Spaniard government? or the CIA?

Terrorist attacks are happening in a lot of countries in the world. i do not believe that every country is allowing these terrorist attacks to happen, and i don't think the CIA can cover every terrorist attack in the world.

If terrorist attacks can still happen in Spain, Israel, and many areas in the Middle East, they can happen in the U.S. with no government involvement in the attacks....

[edit on 8-7-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SiCkBoY
Because I know for sure, if I was from one of them wee countries were American army men came in and did what they are doing, I would want to go straight to the USA and do something big in return, you have to remember, weather Bush is staging something or weather they are planning something in revenge, either way, your country is doing what they are seen to be doing right now in this world in YOUR name Mr Joe America

How are you so certain that these terrorist attacks are only reprisals for Iraq? Were there no terrorist attacks in the U.S or in U.S soil before Iraq? humm OKC, USS Cole, WTC in 93.....

If people would take their time to read what the terrorists are expecting the west to do, then you will realise that they will continue their terrorist attacks until there are no westerners in the Middle East, no Hindus in Kashmir, and no Jewish/Christian people in Israel or Jerusalem.....but wait you think they will stop there?......after that probably Osama will try to reason(pun intended) his way into obtaining Andalucia...and every place the radical Muslims conquered in the 600s....and you think they will stop there?......

[edit on 8-7-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
As Europe�s window of opportunity for truce offered by Osama Bin Laden draws to a close, US Department of Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge took the stage at a press conference in Washington to warn Americans that Al Qaeda plans is in the planning or operational stages of major attacks against the US homeland.

Although Bin Laden�s truce offer was only to Europe, and explicitly excluded the United States, much attention has been paid to the perceived threat increase as the truce ends.

In reality, the truce offer to Europe was probably intended only to allow Al Qaeda to focus their attentions on the theatre of operations in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Saudi Arabia, rather than to give Europe breathing space.

In his speech aired first on April 14, 2004, Osama Bin Laden said: "The door of reconciliation is open for three months of the date of announcing this statement."

The truce offer was valid for three months, according to Osama Bin Laden�s speech, first aired on Al Arabaya TV on April 14.

Many have pegged July 14 or July 15 as the date when Europe's opporunity at a truce will end.

However, a careful analysis of Bin Laden�s previous actions and of the speech shows that those dates are probably not accurate.

It is very unlikely that Bin Laden intended three �Gregorian� months; it is far more likely that he intended three �Islamic�, or lunar, months.

If we take the date of airing of the speech as the beginning of the three month window, and use the first broadcast date of April 14, we can calculate the actual ending date. April 14 on the Islamic calendar is the 24th day of the month Safar. Three months from Safar would be the 24th day of Jumada al Awil, or Jumada I.

The 24th of Jumada al Awil falls this year on July 11.

Bin Laden's tape also included the following paragraph:

"The greatest rule of safety is justice, and stopping injustice and aggression. It was said: Oppression kills the oppressors and the hotbed of injustice is evil. The situation in occupied Palestine is an example. What happened on 11 September [2001] and 11 March [the Madrid train bombings] is your commodity that was returned to you."

Bin Laden does not normally focus on dates in this manner. Historically, Al Qaeda has not tried to "hit" dates; they take their successes where they can get them. But considering that the truce ends on July 11, extra vigilance is probably warranted.

GBA!
John

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I know that the country should be prepared for any eventuality however, this constant pulling and tugging the government keeps doing is getting to be pretty much like the boy who cried wolf. There are credible sources but we will not raise the terror level...but gee go about your business. Same old same old. Maybe they should just wait till they have more direct information...because you know the American public...we get bored with hearing the same stuff over and over. Everytime they come on TV and tell us the same old thing we are going to take them less seriously the next time and the next time could be THE time. (Only nobody was paying any attention.)

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Credible? Credible and DHS shouldn't even be used in the same breath. Credible as in they get to keep us in fear? Credible as in they heard it from a friend of a friend of a friend? Credible as in someone in Cuba who has never met bin Laden has cooked up a great story to take off the interrogation heat? This will be the great story of the boy who cried wolf.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join