It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Activists decry plans for 'second class' of US citizen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Activists decry plans for 'second class' of US citizen

www.rawstory.com

Human rights activists and some constitutional scholars are denouncing a proposal by a group of state lawmakers to create a "second class" of US citizenship that would apply to children of illegal immigrants.

State Legislators for Legal Immigration -- a group that represents lawmakers from 40 states -- announced this week it will be pushing for a radical redefinition of American citizenship at the state level.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The irony (or perhaps not) in this is that our gov literally treats our LEGAL citizens like 2nd class citizens, so there ain't a whole lot of difference imho. lol.

This is a heated issue to be sure, lots of flare-ups and debates have been going on in recent times, as well as the whole Arizona vs Washington thing.

Personally, I have seen probs occuring with our borders being so pourus that they are like a sponge for immigrants, so if they really wanted to curb the issue of this, they could start there. Heh.

But is this legislation going a step to far? Labeling children born within our borders as a virtual 2nd class citizen, if their parents are not legalized? Or is this a way to discourage folks from deliberately using the system to get their children legalized without having to go through proper channels to become legal themselves first?

Thoughts?

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
If they do this then it'll just the first step into a modern-day caste system.

Our government is in its final throes anyway I think so it hardly matters what they do at this point. They can go ahead and bring on the martial law and citizen round-ups into concentration camps for all I care. It'll be their last move in their current form, before we hit the "reset" button one way or another.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
What a sneaky clever way to introduce a system in which we also
would be able to, in the future, distinguish between the "haves and have-nots"
in all ways...

Also, sinisterly, if the US ever becomes an Islamic state, we will already have the means
in place to "punish" the ones who do not want to be in with the believers. The second class system
will already be set up.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I'm sure we already have a "caste" now, that is actively seeking a way to demote citizens to a "not quite" citizens caste.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
This is what I would do: Secure our borders as much as we possibly can with permanent military bases as soon as possible. 2nd: deport ALL illegals immediately.. they have the choice to leave their anchor babies for adoption or they can take them with them to their home country. They are all to the back of the line for legal immigration. Then cut all welfare, medical, housing and benefits to anyone not legally in the US and stiffly fine/confiscate businesses who employ illegals.. sell assets of these businesses to help fund border security. Force ICE to enforce our laws and deport ** immediately**. Crimes committed by Illegals ban them from ever becoming a citizen at any point in the future. If they re-enter and are caught, make an agreement with the other country previously that second offense requires imprisonment in their home country. Fine and punish ALL sanctuary cities, entities, churches, I dont care what they are criminally for breaking federal law. No funding for YOU sanctuary cities. ONE warning and then shoot to kill on the border. Drug smuggling.. shoot them. Weapon smuggling? shoot them. Wanna be a coyote? You get executed. Streamline the immigration process and make it mandatory you speak the language here and know our laws. No immigrant should be able to come here and immediately get on welfare forever. Limit the time anyone receives benefits. They can come on a work visa, secure employment and then apply for citizenship.

Make it highly undesirable to enter this country illegally, condone it at businesses, and enable them with sanctuary... punish any infraction of our federal laws upon individuals, groups, businesses, cities, and states. You know.. follow and uphold our own damned laws.

Thats my opinion. Dont care if you disagree. Just hope and pray I never get elected president.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Thats a lil to viscous though, you are almost going back to early 1900's treatment of Chinese immigrants before the Gentleman's agreement. What you are proposing would never get across the public as the public isn't as bloodthirsty as what you want. Take back the shoot on sight and maybe you would have a plan to bargain upon.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by denynothing

Thats a lil to viscous though, you are almost going back to early 1900's treatment of Chinese immigrants before the Gentleman's agreement. What you are proposing would never get across the public as the public isn't as bloodthirsty as what you want. Take back the shoot on sight and maybe you would have a plan to bargain upon.

You always go a little beyond so you can "compromise" and retract the more unsavory parts.. you know, throw em a bone.

Being a gentle PC liberal hasnt gotten us anywhere good. Its time to be tough. what was it.. something like 338 Billion a year on Illegals? How many jobs lost to them? Yep.. time to stop holding hands and singing kumbaya.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I'm not saying I support illegal immigration, I'm just saying that bringing soldiers down to the border with a shoot first then ask attitude isn't going to be a very welcomed policy.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by denynothing
I'm not saying I support illegal immigration, I'm just saying that bringing soldiers down to the border with a shoot first then ask attitude isn't going to be a very welcomed policy.

There is more than one border BTW... and we'd do well in preventing an influx into sister Canada if we ever start to purge the dead weight illegals here. There are not just average poor mexicans crossing the border for work.. as you are lead to believe. Others from other countries are using that border in the south to access the US as well.

We need control of our ports as well. If you do not shoot armed cartels who bring drugs, illegals for money ( theyre coyotes), and guns into this country, they arent going to go back over the border if you ask nicely. You may have to break a few eggs to get the point across. Have you read what they are doing to our cities in border states? Armed illegals taking over towns and killing citizens? Kidnapping US citizens? Robbing and raping US citizens? They arent too concerned about shooting us it seems. We will sit back, take it, and offer them welfare and sanctuary. Exactly who are we protecting by being so lax and soft in border control?? THE CRIMINALS.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I don't agree with creating a class of second-tier citizens; that's just asking for trouble. And we've already got enough trouble in this country.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I have mentioned it before. It is so simple it is frightning.

Reclassify Hospitals as non-United States soil like an embassy. The child adopts the nationality of the mother.

Is that really so hard?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Yes I realize the unarmed border between america and canada but that is a minor concern to the south. I also know about the drug trafficking. I've watched Gangland a few times haha. Your plan is your plan, but a plan like yours is not a viable option. America was founded on immigration, and to just start viciously killing illegal immigrants whether it be drug trafficker or a simple job seeker. The American public isn't into killing as much as one might think. The thing the country needs is more bodies on the border and bases that way a deterrent is created without the killing and starting a war with Mexico.

top topics

join