It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

truth about "weapons find" in iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
with more stories coming out of the white house about "chemical weapons finds", heres an interesting article about those supposed finds. its a thin line the administration is walking here. nothing new though. this whole "war" was predicated on a thin line..

www.democraticunderground.com...

we'll see. should be an interesting time untill november gets here.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
It may be true that the administration used the pretence of WMD as one reason why we invaded Iraq but get your head out of your Ass. The real and only reason was to bring the fight of the Islamic Terriorist to there soil.
You can argue all you want about WMD not being found but who cares. The objective of the administration has been achieved. Iran and Syria will be our next target and if we succeed a transformation of ideology will emerge.
Do you want our nation to behave like an Ostric and keep its head buried in the sand? I for one enjoy my meager way of life even though I'm not a wealthy westener. Liberty and freedom for our western values where not given to us. We fought and died to make them a reality.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I think the parents of all the soldiers killed and wounded are the ones with the most right to care. Care if they were misslead or if we are following the proper direction for our country.

You know you can scream and bitch all want about how there are other reasons, still during the lead up to war that was the primary reason. He has these weapons and he will use them against us. Whether it was said directly or implied, it was the only reason people talked about war with Iraq.

We have a right to DEMAND our administration tell us the truth. But in this country we will vote to decide if we feel we misslead or not.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
flycatch wrote:

"It may be true that the administration used the pretence of WMD as one reason why we invaded Iraq but get your head out of your . The real and only reason was to bring the fight of the Islamic Terriorist to there soil."

If that's the case, why couldn't they be honest and say so from the beginning? Then we could have had a real debate on the wisdom of that strategy, as opposed to being stampeded into assent b y a bunch of exaggerations and misrepresentations.

"You can argue all you want about WMD not being found but who cares. The objective of the administration has been achieved."

If the administration's aim was to give our active enemies time to regroup and recuperate, and to give their recruiting effort a massive boost, then yes I guess their objective has been achieved.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
good point, okie. everything prewar, was "WMDS" and all that. now, they just keep shifting the reasons around. easier for us to digest then the facts. while i dont have any children there, i do have a 14 year old and 4 more years is of crtical importance to me. BUSH HAS BLOWN IT AND NEEDS TO GO !!!! it has got to stop people. to hell with the people in the middle east. you want medicine? sure! here ya go! , you need some food? nooo problem. but screw sendind our people over there to die, ESPICALLY WHEN IT IS PREDICATED ON LIES AND GREED. heres an idea. lets wait, untill they ATTACK US !!! then with the support of the rest of the free world, we respond. not go around an attack those who "may" turn out to be a problem later on.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
You argue that you have a right to no why we invaded Iraq. You feel that you have been lied to and deceived. From my point of view you are correct.
Our administration and that of Iran new we were going to invade. Did our administration call this a preemptive action? Finding WMD would be icing on the cake.
Please do not live your life with blinders on. I went to Vietnam not knowing why but I did not return to America as a protester against the conflict. I understand your point of view but I did not bring this war to our soil, they did.
I bet you drive an SUV and live in subarbs.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I respect what you just said fly, and also had hoped that following Vietnam we would not again send a soldier into battle without clearly defined reasons and goals. Lessons of the past need to be considered in the future. Okay no I am not saying Iraq and Vietnam are the same thing but we should have learned then, you cannot enter a conflict without clear reasons and the American people deserve to know the reasons.

Oh and to answer your question. No SUV or Suburbs. I drive an economy car and live in a rural area.
Not giving any more of my money to the blood thirsty oil masters than I have too.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I do believed that it was congress who approved the invasion of iraq.
Although President Bush had the power to invade iraq without the approval of congress, he chose to seek there support.

So it is ridiculous to say that Bush invaded iraq when it was in fact congress who authorized the use of the military.

Furthermore saddam posessed, used, and continued to develope WMD.

That tidbit is for all the "truth seekers".

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Flycatch, right on for saying it like it is. Take the fight to the enemy. Is Al Qaeda attacking us on our soil? No they are attacking our troops that are prepared for war. Isn�t that better than blowing up American citizens on buses on their way to work? The people of Iraq wanted to be free and they are. They will eventually moderate the Middle East making the atmosphere un-hospitable for the extremist Muslims. The extremist Muslims started this conflict a long time ago. Do you remember the marines in Beirut, the Iran hostages, the attack by the Iranians on one of our warships, the world trade tower attack in 93, the attack on 2 of our over seas embassies, the USS Cole, there is even evidence that that Iraqis were involved in the Oklahoma bombing and then of course 9-11.

Sublime4372 you wrote �but screw sendind our people over there to die, ESPICALLY WHEN IT IS PREDICATED ON LIES AND GREED. heres an idea. lets wait, untill they ATTACK US!!�

First, how was attacking Iraq greedy?
Do you really want to let them attack first? They already attacked us first many years ago. What do you say we let them attack you first on us soil next time.

The truth is we need to protect ourselves and it is better to do it over there than here. That is unless you like war on your doorstep. George Bush has the balls to make the tough decisions that our politicians have skirted in the past, for that I have great respect for him.

As far as Saddams weapons goes I listened to an interview with a contractor for one of the companies providing security in Iraq. His job was to guard the people blowing up Saddams weapons. He said that it will take at least two years to blow it all up. He further stated that they are blowing stuff up that they do not even know what it is because there is so much of it that they just blow it up instead of looking it all over to see what he has. He said they are most likely blowing up WMD on a daily basis.

[edit on 13-7-2004 by cryptorsa1001]

top topics

join