It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anthrax is being mailed in tide packets thru the US mail..(reported)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
ALL,

My wife just recieved a FB post stating that there are tide packets fill with Anthrax being sent through the mail...

just 1 min ago .. location is is Virgina.. still waiting for news updates ..

if anyone has any news of this.. PLZ post it on Breaking News forums.. thx..

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
community.tide.com...

Check out the link above ^^

Not sure, that report came out last summer. Snopes reported it as a hoax.
edit on 6-1-2011 by Mastermook because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I received a forwarded text message today claiming the same thing. Needless to say I won't be using any sample packets of that stuff anytime soon.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Mastermook

could be someone starting the hoax again and the details are sketchy atm.. but 7 people are dead already .

still trying to find more..

source said it was on CNN today .. I've been on CNN and Fox sites pretty much all day.. but just be breaking

edit on 6-1-2011 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo

could be someone starting the hoax again and the details are sketchy atm.. but 7 people are dead already .

Have you got a link about the 7 people being dead?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
It would be on every news station on the air right now if it were true. If it's not it's a hoax. Probably a fired employee or some idiot who needs a brain overhaul that thinks its funny.

Every thing that comes up in a search says its a hoax. Hope they find the jerk(s) who are responsible and neuter them before they breed

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Well, nothing smells as foul as 'Tide'. Hopefully the anthrax will have a less offensive odor about it.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
OK, multiple stories on the Internet from news sources about this. The hoax has been ongoing since 2001. The messages claim it was reported on CNN but CNN never reported any such story. Amazing it could continue to circulate all these years and people are still spreading it. Probably kids who think its funny or children in adult bodies who think its funny.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
OK, multiple stories on the Internet from news sources about this. The hoax has been ongoing since 2001. The messages claim it was reported on CNN but CNN never reported any such story. Amazing it could continue to circulate all these years and people are still spreading it. Probably kids who think its funny or children in adult bodies who think its funny.

well.. our friend JUST saw it on CNN today on the news.. however, the website isn't reporting anything on the subject yet..just the same thing as eariler today since noon..

so yea.. i'm checking other sources..

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by starless and bible black
reply to post by Komodo

Well, nothing smells as foul as 'Tide'. Hopefully the anthrax will have a less offensive odor about it.

Yeah, and its even worse when youre allergic to it, dont know it, and wear the panties you just washed in tide..
Tide is evil... truly.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennylee

she said it was on CNN channel today .. so far no websites are reporting this.. she could have heard something close to this.. but.. dunno..

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennylee

Yeah a current news link would be great. Im watching Cnn and its a re run of Anderson Cooper, so where did anyone hear that cnn is reporting an anthrax attack?

I've also googled current events and haven't seen any reportes of an attack.

So yeah, a link with evidence would be nice, instead of a random post of fb?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
found it .. on .. of all places ..reddit.. here's the only news source I found so far..

usspost.com...

A rumor went around the Internets that Tide is sending samples contaminated with anthrax and people died. Well, like all the dead celebrities on Twitter, it’s just a hoax people.

So go wash your clothes and do not worry. A declaration of a Tide Rep: “I work for the Tide brand, I can confirm 100% that the text message going around is not true. From time to time people do this kind of thing as a joke; unfortunately, there is little we can do other than to share the fact that it is completely baseless.
usspost.com...

odd that she saw it on CNN..
edit on 6-1-2011 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
HOAX
edit on January 6th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

top topics

join