It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rabbi accused of sexually abusing daughters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
This is a sickening story if true, it appears to be since the accused and one of his sons hightailed it to Israel, but I am at a loss of words of how a father could do what is described in the article. Was the mother blind to this happening in the home? I just hope the victims can get the help they need to put this horrible ordeal in the past, and I certainly hope that we hear news soon of those two fugitives are caught and returned to face justice.

www.newsday.com

The NYPD and Israeli police are searching for a Brooklyn yeshiva rabbi who, along with three of his sons, allegedly took part in years of sex abuse of four of his daughters, one as young as 8, law enforcement officials said Friday.
Gershon Kranczer, 58, and a son, Asher, 21, are sought for questioning about the sex abuse allegations after both suddenly fled to Israel on Nov. 29 in the wake of claims by one of Kranczer's daughters that she had been raped, according to police.
"They are wanted for questioning on the allegations," NYPD spokesman Paul Browne said Friday.
According to police, Kranczer and his wife, who happens to be his first cousin, had 14 children - seven boys and seven girls ranging in ages from 28 to 8 years old - and were living in a two-story detached frame house in the Midwood section of Brooklyn. The home was set up in dormitory-style, with bunk beds throughout.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
They fled to Israel?

Are the daughters still here?

How terrible...
what are the chances that we will be able to extradite them?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Curious as to where the church has shuffled this sexual deviant? It's a bit like watching a 3-card Monty routine when these sex allegations crop up; BAM cardinals/priests/rabbis are spirited away by the good graces of the Church and re-setup in NEW communities, with NEW victims.

Sickening.
edit on 6-1-2011 by igigi because: (not just talkin Catholic here, there's my selective reading again!)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
wish girls could be more protected, all children for that matter. Only recourse is tougher prosecution. What did I hear, only 3 percent of rape cases in LA get investigated?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
What do you expect from a religion that promotes " only getting with ones own ". Marriages to cousins etc... are all too common amongst these inbreed religious nutters.

Happens in a lots of places in the world where religion and purity of blood lines are sacred.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Looks like his 24 year old son and 15 year old son are in police custody at least...
what kind of scumbag runs off and leaves his sons holding the bag????

The rabbi's 24-year-old son, Yechezkel Kranczer, turned himself in to the NYPD Thursday, and the 15-year-old - whose name is being withheld - surrendered to police the day before.

The horrifying abuse came to light when the oldest victim, a 20-year-old woman, told a co-worker at a yeshiva the rabbi had sexually assaulted her. The co-worker went to cops, who soon learned that three of the victim's female relatives - ages 19, 17 and 8 - also allegedly were abused in the rabbi's home.

The 20-year-old said she was frequently molested by Gershon Kranczer - the former head of Yeshiva Tehila L'Dovid - for the past 15 years, police said.

Neighbors were stunned at the allegations. "I've known him for 32 years, and he's an angel, a saint," said friend Sol Borger, 60. "Whenever I need anything, I know I can go to him. There's no way he would do this."

www.nydailynews.com...

new topics

top topics

join