It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

L.A. officials receive video of men sexually assaulting disabled women

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

L.A. officials receive video of men sexually assaulting disabled women

www.cnn.com

Los Angeles, California (CNN) -- Los Angeles County Sheriff's investigators made a public appeal Thursday in seeking at least four men who were videotaped sexually assaulting at least 10 women who appear to be severely disabled, including women in a care home.

The video came from 11 DVDs that an anonymous tipster dropped off last March at the Sheriff's Department headquarters in Monterey Park, California, said Sgt. Dan Scott.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I can't believe this story.

What kind of people could do this?

I'm completely speechless..

The more than 100 hours of video shows a sequence of at least 10 women being sexually assaulted by at least eight men, and investigators were able to develop composite drawings of four of the suspects, authorities said.

I hope the people of LA will be able to assist police in getting these men off the streets and where they belong. Is this what our society is coming to?

100 hours of video..

These dogs need to be put down.

Thoughts?

~Keeper

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 1/6/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Oh gosh that makes me so sick.
I used to work with the developmentally disabled - 3rd shift- when I just started out as an RN. We had a routine we always followed. One morning something happened-forget what, but we got ahead of schedule for once. One of my aids walked into a patient's room with his clothes early to dress him and found one of the 1st shift male staff on top of him sodomizing him. She screamed and we all went running and - you can't imagine what it is like to see that, knowing that this employee came in early almost every morning since you can remember.

Usually these stories get buried and hidden. In our case we did call the law but the paper never carried it. I think they always try to keep these stories out of the paper. I have seen things happen though and the police did NOT get called. Sometimes in these places staff will actually become desensitized to patients abusing patients.

A lot of the public do not understand to the EXTENT that these people are disabled. It's horrible.

So my thoughts? Circulate these pictures to the STAFF of everyplace that has a MR unit. It's probably someone working there coming in early or staying in late. They had to have the opportunity to be alone with folks - 3rd shift has to do baths and is a crazy busy time and there's little staff. 2nd shift also has times that there are opportunities. 1st shift is usually too busy with lots of auxillary staff. The fact this seems to be a group? Gosh I just threw up a bit in my mouth.
edit on 6-1-2011 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Hope they catch these bastards and put them down hard. What a terrible thing to do to a helpless human!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
It doesn't just affect the patient - that's the thing - the people that care - the people that feel responsibility for the helpless- they become victims too. You carry it for life- the times you missed a bruise, change in behavior, questionable fluids, patient itching or scratching, thinking that you had a monster among you and you missed it...that you put your family member in what you thought was a safe place and you failed them...

MBF

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Just think, it from March until for them to actually start doing something about it! Thata is just sad. How many people have been abused in that time.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Man, there are sick, evil people in this world.
Things like this are just too much to accept,
How can they treat human beings this way ?
Poor helpless people who have no way to
defend themselves These people need to be
found and dealt with quickly with 'extreme prejudice'.
and shown the same mercy they showed their victims.

Man.!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
You know it's stories like this that makes me hate being a human being. I really do hope instead of putting them through trial they drag those sick bastards through the streets. Ugh. Way to go humanity.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Dear god! THis is terrible. This is completely beyond left/right politics. Given that we have a high number of therapists these animals could have got help for their sick actions. I could resolve all their problems with a very sharp knife or two house bricks!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
Hope they catch these bastards and put them down hard. What a terrible thing to do to a helpless human!

THEY SHOULD BE RELEIVED OF ALL OXYGEN INTAKE FROM THIS POINT ON. SAD INDEED

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
There needs to be more mental evaluations of public workers ALL PUBLIC WORKERS. SMH.......

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I heard they've caught 2, and they were staff.

Staff in these places usually make just above or at minimum wage, and there's a lot of butt and drool wiping to be perfectly honest - about the best you can do is people that really just have a calling (and they do exist) or good hearted uneducated people, or nice immigrants that have language issues - but then they passed laws so usually they have to have a GED, and so now you get- at least around here- way too much pond scum that works for a few months until their police record shows up and they get fired, or they work 6 weeks until the courts start taking child support, so they quit and find another- or they go to court for something and hope it looks good that they've been working 'caring' for people.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Put them in prison and let Bubba have them.

Let Bubba know what kind of people these are before hand so he can bring hes friends from the cell block.

top topics

join