It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Really want to know what's going wrong in the World?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp

Originally posted by Quadrivium
..... It is about our over reaching government.....

edit to add:

HA! two posts ago you were pleading with people to see beyond religion. and yet in your above response to beezzer you are right back into it yourself.

pffffft. you would like to think that your are making some kind of grand statement about whats wrong with the world. but the joke is on YOU.
edit on 7-1-2011 by tgidkp because: (no reason given)

Oh?..................... Is not my response to beezzer actually talking about looking at the ruling and beyond the religion? Not so much what the ruling means in the here and now but what it actually means about our future? Did you read my words or just assume as so many others?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp

..... It is about our over reaching government.....

nope. it is about your personal definition of "over reaching" which implicitly involves whatever is being reached-across. (a cross!)

edit to add:

HA! two posts ago you were pleading with people to see beyond religion. and yet in your above response to beezzer you are right back into it yourself.

pffffft. you would like to think that your are making some kind of grand statement about whats wrong with the world. but the joke is on YOU.
edit on 7-1-2011 by tgidkp because: (no reason given)

Dude, it's more about PC than religion. Christianity is just the latest target. The point was, who is going to be next? Those that drive SUV's? Those that own guns? Those that eat pork? Those that smoke?

Those that post on conspiracy websites?

edit on 7-1-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

reply to post by beezzer

Well said and thank you bezzer.
I am sure that this ruling has a lot of support from those whom do not see themselves as being "religious" and from any not of the Christian faith.
They were supported in this ruling and this ruling, like those before it, is a step.
With each supported step we come closer to the future rulings that you may not support. But by that time your support will not be wanted or needed.
Now it is all things "Christian". What is next?

My friend,

When I walked with Wiccans, nude through a public park, where were you to support me?
When I smoked cannabis with a medicine man, where were you to support me?
When I plead the case of the Muslims to erect their mosque where they see fit, where were you?
When I marched with the gay and lesbian protestors to grant them the right to marry, where were you?

edit on 7-1-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

I was standing right next to you, my brother. I always am and always will.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I was standing right next to you, my brother. I always am and always will.

Beautiful! Now if only more understood this importance.

Thank you,

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

What I do understand is that it is not a true indication of freedom and the respect thereof, if you just stand with those to whom you agree with.
That's easy.

Standing with those who you DON'T agree with, to express the same freedoms, is the hard part. But I will fight just as strongly for your rights as I would anyone elses.

Even if I don't agree.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

What I do understand is that it is not a true indication of freedom and the respect thereof, if you just stand with those to whom you agree with.
That's easy.

Standing with those who you DON'T agree with, to express the same freedoms, is the hard part. But I will fight just as strongly for your rights as I would anyone elses.

Even if I don't agree.

Peace.

That's exactly correct my friend. Perhaps I should have pointed out that I am neither wiccan, a medicine man, gay, lesbian, nor muslim.

The reason Christianity is facing so much oppression these days is because during the first 200 years of our country they held the majority and were the oppressors. What goes around comes around. Will I stand up for them, absolutely. However, being humbled by the oppression you placed on others is a lesson that needs to be learned first. Of course, if they did not idolise a symbol and instead lived by the Christ's teachings, they would not be able to be oppressed. They would be as free and joyful as I am.

Though I do not pay much attention to prophecy, it is worth noting that this was foretold. To a thinking man, it is an obvious turn of events.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I don't see it so much as oppression as consensus. We could have easily gone jewish if that was the popular faith at the time. Wiccan just as well.

My point is that PC plays favoritism to certain sects. And it is just as relavent as the "flavor of the week" as Baskin Robbins.

All religions should have an equal say, that's what the freedom of religion is about. But here?

Meh.

Notsomuch. Take for example the Ground Zero Mosque yet scant attention is paid to the Greek Orthadox Church that was actually destroyed during the attack. And the refusal of New York to have it rebuilt.

All this is centered on a christanophic approach, which is fueled by a PC perspective, not a focus on our freedoms or rights.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

My friend,

When I walked with Wiccans, nude through a public park, where were you to support me?
When I smoked cannabis with a medicine man, where were you to support me?
When I plead the case of the Muslims to erect their mosque where they see fit, where were you?
When I marched with the gay and lesbian protestors to grant them the right to marry, where were you?

It would seem that Christians have time and again been afforded the chance to stand up against oppression, yet chose not to because they were the oppressors.

So, now I think you will find the meaning of...

You reap what you sow.

And of course, if the shoe doesn't fit, do not put it on.

With Love,

Your Brother

I must admit,
I was not standing with you.
Nor was I standing in your way.
I may not agree with all life styles but I can not judge. Live your life in the way you see fit and I will do the same. I can cast no stones because I am not perfect nor claim to be.
Our constitution is being twisted in order for those stones to be cast though. This is the point I was trying to make with the thread.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

PC is the pen they will use to rewrite our Constitution.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I have stated close to the same many times in other threads. We as a nation have become politically correct to a fault.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

I have stated close to the same many times in other threads. We as a nation have become politically correct to a fault.

Political Correctness, has been one of the best tools, one of the most effective tools in destroying our Constitution.
I only hope more people wake up before it is too late.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
If anything, this shows us what is RIGHT in our country. We operate by a rule of law and the laws must be enforced. Enforcing the First Amendment preserves everyone's freedom.

The article claims the cross must simply be modified to not convey an endorsement of religion.

I know a lot of you think that christianity and it's paraphernalia (crucifixes, crosses, etc) are super nifty, but they do NOT belong in areas funded by the taxpayers.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I must admit,
I was not standing with you.
Nor was I standing in your way.
I may not agree with all life styles but I can not judge. Live your life in the way you see fit and I will do the same. I can cast no stones because I am not perfect nor claim to be.
Our constitution is being twisted in order for those stones to be cast though. This is the point I was trying to make with the thread.

My point my friend is that the Constitution has ALWAYS been twisted. You just do not agree with the current twisting.

Now imagine if Christ had said, "well I can't cast stones at Mary. Do so if you like, but I cannot." By sitting around watching the stones be cast, your silence was consent!

You are as guilty as those who have cast the stones because you did not stand up to them. We are all guilty of our Constitution being meaningless because we allowed it to be twisted from the beginning, as long as it didn't affect us personally. Now, it does affect us and do you know where all the rebels are that would stand up to this twisting? In PRISON.

Whats left of the American population are those who will sit idly by and lament the final demise of the last bastion of freedom. They will watch its death because when others were standing up and being jailed for it, they said "Well if you didn't break the law you wouldn't be in prison!"

Why do you think felons are not allowed to vote?
Make all crimes a felony, and no one who disagrees with the laws will be able to change them.
Then, make everything a crime.

With Love,

Your Brother

P.S. If you are looking for an alternative, you may wish to see the Plan linked at the bottom of my posts.

edit on 7-1-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
If anything, this shows us what is RIGHT in our country. We operate by a rule of law and the laws must be enforced. Enforcing the First Amendment preserves everyone's freedom.

The article claims the cross must simply be modified to not convey an endorsement of religion.

I know a lot of you think that christianity and it's paraphernalia (crucifixes, crosses, etc) are super nifty, but they do NOT belong in areas funded by the taxpayers.

So it'd be okay if funded by private sources, right?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Political Correctness, has been one of the best tools, one of the most effective tools in destroying our Constitution.
I only hope more people wake up before it is too late.

Don't forget that PC is just the New Age version of the Old Ages tool for twisting the Constitution. That tool? MORALITY

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

So it'd be okay if funded by private sources, right?

It would be okay if it were on private property.
___

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Then by your own words in this thread you are as guilty as I, my friend.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I think those of you who noticed the continuing attack on Christians and our way of life are spot on. Christians, I believe, are now beginning to endure the Tribulations. Keep your eyes peeled on Jerusalem my friends, because when the Temple is re-built I believe that will signal the beginning of the end.

Temple Institute Project

Some Prophecy intreprations

For several end time prophecies to be fulfilled, the temple will have to be rebuilt.

Revelation 11:2 "Leave out the court which is outside the temple and do not measure it, for it has been given to the nations; and they will tread under foot the oly city for forty-two months."

Daniel 9:27 "And he will make a firm covenant with the many for one week, but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and grain offering; and on the wing of abominations will come one who makes desolation, even until a complete destruction, one that is decreed, is poured out on the one who makes desolate."

Daniel 9:26 "Then after the sixty-two weeks the Messiah will be cut off and have nothing, and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary."

Some archeologists believe that the temple mount is actually 340 feet south of the Dome of the Rock site, putting the Dome of the Rock within the Court of the Gentiles. This may be the court outside the temple that is left out.

There are many groups already working on preparations for the new temple. The blueprints are already done, the temple garments have been made, and there have already been attempts to lay the cornerstone of the temple. The only thing standing in the way of the construction of the new temple is Islam's third holiest site, the Dome of the Rock and government support for such an undertaking. Some possible scenarios for the rebuilding of the temple are as follows:

1. The persuasion and performing of miracles by the Antichrist and False Prophet convinces the Islamic world to approve the rebuilding.

2. The United Nations will negotiate the rebuilding of the temple following a war with the armies from the North (Russia and Islamic forces). This assumes that the war with the armies from the North is not the battle of Armageddon as some feel and that this attack occurs before the rapture or tribulation period begins. The supernatural destruction of the Russian army and Islamic forces will cause an outpouring of Christian worship and zeal amongst the Jewish people who will reconstruct the temple.

3. It is determined that the site of the first two temples is actually south of the Dome of the Rock, and the court of the gentiles (Dome of the Rock) will be left out of the 3rd temple.

A group in Israel called the Temple Mount Faithful have obtained most of the clothing, instruments and other equipment required for temple worship and are actively preparing for the laying of the third temple's cornerstone.

Call me what you will - but as someone who values my logical, critical thinking and analytical abilities AND someone who values their faith - I for one am seriously beginning to believe that 2012 may mark something huge. An all out war/apocalypse? Maybe not, but certainly some sort of Revelation (awakening).

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Why? Don't christains pay taxes? Aren't they allowed to express freely?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Why? Don't christains pay taxes? Aren't they allowed to express freely?

Sure, christians pay taxes, along with Jews, Hindus, Muslims and atheists, etc.

Christians do express freely when they erect religious symbols on their private property. When on public-funded property the expression originates from government and the result is the government endorsing/promoting a specific religion: a constitutional no-no. This is not in place to limit the freedom of christians. It's in place to guarantee the religious freedom of all Americans.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join