It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FACT CHECK: Mass bird, fish deaths occur regularly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

WASHINGTON – First, the blackbirds fell out of the sky on New Year's Eve in Arkansas. In recent days, wildlife have mysteriously died in big numbers: 2 million fish in the Chesapeake Bay, 150 tons of red tilapia in Vietnam, 40,000 crabs in Britain and other places across the world. Blogs connected the deadly dots, joking about the "aflockalypse" while others saw real signs of something sinister, either biblical or environmental.

The reality, say biologists, is that these mass die-offs happen all the time and usually are unrelated.

Federal records show they happen on average every other day somewhere in North America. Usually, we don't notice them and don't try to link them to each other.

news.yahoo.com...

I'm not really buying it. Look at all the comments to the story, most of them are from people that are realizing that something is up, People that are not trusting the media or the government.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
What ever,. we live in an age (for the last 20 years or so) of instant media,.
and this isnt usual,. fact? hmmm
edit on 6-1-2011 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

So only now the "unrelated" deaths deserve nonstop media attention? Riiiiight

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I'd like to see some of those sources... perhaps then I'd actually believe it.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontLegalizeDecriminalize

sorry for being so stupid,.
but elaborate please.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
No, I think you misunderstood my take on it . I was posting this because I think it is bs, but this is the medias answer- "ehhh, It's nothing , this sort of thing happens all the time, we just don't report it"

Just because some expert says so, doesn't make it fact. I do not feel like it is a normal occurrence, especially with all the other issues going on with the Earth at this time.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontLegalizeDecriminalize

I'm tellin ya' man
this is crazy ! their all unrelated folks,go back to sleep.
It's only the ones you will 'never hear about'
you should worry about, nothing to see here.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
"we don't notice them and don't try to link them to each other."

What do they do there ? Does anyone care about accountability , who is in charge here ... someone is not doing here not doing there job and i sense a little lying . But of course the government wouldnt * lie .

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

No problem, man. Since the MSM claims that these mass deaths are a normal occurrence and happen frequently, the thing that baffles me is the insane amount of attention they are suddenly getting in the media. I have NEVER heard about anything like thousands of birds dropping from the sky and dying (besides in movies), or thousands of fish randomly washing up on shores dead. That may not be the case for other people, but I find it strange that since this is such a "frequent occurrence", I am only just now beginning to heard about it for the first time. I think they are blatantly lying to the public to try and keep us calm, prevent us from panicking, because I guess our weak little minds can't handle a little truth and fear.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Federal records show they happen on average every other day somewhere in North America. Usually, we don't notice them and don't try to link them to each other.

Really? How the Heck could you not notice?

top topics

join