It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drone may be coming to Miami-Dade

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Drone may be coming to Miami-Dade

www.wsvn.com

A new piece of technology may soon be coming to South Florida, but is already raising concerns from residents

The Miami-Dade Police Department recently finalized a deal to buy a drone, which is an unmanned plane equipped with cameras. Drones have been used for years in Iraq and Afghanistan in the war against terror.

Many residents are concerned that the new technology will violate their privacy.

The purchase of the drone may have been made possible through a federal grant; however, this
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Check the link for the video news of it.

I remember making a similar thread about a drone in Houston, TX but a different type of drone allowing HD-quality imagery captable of bypassing walls.

However the video says it will be the first of it's kind.
Perhaps the one in Houston ended up not being a go ahead.

To summarize.... 9/11!

www.wsvn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Does anyone know why all of these new policing procedures are being initiated in Florida?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

hmmmm.. i figured we already HAD them.. this isn't news to me... if Bush was spying on americans for a decade, I figured it was more like 2 decades to be ... more accurate..

yea.. welcome to the poloce state.. something is up ..

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Well... people in America are allowed to own guns... shoot them down.

Just sayin.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Within ten years they will be all over the country.

Along with biometric scanners, checkpoints and other such fun.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
The rise of the machines. Us or them people, us or them.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
How long before some hacker figures out a hack or a jam ? I'll say 2-3 months after any real world implementation and that will happen "just sayin"
edit on 7-1-2011 by KingArthur because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-1-2011 by KingArthur because: change something

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I was curious how much one of these costs, and wasn't able to find exact prices. This article from India though says $200,000 each. This Defense.net article says the same thing.

That seems like a waste of money. Because it seems to me, forget the hackers, if they float these robot spies over the ghettoes, drug dealers and punks are just going to shoot them up, for fun or on general principles. If they shoot up five of these worthless things, that's a million dollars wasted.

Is Miami such a rich community it can waste a million dollars on useless defense industry products? How many more actual policemen would a million dollars put on the street?

If the same kind of waste and fraud that you see in the defense industry comes to law enforcement, and it already is (useless TSA scanners), forget it, America is bankrupt, finished, corrupt. Forget it.

top topics

join