It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Lurker-New Member

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Hello to everyone that reads this! I've been lurking on here for about a year now, after reading Jim Mar's Above Top Secret book. I also have been following the site via Facebook, and figured it was about time to join!

As far as my relevent interests go, they consist primarily of 9/11 conspiracy theories, UFOs and ET's, Ancient Astronaut theories, and Paranormal Phenomena. I have actually seen several UFOs (I may start a thread about them) and have had some experience with Shadow People.

Outside of all of that stuff, I am an electronic musician(think techno with keyboards and drum machines) and I also partake in art projects every now and then. I'm also a bit of a reader, and my current favorite author is William Gibson. As far as my profession goes, I work for a small home remodeling business.

Well, I hope that sums me up well enough, and I look forward to some replies!
edit on 6-1-2011 by zyrna539 because: Clearing up some wording issues.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by zyrna539

Hi mate and welcome - Im new here too, looks like a lot of us have joined today!

Where abouts in the world are you from?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I live in a town very close to Atlanta, GA. It's pretty much the last bit of civilization before you enter the mountains in the north of the state.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
It is good to see more people waking up and getting involved in the problems that are going on. They aren't easy ones but we can get through them if we all pull together to responsibly work through it. You have come to a good place and hopefully see you around on the threads, take care.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Thanks for the welcome! I'm glad to be here, where I can finally talk about these kinds of things. It seems like you folks are a pretty interesting and intelligent bunch and I'm glad to be a part of this site!

I am having some trouble uploading an avatar, and it's honestly been pretty frustrating. I read in the new members thread that you can't upload an image at this point in time. I tried to use photobucket instead, but that doesn't seem like it's working. If anyone can help me out, I'd really appreciate it. I hate being without an avatar on a forum, and it's kind of driving me nuts!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I read in the new members thread that you can't upload an image at this point in time

You will have to wait until you have made 20 posts first. After then you can start new threads and will be able to upload photos and other stuff.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Oh ok, I understand now. I thought perhaps that was the case with avatars, though I wasn't really sure.

Thanks for the help!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Hi zyrna539 , and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

I'm still not able to set an image in my media files as my avatar. I keep selecting an image, and it tells me it has been set as my avatar, yet it does not show up next to my posts. What am I doing wrong? I'm used phb forums where this process is much easier...

Now it won't show my name! What the hell is going on here?

edit on 23-1-2011 by zyrna539 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2011 by zyrna539 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

go back to your media storage and click on the picture, after you have done that you will see 3 url addresses below the image, highlight and copy the one that says use for ATS avatar. Now you can click the link to use as ATS avatar, or go to you settings page and paste the avatar url and submit.
edit on 23/1/2011 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

top topics

join