It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Department offers to attack France on behalf of Monsanto

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Monsanto again revealing just how much money, power and influence they have on the American government and state department...unbelievable, this makes me very angry

GMO's are extremely dangerous and Monsanto's terminator seeds already have been and will continue to be a death sentence for many people.
www.brasschecktv.com...

They must be stopped at any cost, our childrens lives depend on it.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
JEEEZ... this terminator seed technology is (edit: EVIL). Seriously, that kind of marketing should be criminal... then again they'd have to look into things like the Sh$tBox360's red-ring-of-death and other products seemingly designed to fail.

From wikipedia artice concerning Monsanto.

Terminator seed controversy Main article: Genetic use restriction technology In June 2007,[30] Monsanto acquired Delta & Pine Land Company, a company that had patented a seed technology nicknamed Terminators. This technology, which was never known to have been used commercially, produces plants that have sterile seeds so they do not flower or grow fruit after the initial planting. This prevents the spread of those seeds into the wild, however it also requires customers to repurchase seed for every planting in which they use Terminator seed varieties. Farmers who do not use a terminator seed could also be affected by his neighboring farmer that does through natural pollination. In recent years, widespread opposition from environmental organizations and farmer associations has grown, mainly out of the concerns that hypothetical seeds using this technology could increase farmers' dependency on seed suppliers. Despite the fact that in 1999, Monsanto pledged not to commercialize Terminator technology,[31] Delta Vice President, Harry Collins, declared at the time in a press interview in the Agra/Industrial Biotechnology Legal Letter, ‘We’ve continued right on with work on the Technology Protection System (TPS or Terminator). We never really slowed down. We’re on target, moving ahead to commercialize it. We never really backed off.’ [32]

reply to post by Mythkiller

edit on 6-1-2011 by igigi because: Wackypedia linkz.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mythkiller
Monsanto again revealing just how much money, power and influence they have on the American government and state department...unbelievable, this makes me very angry

GMO's are extremely dangerous and Monsanto's terminator seeds already have been and will continue to be a death sentence for many people.
www.brasschecktv.com...

i would love information on how they have been a death sentence for people. link please?

i find the guy in the video very annoying tho and without checking i gotta say he is another alex jones.
edit on 6-1-2011 by Gixxer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gixxer

www.brasschecktv.com...

i would love information on how they have been a death sentence for people. link please?

i find the guy in the video very annoying tho and without checking i gotta say he is another alex jones.

Seriously? You need to research monsanto.
www.dailymail.co.uk... .html
www.i-sis.org.uk...
www.grist.org...

There are a ridiculous number of sources out there on the subject.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I wish Assange would go after Monsanto as
he (hopefully) does Bank of America.

Both companies can roast in hell.

As I have said before, their CEO's and
executives should be reduced to living in
tenement apartments and eating at shelters.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegoodearth
I wish Assange would go after Monsanto as
he (hopefully) does Bank of America.

Both companies can roast in hell.

As I have said before, their CEO's and
executives should be reduced to living in
tenement apartments and eating at shelters.

Unfortunately, they end up in government positions.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Yes, I have noted that...
Sad times.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gixxer

www.brasschecktv.com...

You really need to do some of your own research if you are unaware of the deaths associated with GM seeds...here's one to get you started - www.dailymail.co.uk... .html

It's easy to attack the messanger

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
while this may not be being used in actual industrial farming,,,,,,
i believe this technology is already on the market and in use in the usa

has anyone ever bought a "proven winners" flower?????
there flowers are way bigger and have much bigger blooms and deeper colors,,,, but produce no seeds,,,, and you must repurchase every year
basically terminator technology,,,, or are they just sterile,,,, but is that different from what they suggest in the article,,,,,, terminator=sterile basically????

there flowers are awesome,,,,, but p-sses me off i either have to overwinter,,, or rebuy everyyear,,,, as they more expensive as well,,,,,, one plant is more than a 6 pack of annuals

www.provenwinners.com...

actually now i remember,,,, they are selling thes at home depot and lowe's,,,,, so are pretty common

and i've seen them for about 5 years,,,, hmm the bee die off has been about 5 years,,,,, but that's probably overthinking and reaching a bit,,, but threw it out there

top topics

join