It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadians Avoid Vaccinations, Numbers on the Rise in Toronto

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Guess What? H1N1 Flu Shots are back in the news, Vaccinations are 20% down now the doctors they fear they will lose there money.

Canadians blase Flu shots

Doctors fear Canadians won’t bother to get vaccinated when faced with a future influenza pandemic – or even to get their annual flu shot now that the season is upon us – after so many sailed through last year’s global infection unscathed and unimmunized.

Flu cases show spike amid complacency about vaccines

Vaccinations are 20% down our local news CP24 News Is still promoting the H1N1 Flu shots urging all pregnant women to get a flu shot, interesting to note those had a flu shot are now saying they wish they shouldn't had one. one.

The folks here are starting to less miss trust the local news network.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The Canadian News is so flitty. I wonder why flu vaccinations are down this year? Besides the fact that people are waking up to the idea that these shots may not be beneficial to their health, the Canadian Government/Media announced nationally that the whole H1N1 thing was a big conspiracy.

If you want citizens to get the flu shot don't tell them the pushed H1N1 vaccinations were a big scam during the recession to move money around for the US economy.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Yeah, I never get vaccinated. I hate needles, and the last vaccination I got was for the measles. I had spots for 3 days after that. No other symptoms, but had to cover and hide the spots to be able to go out. Another friend, ten years ago, got talked into a flu shot, his very first ever. I was really sick for about a month, he was really sick for about 4 months. I've never been sick since then either, maybe that flu gave me some immunity from others.

I don't trust flu vaccines to work like they're supposed too. Too many possible strains out there, every year.

I'll stick with extra Vitamin D, and other immunity builders, and keep stocked up on chicken noodle soup, and gingerale.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
What to trust is pretty simple really...rule of thumb, if a politician is doing it, then you know its alright.
Now, the trick is to find out what they are doing overall. That may take some research.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
the doctors they fear they will lose there money.

Nothing in either of the articles you've cited mentioned doctors or their incomes. Why do you have to include an off-topic personal attack in your opening statement?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
the doctors they fear they will lose there money.

Nothing in either of the articles you've cited mentioned doctors or their incomes. Why do you have to include an off-topic personal attack in your opening statement?

Why do you have to include an off-topic personal attack in your opening statement

Its an opinion you know figure of speech,unless your a doctor and my statement has offended you then i am sorry its quite simple actually doctors aren't healers right? they only give patients prescription drugs and minor or more advices to your health including flu shots or other shots, thus thats how they make money.

Giving whichever your going to choice its up to the patients to decide whats right for them.

I didn't go off topic that was my opinion, now as for the doctors losing there incomes they can lose there incomes if they are promoting flu shots.

That's why most family doctors didn't want to promote the H1N1 flu shots, they knew people wouldn't take them.

I hope this clears the doctor part.
edit on 6-1-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Vaccinations were down because they were far less advertized.

Couple that with the seasons being "off" and it being warm well into the normal run up to Flu Season, people weren't in the the right mindset to be thinking about those shots. Then the cold weather hit fast, and it was already past the time when most of the flu clinics had already shut down.

People starting getting into the full swing of the normal flu season without any preamble, and you either got sick right away with a flu anyways, or you'd been around people who got sick and didn't so didn't worry about it at all.

And there it is.

We discussed this at work several weeks ago, and this about sums up most of the given reasons why people who usually got them didn't.
edit on 2011/1/6 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

The WHO said the Pandemic will go on until 2012, so there's still plenty of time to find a way to get most of us sterilized. They'll have a Plan B and Plan C to get us to take those shots

top topics

join