It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Really Amps People? - a Writing Contest [WRAP] [Winners announced]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

As many times as you like. A completely different story may allowed to remain on the Short Stories forum, but have the [WRAP] removed from the title, disqualifying it as a contest submission OR, if it's the same story with too many changes, it can be deleted and replaced with a new submission. You may do this as often as you like as long as the contest runs. For the sake of expediency, though, U2U me for any and all modifications.

Gotcha, thank you!

The rule within the OP is specific. You DO need those 20 posts before you can start a thread. However, it is ridiculously easy to rack up those 20 posts. First of all, do an introduction thread and profusely thank every member that replies in it OR you could go to the Off Topic forums and plink away at whatever might tickle your sense of humor.

Ah, I didn't even think of that... that's a great idea, thank you!

If you like creative writing, you are going to find yourself among quite a number of like-minded individuals. Enjoy.

Good to hear! I've always loved creative writing but as of late have drifted away from it because I have to stick to straight non-fiction while freelancing. These past few months, writing has practically become a chore... until now. So thanks for that!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Yeah turns out I really didn't think it through when I said a million words.

Boy was I way off. Oh well I hope it's good regardless.

I did what I could and am now reviewing it before submission.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
My entry into the WRAP writing contest.

Mission Creep : Agenda of An Alleged "New World Order" and Those Doing Their Bidding [WRAP]

Good luck to all who enter and I hope everyone enjoys all of the entries.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I have officially submitted my story.

For Fatherland and Freedom![WRAP]

I hope everyone has a great time writing and reading the submissions!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

There are so many GREAT contenders

Everyone I've read is REALLY good!

This is going to get ugly.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yeah... I've already alerted the judges. This looks like it's going to be a blockbuster contest because so many great submissions have come in already and we've well over a month to go.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Ive enjoyed reading the storys ..Im not even close to being done there is so many to read and there all so good ..

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Yeah, I agree with everyone that there's some really good stuff that's been submitted. And I haven't even read half of everything yet!

reply to post by Misoir

Your story's theme/topic is eerily close to mine. I'm not done with yours yet but am really enjoying what I've read so far -- excellent job!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JDWriter

I found elements of mine very similar to half a dozen of the others too, I think there must just be a fair few of us amped up about the same things, I doubt it was intentional, eerie maybe but I thought it was kind of cool just quietly

-B.M

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
There are load sof entries to this comp, its really enjoyable to read!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I've read quite a few of the entries, not all yet, but so far wow!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

The major idea behind this contest topic was the notion that people write their best stories if it's something they know on a personal level.

I think it's working nicely.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I just added my story to the contest. It's exactly what was on my mind and close to my heart. A horror story. I can't get away from that genre. Oh well. Here it is.

Anger Incarnate

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I don't know if a pictorial would count it's worth around 70,000 words and you need not be able to read, or even speak a language for that matter, to understand. I just did this a couple of days ago and did not know about your little contest here. If you guy's think it's worthy I would like to enter it. If so could you insert the [WRAP] in place of (updated).

This was a true expression of What Really Amps Me!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit: Not sure if it can be duplicated into the Short Stories Forum?

edit on 4-2-2011 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
What I'd need to do is count the actual words which you wrote in the OP. It's fine to use pics in a short story in order to 'illustrate' a point, but the contest has a rule regarding 300 words as a minimum. Having had a quick peek at the thread, I don't think it makes the grade.

A picture may be worth a thousand words, but not in a 'writing contest'.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
My Dear Masqua. You have singlehandedly created a monster. I should probably post this in "predictions", because I predict the mass resignations of judges.

The entries are awesome, although very long. I can't seem to keep up with them. Good luck.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Definitely, not 300 words, but as I stated, I didn't know about it at the time or I would have put a couple of paragraphs in. When I did the thread, I wanted to tell a story that transcended words.

Still 24 day's right? Maybe I will do an updated to the update and make a new one for the contest.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

You have until midnight (EST) on the 28th. Even if you were to post it before me rising the morning of March 1, I would still include it (if the rules in the OP are met) up until the moment I post, on this thread and in the title, that the contest is closed.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I love it.

If there ever was a revolution within the ranks of the judging panel, I would completely understand when they are faced with a task such as this.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Hahaha! I did it! I had intended to write a serial killer stalking ATS members who do that dreaded...

(second line)

thing. It ended up morphing due to a steady influx of psychobilly band Deadbolt... so thus I came up with Red Cooley, Burn In Hell.

Enjoy!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join