It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO spotted in Lima, Peru

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The other day I was having a BBQ at the house of one of my girlfriend's friends. I was inside for a short while and when I went to the garden she told me that she'd seen something strange in the sky, which didn't seem to conform to a normal plane vista. She said its movement was erratic but attributed it to a shooting star....although she conceded that this was unlikely given that Lima has quite a lot of light pollution. A couple of days had passed when today she was surprised to discover an online article - confirming the strange phenomenon - posted on the website of the country's premier news agency, El Comercio. I don't know how to embed links but I've pasted the direct path below:

elcomercio.pe...

Apparently, the lights were oscillating whilst they floated in the darkness. The 'UFO' appears as a uniformly spaced band of individual lights, although greater image quality might have elucidated further unseen detail that might have elaborated on its true structure. The owner of the footage, who lives in the ghetto suburb featured claims that strange lights defying mainstream explanation are often seen in the sky. A supposed ufologist comments, expressing his belief that it was definitely a UFO and suggested on a national news station that the capital's airport is contacted to establish whether they can corraborate the sighting with radar evidence.

Quite interesting in my opinion....and just wanted to share with the ATS community.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LaVerdadDesconocida

saw a video kind of like that not long ago, turned out to be cars driving down a mountain side, it was too obvious.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Bienvenido a ATS La Verdad Desconocida!

Ok, this is interesting to say the least.

Thank you for posting this.

Have a good time around here!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Looks like a bus with lights on inside driving down the side of a hill/mountain.

Is there a hill/mountain where the film was shot?

Nice footage though! good find

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mmartist

I'm not familiar with that part of Lima. It is true to say that there are many hills and mountains surrounding the city; however, the vast majority are neither populated nor have roads intersecting them.....rather they are barren, dusty eyesores. If it was a hill with a bus I'd expect there to be some street lights; also, the people in the video know the area and say it was definitely in the sky. Still, it's feasible that they were mistaken.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

It would be nice to see the same view in the daylight! However, not knowing the area you have to take the witness accounts seriously.

Would be good to get this into the main forums so people could comment - perhaps there has been a similar post?

Awesome vid though - hope it turns out to be the genuine article!
edit on 6-1-2011 by mmartist because: corrected spelling!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by mmartist

I'd like to move it across to the Aliens and UFOs forum but unfortunately I have posted less than 20 times and only senior users can do that

new topics

top topics

join