It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New member here.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Good evening. My name is Justin and I am an addict! I have been reading posts here for over 5 years and for some reason this is my first time regestering and posting lol. A little about me? Well, I live near Portland Oregon, I am a newely wed (wife makes fun of me for reading on ATS
) I like to play and write music, I work for the Oregon Youth Authority and write run on sentences. I like to read about UFOs mostly on here, I am no expert but I am learning to spot fakes right off the bat now.

In case anyone is wondering, I don't have a lot to offer ATS as far as education (not a physics expert, or an expert on anything) but I am logical, open minded and love constructive criticism. I do work with meantal health, I have some training in drugs & alcohol, and some experience in sex offender treatment.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask, I am not sure what to say, but I need 19 more posts so I can start some threads, I have had some cool ideas that I think you guys would like to read about.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
not an expert ? well, no biggie,
There's lots of people here, who know lots of stuff.
and will help out anyway they can. and Welcome to ATS

Peace.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Ok so I know this is an introduction but I need some quick help. I am going to do some searching on google as well. We just found our cat that got out about 3 weeks ago, and we think he has flea induced anemia. He hasn't eaten in 3 days or hardly drank, he fell on his face trying to jump on a table and has hardly moved since we have found him outside. I can't afford to take him to the vet and they don't take payments here. Anyone have any ideas or experience? Any help is appriciated because this is our little buddy, and sorry that I am kinda making a thread in the introduction.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AIC4ME123

Has the cat still got the fleas?
He needs Iron and Vitamin B, or in very severe cases a blood transfusion! Are you sure you cant get to a vet?
edit on 6-1-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Explanation: Flagged!

Personal Disclosure: Welcome! OL is sure a mod will be along soon to help out with an informative post etc. I also recommend utilizing the green chat voyuer function on the ATS tool bar to the bottom of most ATS webpages [aka the ribbon]! It will enable you to watch who and what is being posted in chat but unfortunately you wont be able to join or chat back until your post count reaches 200 posts or so.

Reply to this post with the reply function up top right of this post and that'll be another post towards your mandatory 20 posts before you can start your own threads

Please message me using the message button on far left ATS tool bar if you require any further help whatsoever!

Peace and much love!

Sincerely OL [OmegaLogos]

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

We were up late last night, shaved the cat, killed all the fleas and cleaned him up. We ended up blending some meat, cat food and some carrots and potatos and he ended up eating some of it, so we are hoping we caught it in time. As far as the vet, we just paid all our bills off two days ago and litteraly have no money for a few days as we wait for our next check. The vet here is pay in full before we do the work. Thank you for the advice I am hoping he picks up some energy today, will keep you posted.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Thank you for the informative reply. Now that I am a member ATS looks so much different
Look forward to getting my 200 posts now.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by AIC4ME123
(wife makes fun of me for reading on ATS
) I like to play and write music, I work for the Oregon Youth Authority and write run on sentences. I like to read about UFOs mostly on here, I am no expert but I am learning to spot fakes right off the bat now.

Welcome to the club....

I have some training in drugs & alcohol, and some experience in sex offender treatment.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask, I am not sure what to say, but I need 19 more posts so I can start some threads, I have had some cool ideas that I think you guys would like to read about.

Looking forward to seeing you on the boards.

Welcome

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

hi

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

You can get vitamin B from brewers yeast sprinkled on the food it also acts as a flea repellent, you can also buy Iron supplements to put on food but you have to be very careful about the dosage as Iron can be toxic to cats in large doses

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS AIC4ME123. I think you will be fine here. there are some what are considered naturally intelligent folx on here so dont feel like you dont qualify. just be yourself and post what you can and you will get the feel in notime.

PEACE

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Thank you, I will head to the farm store here and see what I can dig up.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Please don't take that wrong, I teach sex offender treatment to sex offenders, I am not one lol

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS - Looking forward to your posts.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Update: Cat is doing much better and eating on his own, thanks for some of the tips.

top topics

join