It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New blood test for cancer?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Cancer blood test coming to market

chicagobreakingbusiness.com...

This new gadget has the ability to provide early detection of cancer cells in the bloodstream. No more painful biopsies; a simple blood test can detect one cancer cell out of a billion healthy ones in a doctor's office.

A blood test so sensitive that it can spot a single cancer cell lurking among a billion healthy ones is moving one step closer to being available at your doctor’s office.

Imagine a quick, cost-effective and painless way to detect all types of cancer in their early stages...this could be quite a breakthrough if it delivers as promised.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by avocadoshag

hate to burst your and the news media bubble,,, but a urine test very similar to this has been patented and in existence for like 15-20 years,,, same thing can detect single , a few cells and was about 35 bucks,,,,
unfortunately it didn't catch fire,,, but still exists,,,,, i wonder if it was because first, mammograms, x-rays, biopsies, ct scans are way better moneymakers,,, and also late stage cancer makes for a better profit revenue

and a billion cancer cells make up a pencil eraser,,,so it blows my mind how small cells, and cancer can be,
and the size of cancer when diagnosed means it's been growing a while

none the less this is a welcome advancement,,, since this would certainly speed up diagnosis by years

getting back,,,, i don't have a link ,,,, i could probably find one,,, but i did read about it in bill hendersons famous cancer book,,, and probably has it on his site

i've read about 8 cancer books this month,,, so i deep in the muck of alternative,,,, which has quacks and conventional which is profit driven,,, blinded by all but slash,cut,burn

seperating truth and fact and motives and hucksters on both sides is quite daunting and discouraging at times,,,, but on i go

none the less a good thread ,, but shows how media,, and cancer industry hides , distorts, dismisses and always has hope right around the corner as 100's suffer and die

edit on 7-1-2011 by shortywarn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

When my wife had cancer (removed Oct 11,2010) they asked her for a blood sample for this study at every visit. as for the alternative treatment above. Well, we tried a lot of this and I can say she did the juicing part of the Gerson therapy and the tumor reduced in size from 11 cm to 7.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by shortywarn

hate to burst your and the news media bubble,,, but a urine test very similar to this has been patented and in existence for like 15-20 years,,, same thing can detect single , a few cells and was about 35 bucks,,,,
unfortunately it didn't catch fire,,, but still exists,,,,, i wonder if it was because first, mammograms, x-rays, biopsies, ct scans are way better moneymakers,,, and also late stage cancer makes for a better profit revenue

none the less this is a welcome advancement,,, since this would certainly speed up diagnosis by years

edit on 7-1-2011 by shortywarn because: (no reason given)

Thanks Shortywarn for the info...don't worry about bursting my bubble lol... you're probably right about the money aspect of detection in an inexpensive kit versus mammograms, etc. But as the popular consciousness turns towards finding a cure for cancer, I think people will demand the availability of early screening tests like this (or similar).

I hope the fact you've been reading lots about cancer lately doesn't imply something sinister about your health. I've got a good friend who was diagnosed three months ago with cancer; doctors told him there was no treatment other than keeping him comfortable but he'd likely be dead in five years. Two weeks ago they realized he's responding to the (low-level) chemo, and he's scheduled for stem-cell therapy next week...and they've now revised the prognosis to say he might make it after all. So, it's all possible...keep positive!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by brianman

When my wife had cancer (removed Oct 11,2010) they asked her for a blood sample for this study at every visit. as for the alternative treatment above. Well, we tried a lot of this and I can say she did the juicing part of the Gerson therapy and the tumor reduced in size from 11 cm to 7.

Brianman, that's good news about your wife. Keep positive!

join