It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transportation of the future? Evacuated Tube Transport Technology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Hi, I ran across this site and video explaining an idea for mass transportation involving giant tubes crossing the globe. This technology promises efficient movement of people and goods around the world and an end to the reliance on fossil fuels.

It looks to me like a consortium is trying to attract investors to help build the infrastructure for this; their goal is to be up and running by 2030. Maybe this is the future of transportation?

Their website is here if you want more information.
edit on 6-1-2011 by avocadoshag because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2011 by avocadoshag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by avocadoshag

According to some of the conspiracy whistle blowers, these tubes are, and have been, in place for some time. No one, of course, has provided evidence of this. I wish I could remember exactly which people alluded to them, but I most likely learned this through interviews at Project Camelot

John Lear spoke of them and others too. Supposedly they are world-wide and provide super fast travel.

For what it's worth.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by capod2t

According to some of the conspiracy whistle blowers, these tubes are, and have been, in place for some time. No one, of course, has provided evidence of this. I wish I could remember exactly which people alluded to them, but I most likely learned this through interviews at Project Camelot

John Lear spoke of them and others too. Supposedly they are world-wide and provide super fast travel.

For what it's worth.

Interesting...I haven't heard of any theories that these already are in use. Well, if they are a "hidden technology" they won't be much longer as the private sector gets involved. There's a lot of money to be made over the long term.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by capod2t

boomslanger

Gene Roddenberry had a science fiction show about it in the 1960's, too:

Vactrains

Um...
that's all I can say...
edit on 7-1-2011 by Chakotay because: for the Halibut...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I certainly want this technology to become widespread.

Forget about traveling by air. I'd rather travel by tube!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Have you ever seen the intro to the show "Futurama"?

I would support transportation tubes for goods and people.

I too also heard about conspiracies that tubes already exist between major military bases, and or the white house, etc., underground.
edit on 7-1-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
In theory, it's wonderful. The energy generated by stopping one vehicle could be used to accelerate the next one. I used to daydream about this tech until I realized how vulnerable it would be to terrorist attack. Thousands of miles of it would have to be above ground. Some sections would have to be elevated hundreds of feet to avoid sharp vertical bends. Other sections would require tunnels a hundred miles long. A few bullet holes could shut down the system by letting air in. Any obstruction in the tube would cause the next vehicle to rip up miles of the tube. Such a crash in an urban area could kill hundreds of people outside the tube.

The promotional video bills it as absolutely free of problems. I wonder if they factored in the cost of hardening the system against terrorist attack.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by capod2t

Some of the theories go on to identify the Rand corporation and others in Military / Industry complex where involved in its construction along with a race of intelligent reptilians and other oddities who live underground.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
This is sweet, I love it, and just the ticket for a world thats struggling to develop due to its reliance on fossil fuels.

Please America get going with this, and the world will surely follow.

Mix this long distance travel in with cheap cars to run around locally, running on something other than oil, and the world will be a better place, a golden generation will be born.

I just wish that the people pushing for open borders would latch onto this and I think the barriers will come down, and the people will be all behind it.

Come on, lets get going with all this new technology

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I'm so there for the Futurama tube travel. Hopefully this can be made within our lifetimes.

I always thought US should have a bullet train system like other countries. Its fast, efficient and cheaper. Imagine the boom it would create for a bullet train to travel from San Diego to LA to Las Vegas to Salt Lake. Then have split routes to San Francisco to Portland to Seattle and another route to Denver and beyond.

As for ET3, this would be a perfect solution if proven. Screw bullet trains. TUBE ME!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phractal Phil
The promotional video bills it as absolutely free of problems. I wonder if they factored in the cost of hardening the system against terrorist attack.

Y'know, I didn't think about the terrorist aspect until you mentioned it Phil. Of course the promo video says the system is free of problems, they're trying to sell the concept and they will minimize the down sides.

But I think the tube system has many advantages over existing mass transportation systems, not the least of which is the lack of reliance on petroleum fuels to run it. This could spell the end of foreign involvement in Middle Eastern nations, which is the root of much of the unrest in the world (and the resulting terrorism) IMO.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

Thanks G o' Proph. I love Futurama! Although I don't think the ET3 group are proposing we fly through the tubes individually, they're planning on using cars with seats. : )

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
For what it's worth:

Rand Documents

RAND Document No: P-6092 Year: 1978 Pages: 35 Title: Trans-Planetary Subway Systems: A Burgeoning Capability. Author(s): Robert M. Salter Cost: $ ? Keywords: Railroads; Tunnels; Underground structures; Urban transportation ABSTRACT: Describes a subway concept called "PLANETRAN" comprising electromagnetically supported and propelled cars traveling in underground evacuated tubes, able to cross the United States in one hour. It is designed to interface with local transit systems, and the tunnel complex also contains utility transmission and auxiliary freight-carrying systems. Tunnels represent a major problem area and most of the cost. They will be placed several hundred feet underground in solid rock formations. It will require advanced tunnel-boring machines, such as hypersonic projectile spallation, laser beam devices, and the "SUBTERRENE" heated tungsten probe that melts through igneous rocks. PLANETRAN is rated as a system high in conservation of energy. For every car being accelerated, there is one decelerating in an adjoining tube. The decelerating cars return energy to the system. The tubes have a reduced atmosphere, making drag losses much smaller than for aircraft. Coast-to-coast energy costs are expected to be less than $1.00 per passenger. (Presented at the AAAS Annual Meeting, Washington, D.C., February 1978.) 35 pp

Underground

We recently came across a very interesting list from a book called Entrances to Subterranean Tunnels "Underground Alien Bases" (UAB) ISBN: 0-938294-92-X (UAB) which purports to list all the known underground entrances to bases. Here is where they are!

LA Times 1972

If you doubt the possibility that the U.S. government “Black” projects engineers have he ability to secretly construct an underground tube-shuttle system, think again. Here is a quoted article that appeared in the Los Angeles Times newspaper on June 11, 1972.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by capod2t

Thanks for the links capo di tutti. After reading (most) of the information you provided, it's obvious the idea of Evacuated Tube Transportation isn't new (first proposed in the 70's) but finally someone is attempting to implement it.

As for the rumors that these tubes already exist, I think an undertaking on such a massive scale would have been noticed by a great many people, let alone that thousands (10's of thousands?) of people would have been working on the tunnels for many years. I don't see how such a secret could be kept. I witnessed early last year an extension of our rapid transit system; maybe 30 miles underground. It was pretty noticeable.

Either way, I look forward to a system like this in my lifetime. Could be a quantum leap forward in the way humans think about transportation.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Thanks for the links capo di tutti.

Ah! You figured me out! Parla Italiano, e?

About the current existence, you're right, you're right. But wouldnt it be mind blowing if the ancients built it and it's still going? I dunno...too many conspiracy videos. I better lay off for a while.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I LOVE how its the same conspiracy theorists who talk about these tube systems, as talk about antigravity craft, which can be huge in size, with near unlimited speeds and range.

but for some reason we need them both

pile of nonsense

top topics

join