It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepy Story

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I happenned to find this scary story, well more like a journal, of the events that happenned when a man entered a cave that no man had ever entered before. It's very weird and creepy and there are pictures and everything. The ending is mysterious. I would like you all to read about this and post comments on what you think. It is a great story and will have you hooked, it really no longer than a 20 - 30 minute read.

www.holyshiite.com/caver

Does anyone know anything about this and what happenned after the last journal entry?

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Thats was Very Cool, but is it just a story?

The last page was dated still in 2001.

and no acutal photos of anything but a round-ish rock.

Either way, it entertained me.

THanks.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
...would scare the crap outta me too..would be nice to know what happened after they went back....or if it is just a story or not..creepy.
thanks for posting that, it was a good read

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
www.edaddyo.com...

this image is about the rock against the cave, kinda creepy but to me a little it looks like there is a face there when you look at it magnified a little....but of course its a blurry picture and lots of shadows there so I am sure its nothing but my mind playing lovely little tricks on me.

[edit on 8-7-2004 by Jennilee]

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Does anyone know anything about this and what happenned after the last journal entry?

i read this story months ago, and have been waiting for a sequel

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
after googling the topic i found many many forums that have been chattering about this subject...seems like this is a rip off to another story or could be closely related to this ...devil hole cave in Arkinsas ???www.prairieghosts.com...

However I am not entirely too sure...ill keep searching, it is indeed an awesome story,

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
ahhhhh...i found this on the forums here......
www.abovetopsecret.com...

its about the caver story also....
I'm off to read more

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
It could just be a story.. a pretty good story as far as that goes. Maybe it's just a guy who has an extremely overactive imagination.

I believe in the supernatural, paranormal and I believe that negative forces can certainly thrive in a place such as this... but the cliff-hanger ending makes me think it was possibly just a well fabricated story.

Just my 2cents..

AngelIC

Thanks for the link tho, it was an interesting read.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Great story..... but, like he mentioned about the Symbolized cave painting, it's very "Blair Witch".

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
yeah it is very "Blair Witch", there have been many discussions about this on numerous sites...but it is a very scary story..i will definatly re-read that one

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Wow, I like how it just ends like that...

It COULD be real, but in my mind it's probably not. A good read though.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I read this story about a year or so ago and had several of my friends read it also. Although it is a very good story, we all came to the conclusion that this was JUST a story. At first I thought it was very convincing with the pictures and all, but notice that none of the pictures had any faces in them so nobody could be recognized. Of course this was explained, but c'mon. This also makes it so nobody can prove who wrote the story. As I was reading it I also was reminded of Blair Witch. I have often thought how easy it would be to pull something like this off. If you have ever been caving you know that your imagination can easily run away from you and you can start imagining things. I have been in caves where I could actually hear my heartbeat in my ears. Pitch dark and you feel a slight breeze like some creature breathing down your neck. VERY EARIE! It would be very easy to record these imagined things as your caving and take a few pics and create a story like this that is mixed with real life situations and a few imagined fears. It's great how it is not only a story of the caving though. I like how it moves to and effects their regular life. If I am completely off base, HOLY SHIZITE. I'm never caving again.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
This is one great friggin read!!! I would have to say that it is made up though. I mean, c'mon, it follows every rule for a horror story. It was like, everything that could have went wrong, DID go wrong, and very conveniantly too I might add. These pics didn't develop, and blah, blah, blah (don't want to ruin it for anybody who hasn't read it yet
). Lik I said, great read, but made up. I'm supprised this guy hasn't sold the movie rights yet.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
i'd say it was made up by the way it ended.

It would be cool and everything if there was some closure to this story, some more pictures, but it is very much just a story I believe.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by porky1981
It would be cool and everything if there was some closure to this story, some more pictures, but it is very much just a story I believe.

Don't mean to be disagreeable, but in this case I have to. The lack of closure of this story is why this thread is even here. I guess that's just my opinion though. I think the way it ended is what makes this story so fantastic. I would have to agree. I cannot believe he has not sold the rights to this and made a movie also.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
it was a great work of fiction. i did not notice it at first. but only a very adept 'writer' keeps a journal that 'flowery'. nope. premeditated fiction.
the ending was the lest believeble. but hey: i liked it. it would make a great movie, albeit i would change the ending.
i think it should go something like this:
when the guys finally get together, they go back to the cave only to find that tunnel gone, vanished, more like it was never there. enter the park rangers who arrest them for destruction of federal land. cut to speedy trial and institutionalization for all the boys....
perfect set up for an even better part 2!
thanks for the read! i really enjoyed it!

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The creep factor sets in after the 10th page. He says everything is fine and he will update you when he gets back and then you click next page, and the Page Not Found message comes up. I thought that made it.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 01:15 AM
link   
If it's made into a movie, they should end it by them returning to the cave and never coming out..

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 03:23 AM
link   
www.gigdig.com...

Apparently, the story was copied here and there's some more information.

I'm pretty sure it's just a story. The guys really went caving, but found nothing suspicious...

But who knows???

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 03:54 AM
link   
cool story, sounds real to me, except for the last page.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join