It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you read this? Only 55 out of 100 can. Now once you see this, what do you make of this tourist s

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

Dear nfolurker

If you go to the web page you find this at the bottom.

If you can read this, your brain is 50% faster than those who can't
The question is what percentage of ATS addicts can read this.

I am dyslectic at the best of time but I had no trouble reading it.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Ha, I think I typed that message.

I can also read upside down as well as jumbled words. The brain is an amazing thing!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yeah there is a little more to what you wrote but it works (as you said) and also very interesting nonetheless.
All kinds of ways to communicate I suppose.
edit on 6-1-2011 by nonnez because: content

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
nice! i always knew i had a strange mind! i can read this fine, which really makes me wonder about some peoples spelling hehe

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
55% means normal, not strange. The minority 45% would in fact be the "strange" ones.

Why is everyone so susceptible to believing in anything that qualifies that they are different?
edit on 6/1/2011 by rexusdiablos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Fascinating infolurker

I think you would enjoy this particular phenomenon, it reveals a little of how our different sense modalities interact.

Its called the McGurk Effect.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Interesting thanks. I was through the first sentence before I realized anything was wrong with it in fact.

What a shame about that site. I suppose somebody should alert them to that in case its driving customers away. Funny though.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Whoo! Hoo! I'm strange after all! I missed the "word" spelled as "mses" and thought it was "messes". I really don't know what that word is - perhaps "mess" is it. The mind can play tricks on us!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I didn't have any trouble reading it. I got more than halfway through it and realized it wasn't just jumbled vowels. I read very fast though, and typos never bother me like they seem to other people. Maybe it is because i make so many myself? lo

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269
I am dyslectic at the best of time but I had no trouble reading it.

I was half way through before I even noticed that the letters
were jumbled. Lol, Strange as it is, I read the op quicker than
any other 'normal' posts, go figure.
As for dyslectic, sometimes get ahead of myself verbally .

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I don't understand how Cambridge University came to the conclusion that only 55% of people can read it.. and they're the ones with a strange mind. I would imagine that just about anyone can read it.. If you can recognize what sounds letters make..

Someone should call them up and ask them if that's meant to look like "stay away" and see what they say lol.
Apparently the chef there, "Teddy" has yellow eyes. He is talked about a lot on that website..

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Yes, I read everything smoothly except the world "strange". I guess I am special

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Mmtrears naht how, Dweehkacrew?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
looks normal to me?
I can not spell any way.

I woulder if the ones who can not read it are the funny ones?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I had no problem reading that..but i spell like that alot lol

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Makes sense here. Dyslexia is not the big nasty it has been made out to be.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Having read a few studies on this subject, over the last few years - specifically in regard to pattern recognition and the human predisposition to seek, recognize, and even create them... This concept falls right into place. In my opinion a rather frightening place.

The potential for abuse here is astounding. For example what if a store could hide messages right in front of your face, without subliminals at all? By these standards, for example, the word "conserve" could also be subconsciously perceived as "consume". By and of itself, obviously this would not happen. But if the correct combination of dual words were joined... well then, what they eye sees and what the mind understands might well become highly contradictory.

With this in mind... the 45 percent who are diligent and exacting enough to NOT seek the patterns... well they may well end up being the ones who remain immune to manipulation.

~Heff

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I always knew I had a strange mind.

Ah well , Pobody's Nerfect I suppose

Seriously though , I truly believe the human mind is a cosmic treasure.

Edit : Just noticed before posting I made typo and wrote comic instead of cosmic. THAT would have been funny when I was trying so hard to be deep eh?

There are no coincidence.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Here's something along the same lines that I'd like to have people try...

How good is your off-hand writting ability?

Now try to write backwards with that same hand.

I'm right handed, when I try to write with my left (in proper western left-right format) it is a barely legible scrawl.

If I write backwards though...the hand writting is almost normal.

What's more i can write the same sentence with each hand at the same time in opposite directions.

example...

ecnetnes emas eht etirw dnah-ffo ruoy htiW>With your main hand write a sentence

(except of course all the letters would be facing the 'proper' direction.)

edit on 7-1-2011 by [davinci] because: Form

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Ckae!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join